Been an up and down year for me but I got a new guitar and a motorcycle and a car

Macelind

• Members

Some of you may know that I'm going back to school. I'm working on a Technical Management degree. I took 16 hours last spring, 13 hours this fall, and I'm enrolled in 20 hours this spring. I got a 4.0 the last three semesters and my overall GPA is at 3.5 thank to three Fs I got when I walked out of school 10 years ago. I never thought I would go back. :facepalm:

I'm still working 40 hours a week in computer services for the public schools. Our Superintendent was a real ballbuster and stressed everybody out at work to the point that we had the highest turnover I have seen in 9 years there. I lost some years over the bitch. Anyway, she up and resigned effective immediately in October. Work has been much more relaxed since then.

My wife and I had saved up almost enough money to buy a house when our small town was hit by the oil boom and pushed real estate ownership out of our reach. Everything available has at least doubled in price. So, we decided to upgrade vehicles, a 2012 Ford Taurus for her and a 2013 Ford Escape for me. Mine is alright. I can haul computers and my family in it. I still miss my pickup. At least the Escape gets better fuel mileage.

My wife decided I needed a motorcycle again and basically made me buy one so I could take her out on it. I got a 2012 Honda Shadow Phantom. It is nice having a bike again. In June, I was headed back to work. I went to turn up a side street and the next thing I knew I was sliding on my face. No serious damage to me or the bike. I walked the street and the asphalt was so slick I could slide on it like it was wet. I have to get a small dent pulled out of the tank and have it repainted. No big deal. I still love the bike.

So on to the guitar...

I have been wanting a PRS again and decided I wasn't going to wait any longer. It's a 2012 PRS Custom24 in Plumb Crazy Purple. I still haven't decided if I really like the color but at least it's not like every other PRS out there. The pickups are really nice. I can get the thick humbucker tone in the 1, 3, and 5 position I need for heavier rock and metal. I can then switch to the 2 or 4 positions and get a cool single coil like tone great for blues. The PRS is quite a bit lighter than the PRSi I have had in the past and WAY lighter than my LPC 68RI. I still haven't quite gotten used to the feel of the string spacing which I find odd but overall I really like this guitar. Now I just need to get a Tele...and an SG...

TLDR: It's been an down then up year at work, school is going well, I got a new guitar, car, small SUV, and motorcycle

IMAG0062_zps8d0a1372.jpg

IMAG0066_zpsfce2c1a7.jpg

IMAG0064_zpsa30d6c7a.jpg

IMAG0063_zpscbb239c3.jpg

IMAG0062_zps8d0a1372.jpg

Pic of my face after I went down on the bike.

Picture0017.jpg

And the bike before I went down.

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

• Members

nice bike, i have ashadow too but this one is awesome. Want to buy something more powerful though, i have the 750 and it lack a little horsepower.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I really like my bike but it is underpowered. At least with the Roadburner exhaust it sounds mean.

Archived