Midi foot controller ------> G-Lab GSC-1?

Pizza Combo

• Members

Hey guys.
I'm looking for an inexpensive, simple to use midi footcontroller and I'm checking this one out.
Now, I know {censored} for midi pedalboards and midi language, I just want something not too big to carry around that'll let me floor switch presets on my Rocktron Voodu Valve preamp which is midi capable.
I'd like to get instant access to 4 or 5 presets per bank if that's not too much to ask, maybe switch channels for a multichannel amp and that's about it.

Will this {censored} do it? any help much appreciated please

138819.jpg

G Lab GSC-1 guitar system controller - MIDI controller and switch control centre for a complete guitar set-up, very thomann easy to use and program, programmable presets for 4 effects loops and 4 switches, 4x 9V outputs for external effect pedals, tuner out, MIDI out, "link" input for optional "wah pad", includes power supply and 9V cable set for external effects pedals. Dimensions: thomann 415 x 55 x 125mm (WxHxD). Weight: 1.4kg.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vickno

View Post

If you don't have pedals to control but only the Voodoo Valve you don't need the GSC, Behringer FCB1010 will do the midi control and amp switching and it's much cheaper.

And I have one for sale in my sig!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Combo

View Post

Behringer FCB1010 is out of the question, it's too large and I have no use for 2 expression pedals, I need something more compact like the GSC

You do know that you can control a lot....I mean A LOT of things in the Voodoo Valve with the expression pedals right? Any function in it that can be adjusted via a MIDI controller value can be manipulated through the expression pedals. This can be as simple as volume/wah or as complicated as real time pitch shifting, phaser sweeps. You can also power the FCB with the Rocktron through a 7 pin MIDI cable with a simple mod.

Archived