X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Suit shopping...

Where do you guys get your suits?

I'm looking to pick a couple up. Probably 1 gray, and 1 black. Slim/modern fit. The gray one for interviews and more professional occasions, and the black for more formal occasions. I'd also like the black jacket to go with jeans.

Price isn't a huge issue, but let's stay away from $2,000 Armani's (As much as I'd love to)

I know some of you guys are snazzy dressers...help a brotha out.
    Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Buy a few cheap ones and take em to a good taylor

Its all about the fit.

Comment

You're too fat right now. Wait until you lean up or it will hang on you like an old tent once you reach your target weight. Just sayin'. Love izzy.
      The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

You can always hit Jos A Banks for inexpensive suits. I'm a big fan of Hugo Boss, though I don't know if it's out of your price range. There's a a Hugo outlet in Cleveland.

Where ever you get it, find a good tailor via yelp and have it tailored. That's just as important as the suit itself.
        Main Rig:
        LTD EC1000
        Peavey 6505+
        Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
        Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
        M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

This is where I'm buying my next suit.

http://www.indochino.com/
          SPAM:Pedals http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ckson-amp-more

Good Deals: guitarbilly74, Rose Pickups, Plastic_Rocker, lespaul6, The Riffer, thirsty one, MRAAJR, Dogbone94, Scarlet Theory, BOOBIES, Rick Lee, & richey888

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Macelind
            View Post

was about to post this too.

http://dappered.com/2010/11/the-indo...ultimate-gray/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked
              View Post

meh, ultimate ghey -- i like grey suits but thats way too light

Otherwise that indochino line looks fantastic.
              The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid
                View Post

You're too fat right now. Wait until you lean up or it will hang on you like an old tent once you reach your target weight. Just sayin'. Love izzy.

Haha, I'm really not. I'm back down to about 166, and have about 10 lbs to lose, max. I don't need to wear the suit for a while, so I'd have them take it in a hair more than I'd need now. Sort of a motivational suit.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                View Post

You can always hit Jos A Banks for inexpensive suits. I'm a big fan of Hugo Boss, though I don't know if it's out of your price range. There's a a Hugo outlet in Cleveland.

Where ever you get it, find a good tailor via yelp and have it tailored. That's just as important as the suit itself.

I'll look into it. I'd like to keep it around a grand for both, but I know that may be hard. I will DEFINITELY have it tailored. I have a charcoal one now that's pretty nice that I need to get tailored still...

View Post

Checking it out now, thanks!
                Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid
                  View Post

meh, ultimate ghey -- i like grey suits but thats way too light

Otherwise that indochino line looks fantastic.

That's where personal preference gets ya. That's the one I went straight to on the site.

Comment

View Post

Those actually look great. I'm kinda interested. I friggin love the "Essential Prince of Wales 3 Piece Suit"

http://www.indochino.com/product/the...s-3-piece-suit
                    Main Rig:
                    LTD EC1000
                    Peavey 6505+
                    TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                    Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

View Post

I came in here to recommend jos a. They are having ridiculous deals almost all the time now and are good quality suits.

Comment

On second though, make sure you read the comments on that Indochino review.
                        Main Rig:
                        LTD EC1000
                        Peavey 6505+
                        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther
                          View Post

That's where personal preference gets ya. That's the one I went straight to on the site.

NTTAWWT

Comment

Only buy super 100s wool or better unless it's a one-time-wear (for a special event).

Nordstrom is my go-to place, and I have my own tailor do the fitting. Joe Abboud and Hugo Boss are good starter suits.
                            HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

View Post

On second though, make sure you read the comments on that Indochino review.

Yeah, doesn't sound too good. To be honest, I'd feel a little iffy ordering a suit online without seeing how I looked in it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X