Think I finally got all the vocals fixed on this track ~ lemme know what y'all think!

draelyc

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

That would be awesome, mang ~ much appreciated! And yeah, no need to worry about the earlier version ... I'm just hoping this one's okay, y'know? smile.gif

Gotcha. I'm actually working on a tune myself. First and only Sex Panther original solo song with vocals. I won't be posting it though. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

Gotcha. I'm actually working on a tune myself. First and only Sex Panther original solo song with vocals. I won't be posting it though. icon_lol.gif

Dude, if I haven't lowered the bar enough for *everybody*, then I just don't know, y'know? icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

I'll post all the guitar clips in the world...when it comes to vocals....pass. icon_lol.gif

Lol, okay ... but do you even know how much crap I've taken around here over my attempts at singing? Just sayin', ya can't be any worse than sone of the stuff I've posted... tongue.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

Lol, okay ... but do you even know how much crap I've taken around here over my attempts at singing? Just sayin', ya can't be any worse than sone of the stuff I've posted... tongue.gif

It's more the sappy emo love song lyrics and gay sounding voice I'm concerned about. icon_lol.gif

• Members

About to listen to this one bro, just listened to Go Lassie and Where Peaceful Waters Flow on your SoundCloud. Go Lassie is perfect as is, WPWF is awesome! Reminds me of The Byrds a lot, if you can borrow a 12-string acoustic to layer them, that would rule! thumb.gif

EDIT: Saw the link to other thread. Reposting this there!

• Members

View Post

I'll listen later.

But to emphasize, just because some people are fine posting things, doesn't mean I'm gonna follow. Plenty of guys spread their buttcheeks and post it on the internet. I'll pass on that. icon_lol.gif

Omg, LOL! Like I said, I've posted some embarrassing stuff and taken a lot of crap for it, but I've never been compared to goatse before! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75

View Post

About to listen to this one bro, just listened to Go Lassie and Where Peaceful Waters Flow on your SoundCloud. Go Lassie is perfect as is, WPWF is awesome! Reminds me of The Byrds a lot, if you can borrow a 12-string acoustic to layer them, that would rule! thumb.gif

EDIT: Saw the link to other thread. Reposting this there!

Wow, thanks! biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

Sounds good to me. You have an interesting voice. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just different.

Thanks, mang. thumb.gif I wouldn't take "interesting" as a bad thing, anyway ... I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I'm basically a folk singer trying to fake like I can sing the rock and/or roll, but whatever the case, I really appreciate your checking out the tune & commenting.

• Members

Chris, it sounds good. The one thing I think would really help your vocals would be tons of compression and bumping the levels to compensate. That way the dips and drops as you go up and down your range would be more even. This also should make it easier for your vocals to sit on top of the mix as opposed to in it. Kind of a Nashville thing to do.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

Chris, it sounds good. The one thing I think would really help your vocals would be tons of compression and bumping the levels to compensate. That way the dips and drops as you go up and down your range would be more even. This also should make it easier for your vocals to sit on top of the mix as opposed to in it. Kind of a Nashville thing to do.

Thanks, mang! That's a good tip, too ... there's a way to edit the built in compression in the recording deck's mic preamp, and I've messed with the settings a bit, but I still haven't found the perfect combination just yet. Something else I gotta keep working on.

I very much appreciate the feedback -- thanks!

• Members

Not bad, but could be better.

Waiting for Tomorrow is still my favorite of all the stuff you've done.

You still need to work on your vocal lines imho. Find someone who is a vocalist only, and have them work with you on melody lines and harmonies/back up vocals. Your vocal style screams guitar player poke.gif

just my 2 cents

• Members

Well I *am* a guitar player! poke.gificon_lol.gif

But point taken, & thanks for the feedback. Sadly, at the moment this tune sounds a lot better than Waiting for Tomorrow (still one of my favorites, too smile.gif ), as I've been trying to get a better mix of that one & so far I've only managed to bollix it up but good. facepalm.gif

Oh well, here's to a flat line of a learning curve...

Thanks for checking out the clip, mang. thumb.gif

Archived