NPD: I went one better and got the ultra

Ron Burgandy

• Members

HNPD man!

I keep saying I need to buy a looper to help me get better at playing. But instead I buy more OD/Distortion/Fuzzes. icon_lol.gif

I expect you to get more delay pedals and create Gene-esque soundscapes to amuse us all. I think that means you need to step up your drinking too.

• Members

Dammit dave, you cocktease. I came in expecting clips...I was left with blue balls cry.gif

Glad you like it!

Youngblood, it takes a drummer who will actually listen and follow the guitar in order to use one live. If you find a drummer who will follow a guitar player's beat, then keep him, because most drummers want to do it their own way, regardless of how much their tempo fluctuates.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Dammit dave, you cocktease. I came in expecting clips...I was left with blue balls cry.gif

Glad you like it!

Youngblood, it takes a drummer who will actually listen and follow the guitar in order to use one live. If you find a drummer who will follow a guitar player's beat, then keep him, because most drummers want to do it their own way, regardless of how much their tempo fluctuates.

That's because most drummers are idiots who never learned to properly play in rhythm. I knew how to play drums long before I picked up a guitar. So I lose my {censored} when a drummer can't just hold it down with a fair bit of restraint. It's not about how many times you hit the skins. It's about how many times you DON"T hit them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

My other guitarist has the larger looper from Boss. Those things are fun to mess with for sure thumb.gif

I'm peeing myself so far. So much better than the dl4 which was my only other looper.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

VC got me a looper couple years back. i still am barely scratching the surface. my problem is successfully implementing it in live use. how the {censored} do people use these live when no drummer is robot perfect?

I got it for {censored}ing around at home but if it's playing back in quantum mode the drummer can treat it like a click? Hell, I dunno! Ive never used one live. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by macgaj3

View Post

I just bought one of those and returned it within 48 hours because of noise issues. No issues with yours?

None whatsoever. It sounds as clear as the source signal with no additional noise. How were you powering it? I've got mine on the iso5 which helps a lot on noise. My old 1 spot sucked

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

i mean isnt the drummer SUPPOSED to dictate tempo? kinda hard to fault them for not being able to play to a click live. 98% of drummers find this difficult.

while the loops are fine for short passages, before anyone can really get off beat, i should invent a looper with realtime tap tempo hooked up to the drums so its slaved to the drummer instead of vice versa idea.gif

and dont listen to van. he gay.

(it actually is really good for that. put each layer in softly though, they can build up real quick)

• Members

View Post

VC got me a looper couple years back. i still am barely scratching the surface. my problem is successfully implementing it in live use. how the {censored} do people use these live when no drummer is robot perfect?

So, your drummer isn't the "Robo" in Robo Cougar eh?

• Members

View Post

i mean isnt the drummer SUPPOSED to dictate tempo? kinda hard to fault them for not being able to play to a click live. 98% of drummers find this difficult.

while the loops are fine for short passages, before anyone can really get off beat, i should invent a looper with realtime tap tempo hooked up to the drums so its slaved to the drummer instead of vice versa idea.gif

and dont listen to van. he gay.

(it actually is really good for that. put each layer in softly though, they can build up real quick)

More like you are.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

I've been really interested in picking one up not for live use but to help me write parts for songs. When I'm writing songs or in the studio I do a lot of layering and a looper seems to be a good way to test run those ideas at home.

Glad you're digging a new pedal, sir!

Dude, that's exactly what I picked it up for. So far it's excellent for that. Thanks, my wife is kick ass.

Archived