NAD. Orange Micro Terror

100 watt

• Members
cool.gif

we did our Christmas early, since we are at the inlaws for christmas.

Mrs Watt hooked me up with an Orange Micro Terror.love.gif

REALLY liking it so far. I think I like it better than the tiny terror. Sounds good hooked up to a 4x12, or using it like a pedal.

I was gonna buy myself one with my xmas bonus, but she hooked me up. Thinking about getting a small 2x10 or 1x12 to go with it.

love it love it love it!

• Members

Didnt get to mess with it too much, but so far Im digging it. Sounded good on its own, but sounded even better when jumped out of the headphone jack & ran into the front of my Randall (set clean) and into my Plexi too. I'll more than likely just use it ran into my old Marshall Bass 12 combo (same as the old lead 12..just no dist/ OD. Kinda loud "semi-clean") . Havent f*cked with the MP3 jack yet.

Cant wait to get home & tool around w it some more. At my Mother inlaws place ATM. Sposed to head back home tomorrow. Hope the roads are OK @ home. They're saying west ky got a good amount of snow. Im having to drive a Uhaul truck back, so that oughtta be fun.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero

View Post

I got one for xmas too and am in love, in fact right now im using it for my mp3 player and it sounds great.

Plus its got a lot more bass response than i thought it would and can actually do metal without a boost or at least Sabbath levels of gain metal.

I was really suprised at the bass response it has. It's got a pretty good "kick" to it. It worked my MC90's pretty hard. If I ever go with a small cab for it, I might try a 1x12 or a 2x10 set up with it.

• Members

Yeah. Played thru it some more when I got back in town last night. Plugged into it, then out of it's headphone jack & into the front end of my Randall RG100ES. Had to roll the MT's tone knob back a bit, but it sounds DAMN good ran that way. With it ran into the Randall, the Randall's reverb, presence, & EQ section make the MT "come alive". Was using my tall 4x12 with the MC90 Black Shadows. Sounded OK with my Emi loaded cab, but the MC90's are a bit more "neutral", so they seemed to work better. Sounded more "open".

I set the volume on the MT about 12:00, the tone knob @ about 10:00, and the gain wide open.

On the Randall, I had the reverb @ 10:00, the presence @ 12:00, bass wide open, mids @1:00, and the treble turned wide open. had the clean chanel volume & gain set low (around 9:00 for low volume bedroom playing) .

Archived