**REVERB Comparison** - EQD Dispatch Master vs TC Electronics Trinity Reverb

KCTigerChief

• Members

I did this for someone else actually, but I figured it was worth a post here.

My thoughts? The EQD sounds very warm, and "studio" quality...I love the reverb on this thing. The Trinity also sounds good but is way more extreme. While I had the EQD reverb settings maxed out the Depth knob on the Trinity was at 1:00 and it was almost too much. It sustains for a good 20 seconds if you max the depth...Which is too much for any kind of riff in my opinion.

The settings are pretty damn extreme, but I did that on purpose so the differences would come through.

There is no delay on in the "rhythm" parts. There is my Diamond Quantum Leap analog delay on the swells, as well as the reverb for that section.

Section 1 - (0:00 - 1:04) EQD Dispatch Master
Section 2 - (1:04 - 2:08) TC Electronics Trinity

There is a sour note in there, but who cares. I did one take for each section fuck it smile.gif

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/1513...3-verbcomp.mp3

• Members

I agree totally. So much so that there's a good chance I'll return the Trinity after hearing this recorded. They have a 60 day return policy. We'll see!

Thanks for listening dudes.

Sas - the EQD blew me away when I listened to it back. I mean it sounds awesome live, but this recording sounds like a studio reverb almost. Pretty impressive.

• Members

fwiw, just listened.

duder, nice. Sounds like you're dancin with the post rock fairies. badass.

The TC actually didn't sounds bad, even though I'm fuckin done with them as a company. My DM and my Skrecho PWN every TC uinit except for the 2290. frown.gif Which just makes me sad since that pos was so fuckni expensive and I dropped another $500 into, and it'
s still fuckin brokem

Archived