Collapse
No announcement yet.

**REVERB Comparison** - EQD Dispatch Master vs TC Electronics Trinity Reverb

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **REVERB Comparison** - EQD Dispatch Master vs TC Electronics Trinity Reverb

I did this for someone else actually, but I figured it was worth a post here.

My thoughts? The EQD sounds very warm, and "studio" quality...I love the reverb on this thing. The Trinity also sounds good but is way more extreme. While I had the EQD reverb settings maxed out the Depth knob on the Trinity was at 10 and it was almost too much. It sustains for a good 20 seconds if you max the depth...Which is too much for any kind of riff in my opinion.

The settings are pretty damn extreme, but I did that on purpose so the differences would come through.

There is no delay on in the "rhythm" parts. There is my Diamond Quantum Leap analog delay on the swells, as well as the reverb for that section.

Section 1 - (00 - 14) EQD Dispatch Master

Section 2 - (14 - 28) TC Electronics Trinity

There is a sour note in there, but who cares. I did one take for each section **************** it

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/1513...3-verbcomp.mp3
    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Nice! I must admit that I liked the DM better, but they both sound great.

Comment

Eqd sounds amazing. I am very impressed.
      - Adam

Comment

I agree totally. So much so that there's a good chance I'll return the Trinity after hearing this recorded. They have a 60 day return policy. We'll see!

Thanks for listening dudes.

Sas - the EQD blew me away when I listened to it back. I mean it sounds awesome live, but this recording sounds like a studio reverb almost. Pretty impressive.
        My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
        Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

The EQD sounds awesome man!!! Very Nice TOANZ!!!! I enjoyed it!!
          Crook Custom Telecaster - Blue Sparkle Paisley
          Fender American Telecaster - 3-Tone Burst
          Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Trident Stage I
          Mesa/Boogie 2-12 Recto Cab
          Peavey Bandit
          Peavey Special 112
          Xotic, Fulltone, Ibanez Effects
          TC Electronic iB Modified G-System

Originally Posted by charveldan

Drunk guy through a PV, that's Rock-n-Roll.

Good transactions: Whirlwind, Geese_com, Ultron, Soundgardener75, Caustic69, EJ, Mercutioburns

ā€ˇFounder of the HCAF SS

Comment

Yeah, no contest bro!! Eqd sounds stellar. Trinity sounded good in your other demo but not amazing. The eqd sounds amazing.

Comment

Toneprint pedals sound ****************ty

EQD pedals sound awesome.

I thought this was common knowledge amongst those with decent ears.

I just drank a bungh or gin really quickly/
              BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

fwiw, just listened.

duder, nice. Sounds like you're dancin with the post rock fairies. badass.

The TC actually didn't sounds bad, even though I'm ****************in done with them as a company. My DM and my Skrecho PWN every TC uinit except for the 2290. Which just makes me sad since that pos was so ****************ni expensive and I dropped another $500 into, and it'

s still ****************in brokem
                BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Wow, hands down, DM (warm) > Trinity (kinda brittle comparatively). I really liked the DM and didn't care for the Trinity.
                  The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                    View Post

EQD pedals sound awesome.

I thought this was common knowledge amongst those with decent ears.

I just drank a bungh or gin really quickly/

Lololololol

Comment

The Dispatch Master stomps the Trinity in that. Trinity doesn't sound very good.
                      VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                        View Post

Agreed.
                        - Adam

Comment

I love my dispatch master , it's my favorite delay pedal Ive ever owned , and the awesome reverb is just icing on an already nice cake

Comment

I'm thinking it would be nice if the verb/delay was separately switchable on the EQD
                            Originally Posted by flummox

I dunno, this one sort of grows on you. It's like a cross between Captain Beefheart and eight or nine solid blows to the head with a shovel.

Comment

Working...
                            X