NP(s)D!!! Fuzz and Rodent!

Ovid9

• Members

So, after listening to many glorious clips and waiting far to long, I acquired a Fuzz Face clone and a RAT clone. Both were made by our very own SteveIJobzz and now they are mine! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Initial impressions were just using my cheapy Peavey Raptor with some no name dual rail pickup in the bridge into my Yamaha THR5. I figure if it sounds good through those...its gonna sound awesome into my big amps! biggrin.gif

Silicon Fuzz Face: Ran this into the "crunch" channel of the THR5. Master cranked, Gain 1:00, Tone 1:00. Fuzz ~noon, Volume almost cranked. Damn, some nice full low end, lovely fuzziness on both chords and single notes. Definitely different than a Muff, but equally glorious in its own way! Can't wait to fool around with this bad boy more!

RAT: Ran it both stand alone into the clean channel and into the crunch channel on above settings. Damn, just a great raspy angry distortion sound. I love it! More fiddling around to be done but it was great into the slight breakup of the crunch channel giving it more balls and sounded awesome by itself into the clean. Sort of a grab you by the balls while throat punching you sort of awesome.

I am a happy happy pedal whore! Thanks again Erik!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Rats are pretty much THE most versatile Disto ever. Although they are not for everyone, it's really hard to make them sound {censored}ty.

That's what I noticed too. I found some tones I didn't like as well as others, but nothing that made me go "oh god, no, that setting won't work." I'm loving it. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx View Post
Oh, with the Rat, your guitar volume works amazeballs.
That's good in a way. Gives me a good reason to actually utilize it some.... icon_lol.gif

I'm pretty sure the FF will be happily manipulated by it as well. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by iff View Post
Sounds good! Love my Monsterpiece Si FF.

I'd like to try boosting a Muff with a RAT at some point for this sort of effect. He turns it on around 0:35.

Oh hell yes. That sounds like the voice of an angry god. love.gif

I have boosted my Muff with an EQD Monarch OD and yeah...it sounds pretty damn awesome.

I have so many tones and so little talent. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Murry Christmas everyone!

Been messing around with the fuzz face more this morning. It cleans up superbly with the guitar volume knob! Its pretty amazing really. Roll the volume way back and you're pretty much getting just the amp with maybe a SLIGHT tinge of fuzz on some notes. Slam that volume up and FUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY goodness.

I hope we get back from wifey's family early enough today that I get a chance to go crank this in the basement. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx View Post
Did you get a Chinese made Rat or a MIA one?

Just curious since everyone seems to make a fuss about it.
I got a Made in Wisconsin one. icon_lol.gif I don't know what kit SteveIJobzz built it from, or if he just sourced parts separately and followed a schematic. idn_smilie.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SteveiJobzz View Post
Glad you like themthumb.gif

I LOVED the RAT into my plexi on the normal channel with a cleaner sound. Super dynamic.

Merry Christmas!
I do sir! Its been fun figuring out the types of tones I like for myself, whether from pedals or amps. biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Archived