Genz Benz Gflex with Marshall JMP?

FearTheVoices

• Members

I ran an ADA MP-1 and VHT 2:50:2 w/ EL34's and later KT-77's with that cab. I thought it was {censored}ing awesome!! I changed the speakers to G12T-75's too. I thought it sounded kickass playing live...recorded tones didnt sound too great though. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Smedley View Post
I had one.

I third theantihero's comments. I sold it off and replaced with an avatar 2x12 open backed cab and never looked back.
Dont get me wrong i love the cab for my band because its awesomeness with high gain vastly outweighs its weakness with midgain stuff which i rarely use, but i would never use the cab if i was only to play midgain stuff.

• Members

I love my 2, they sound AMAZING for a modern tone.

I was really falling outta love with my Laney VH100R's tone (esp with DiMarzio Evolution p-ups) and when I scored my El D 100 head I got 2 G Flex cabs for $300 each with shipping, using one of those GFlex cabs really renewed my love of the VH100R. That and I stopped using my 7 string with the Evo 7 in the bridge through my VH100R!

Even with that shrill pickup played through the Laney through the GFlex, great tones are to be heard!

Maybe that is why I had success with my El Ds and others didn't?

Derek

Archived