Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genz Benz Gflex with Marshall JMP?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Genz Benz Gflex with Marshall JMP?

    Seeing the other genz Benz thread sparked my interest again in a Gflex 2x12 cab. Any of you guys tried on with a JMP/JCM800?? Yay? Nay?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Guitars:</b> </font></font><br />
    2012 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute Goldtop<br />
    2011 Ibanez RG3550MZ Galaxy Black<br />
    <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Amps:</b> </font></font><br />
    Marshall 78' JMP MKII 2204<br />
    Peavey XXX 4x12 Slant<br />
    <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Effects:</b> </font></font><br />
    Fulltone OCD<br />
    MXR Chorus 3 Knob<br />
    DOD Phasor 401 <br />
    MXR Carbon Copy <br />
    Barber Tone Press<br />
    Korg PitchBlack Tuner<br />
    ToneBone Bigshot ABY/EFX<br />
    MKS Pedal Pad II<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/eek.gif" border="0" alt="" title="EEK!" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/mad.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Mad" class="inlineimg" /> <br />
    <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cool.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/love.gif" border="0" alt="" title="love" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cry.gif" border="0" alt="" title="cry" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/freak.gif" border="0" alt="" title="freak" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /></div>

  • #2
    Not precisely that combination...but I've gotten close.



    The gflex is a bit too scooped. Tries to make it sound modern...where it really doesn't want to.





    Maybe you'll dig it...I didn't.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font face="Arial"><font size="2"><i><b><b>Gibson</b> Ibanez <b><font size="3">Diezel</font></b> / Fender / <b>Dan Hall</b></b></i></font></font></div><br />
    <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Sixtonoize</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=34752397#post34752397" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">This.<br />
    <br />
    I couldn't have said it better.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>K-Bizzle</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=44520783#post44520783" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">Yeah I'm with Abstract here...</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Bob Savage</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=36015624#post36015624" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I like your style, and attention to reason.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TornadoOfSouls</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=37226088#post37226088" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>justcrash</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=44580130#post44580130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">Winner winner, chicken dinner! <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" /></div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <i>Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...</i></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      I used one with a TSL 100 and it rocked.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>DrakkarTyrannis</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=46689515#post46689515" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message"> I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>LuckisforLosers</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=47218829#post47218829" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message">Don't sound like Korn.</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> </div>

      Comment


      • #4
        Im not a major fan of the cab with mid gain tones. Its great with anything heavy and the cleans are decent if a bit boomy.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.lastchanceisrock.com" target="_blank">www.lastchanceisrock.com</a><br />
        <br />
        <br />
        Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available <br />
        here&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2" target="_blank">http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2</a><br />
        <br />
        And also on iTunes and Napster<br />
        <br />
        <font color="red"><br />
        Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped<br />
        </font><br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <b>Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC<img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" />, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor</b><br />
        <br />
        <font color="Blue">Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)</font></div>

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero
          View Post

          Im not a major fan of the cab with mid gain tones. Its great with anything heavy and the cleans are decent if a bit boomy.




          Bingo.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="center"><font face="Arial"><font size="2"><i><b><b>Gibson</b> Ibanez <b><font size="3">Diezel</font></b> / Fender / <b>Dan Hall</b></b></i></font></font></div><br />
          <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Sixtonoize</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=34752397#post34752397" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">This.<br />
          <br />
          I couldn't have said it better.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>K-Bizzle</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=44520783#post44520783" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Yeah I'm with Abstract here...</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Bob Savage</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=36015624#post36015624" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">I like your style, and attention to reason.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TornadoOfSouls</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=37226088#post37226088" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Just don't buy it from Dewy / Musicians Friend.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>justcrash</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=44580130#post44580130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Winner winner, chicken dinner! <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" /></div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <i>Great deals with: MHenson, Honkridge, Ledvedder, Rik-Guitarstudi, ***1776***, shane159, chriscnb, LA-Ü-RA, LoopQuantum, exafro, Silvervox325, EdgeOfDarkness, Ricky Bobby, Valtiel, Fretless, 100 watt...</i></div>

          Comment


          • #6
            Paging Misle . . . .



            He's got a couple G-flex cabs he can run. I think he has Swang Thangs in one of them. Sounds badass
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkblue">Jet City Earhart<br>Jet City JCA100H -&gt; Avatar 2x12 -&gt; Celestion Lynchbacks</font><br><br>PRS SE 245<br><br>Sterling AX40<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2967536-Soldano-cab-Eminence-speakers-PRS-SE">FOR SALE</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=41556431&amp;postcount=173&quot;">B uy/sell/trade references</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/seventhdaykc">My primary band page (Seventh Day)</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/adamevolving">My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)</a><br><br><br><br>Proud member of the <font color="darkblue"><b><font size="3">Jet Setters</font><font size="3"> (Jet City Lounge)</font></b></font></div>

            Comment


            • #7
              I had one.



              I third theantihero's comments. I sold it off and replaced with an avatar 2x12 open backed cab and never looked back.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Good Trades with: JS90lx</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                I ran an ADA MP-1 and VHT 2:50:2 w/ EL34's and later KT-77's with that cab. I thought it was ****************ing awesome!! I changed the speakers to G12T-75's too. I thought it sounded kickass playing live...recorded tones didnt sound too great though.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><u><b>Amp:</b></u><br />
                Laney AOR 50<br />
                Emperor 4x12</font><br />
                <a href="http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&amp;value=Keebz" target="_blank">Clips</a><br />
                <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=40893789&amp;postcount=168" target="_blank">Buyer/Seller References</a></div>

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by Smedley
                  View Post

                  I had one.



                  I third theantihero's comments. I sold it off and replaced with an avatar 2x12 open backed cab and never looked back.




                  Dont get me wrong i love the cab for my band because its awesomeness with high gain vastly outweighs its weakness with midgain stuff which i rarely use, but i would never use the cab if i was only to play midgain stuff.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.lastchanceisrock.com" target="_blank">www.lastchanceisrock.com</a><br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available <br />
                  here&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2" target="_blank">http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2</a><br />
                  <br />
                  And also on iTunes and Napster<br />
                  <br />
                  <font color="red"><br />
                  Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped<br />
                  </font><br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <b>Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC<img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" />, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor</b><br />
                  <br />
                  <font color="Blue">Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)</font></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh yeah, i forgot mention that I played High gain metal with mine.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><u><b>Amp:</b></u><br />
                    Laney AOR 50<br />
                    Emperor 4x12</font><br />
                    <a href="http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&amp;value=Keebz" target="_blank">Clips</a><br />
                    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=40893789&amp;postcount=168" target="_blank">Buyer/Seller References</a></div>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love my 2, they sound AMAZING for a modern tone.



                      I was really falling outta love with my Laney VH100R's tone (esp with DiMarzio Evolution p-ups) and when I scored my El D 100 head I got 2 G Flex cabs for $300 each with shipping, using one of those GFlex cabs really renewed my love of the VH100R. That and I stopped using my 7 string with the Evo 7 in the bridge through my VH100R!



                      Even with that shrill pickup played through the Laney through the GFlex, great tones are to be heard!



                      Maybe that is why I had success with my El Ds and others didn't?



                      Derek

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X