Laney... I Can't Seem to Find a Way to Get a #%$# Footswitch for the VH100R!!

rushtallica

• Members

I got a really good deal on a VH100R around a year or so ago, but it didn't come with a footswitch. I didn't think too much of it at the time, assuming I'd just buy one from a dealer or on ebay later.

I kind of blew it off for a long time. Now I'm looking for one and having a difficult time, and I've read that Laney won't even sell them without buying an entire new amp. I also read the FS's are of weak quality to boot. WTF? Maybe they're only intended to be studio amps. idn_smilie.gif I'd considered a Voodooman version of the pedal in the past but read a thread a long time ago warning to avoid it.

Anyway, it'd be cool to find a way to get something together, but after scouring the web I'm not sure that'll happen -- or at least not anytime soon. So, unless I'm wrong, I'm probably going to off it and stay away from that company in the future. redface.gif Anyone have any idea how to replace it or maybe have similar gear stories?

• Members

{censored} Voodooman in his scamming {censored}ing ass. I know some people have had good luck with him, but he ripped me off. Never saw the {censored}ing pedal, never got my money back, never got a reply nothing.

Since I love old Peavey amps, those usually have impossible to find footswitches. Nice I have a VTM now so I don't have to worry about it. icon_lol.gif

Here is another dude making VH100r footswitches. Don't know anything about them though. idn_smilie.gif

Edit: Took link out because its still the scammer dude. mad.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
{censored} Voodooman in his scamming {censored}ing ass. I know some people have had good luck with him, but he ripped me off. Never saw the {censored}ing pedal, never got my money back, never got a reply nothing.

Since I love old Peavey amps, those usually have impossible to find footswitches. Nice I have a VTM now so I don't have to worry about it. icon_lol.gif

Here is another dude making VH100r footswitches. Don't know anything about them though. idn_smilie.gif

http://blacklabelswitches.com/compon...id,1/vmcchk,1/
Damn, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. That's the type of thing it seems I heard happened to a number of people. That really sucks. I'm glad you dig your VTM, though. cool.gif I've always wanted one but was completely broke when one was for sale in a pawn locally for very cheap.

Oh, and thanks for that link! I'll check into it! Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

Damn, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. That's the type of thing it seems I heard happened to a number of people. That really sucks. I'm glad you dig your VTM, though. cool.gif I've always wanted one but was completely broke when one was for sale in a pawn locally for very cheap.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica View Post

Eh, partially my own fault. Thankfully I was just out like $50 or something.

Yeah, I don't know ANYTHING about that company, and I don't see what his lead time is posted anywhere, but at least he has a full name and contact info on his site. More than you can find some places. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Careful. Black Label IS Voodoo Man. Just a different name because his name is so toasted.

You should contact this guy:

http://www.switchdoctorswitches.com/

He's a local guy here in CA and he's done a lot of work for me over the years, great dude to deal with.

• Members
Eh, partially my own fault. Thankfully I was just out like $50 or something.

Yeah, I don't know ANYTHING about that company, and I don't see what his lead time is posted anywhere, but at least he has a full name and contact info on his site. More than you can find some places. icon_lol.gif
I'm glad it wasn't for more, but I know sometimes $50 can be a lot, especially if you have to put down even that much more to find another one! Hopefully if I try through this site it'll work out well, and it's a good price IMO. I appreciate the warnings of those who've experienced bad things with a vendor as well as posts about the good deals. cool.gif

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic View Post
I never used all 4 switches so actually just used a marshall switch with two buttons and soldered up the right switching config on a midi jack
then I used the g-major to switch it
Thanks for the reply. cool.gif I've wired up an XLR jack for an old Vox 2-button FS to work with my previous older Carvin X100B's, just working 2 of 3 functions, but have never tried to wire up a midi jack and don't have an fx processor, though I've always liked the tones I've heard from the G-Majors. Maybe I can look into which of the midi lugs do what, though I also understand the orginal pedal is somehow powered from the amp, which has caused me to wonder if I might not be able to figure out how to rewire another FS.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
Careful. Black Label IS Voodoo Man. Just a different name because his name is so toasted.

He's a local guy here in CA and he's done a lot of work for me over the years, great dude to deal with.
Mother{censored}er it IS the same dude!!! Has a Washington address in the black label one. Good eye Billy.

I had forgotten about switchdoctor. thumb.gif

• Members

Whoah! It's like when Amway put out another name to get away from its own reputation! biggrin.gif Thanks, and now we can all know! cool.gif

I have seen a Switchdoctor footswitch has sold a couple days ago and another a month ago on his ebay listings, though nothing's available at the moment. If I can't figure out how to rewire something else I may already have to work a couple functions (mainly just going from clean to lead), I'm thinking that going through that vendor may be the best bet. Thanks for posting it!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica View Post
Whoah! It's like when Amway put out another name to get away from its own reputation! biggrin.gif Thanks, and now we can all know! cool.gif

I have seen a Switchdoctor footswitch has sold a couple days ago and another a month ago on his ebay listings, though nothing's available at the moment. If I can't figure out how to rewire something else I may already have to work a couple functions (mainly just going from clean to lead), I'm thinking that going through that vendor may be the best bet. Thanks for posting it!
You can buy directly from his website

http://switchdoctorswitches.com/inde...category_id=22

Or actually, PM me your email address. I think I can hook you up with something.

• Members

I sure wouldn't want to say anything bad about Voodooman Switches, since mine finally arrived within days of having had to actually contact the friggin' Washington State Attorney General to get him to ship. All that time spent putting paperwork through the Better Business Bureau and stuff, why, that was just peachy. Plus, on mine, the led's light up when you're on a clean channel, which is kind of counter-intuitive. Sure, it works,, but it's like having the hot water faucet on the right side of the sink-the whole rest of the world works the other way, so it's minor consolation that you still have hot water. No, don't write off Voodooman Switches, he sure gave me a good two months' worth of aggravation on top of a lame product. Peavey sells a whole slew of different footswitches, and has excellent customer service. Mojotone too maybe?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by timrocker

View Post

I sure wouldn't want to say anything bad about Voodooman Switches, since mine finally arrived within days of having had to actually contact the friggin' Washington State Attorney General to get him to ship. All that time spent putting paperwork through the Better Business Bureau and stuff, why, that was just peachy. Plus, on mine, the led's light up when you're on a clean channel, which is kind of counter-intuitive. Sure, it works,, but it's like having the hot water faucet on the right side of the sink-the whole rest of the world works the other way, so it's minor consolation that you still have hot water. No, don't write off Voodooman Switches, he sure gave me a good two months' worth of aggravation on top of a lame product. Peavey sells a whole slew of different footswitches, and has excellent customer service. Mojotone too maybe?

You sir are a better man than me because you fought for your product. Glad it did finally get to you. thumb.gif

• Members

ahh another 'stand up man class act etc etc' type

Thanks for the reply. cool.gif I've wired up an XLR jack for an old Vox 2-button FS to work with my previous older Carvin X100B's, just working 2 of 3 functions, but have never tried to wire up a midi jack and don't have an fx processor, though I've always liked the tones I've heard from the G-Majors. Maybe I can look into which of the midi lugs do what, though I also understand the orginal pedal is somehow powered from the amp, which has caused me to wonder if I might not be able to figure out how to rewire another FS.
http://training.tcelectronic.tc/File...ney_GMajor.pdf

here is a pdf off the g-major site with the wiring...this will also work for a 2 way f/s
I switched the reverb on mine so the pin would be a different one for that...it depends on what you want to switch!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by timrocker View Post
Damn, sorry to hear that but glad you at least got it after all that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic View Post
http://training.tcelectronic.tc/File...ney_GMajor.pdf

here is a pdf off the g-major site with the wiring...this will also work for a 2 way f/s
I switched the reverb on mine so the pin would be a different one for that...it depends on what you want to switch!
Thanks! cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

It's easy enough to make. The amp schematic has the details. Should be easy enough to find. If you can't find it I'll send you a copy.

Years ago I had found the schematic, but yeah, its not too difficult. I did find the foot switch for mine and promptly lost it again. But they had problems switching on their own and stuff. Not the most reliable switching setup.

• Members
You sir are a better man than me because you fought for your product. Glad it did finally get to you. thumb.gif
www.atg.wa.gov click on consumer complaint, fill out the form, and you might just get your footswitch as fast as UPS can bring it. It sure worked for me, after two months of prodding him with emails and phone calls, writing down false tracking numbers etc. Voodooman actually gave me false tracking numbers. Twice.

Hope this helps.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by timrocker View Post
www.atg.wa.gov click on consumer complaint, fill out the form, and you might just get your footswitch as fast as UPS can bring it. It sure worked for me, after two months of prodding him with emails and phone calls, writing down false tracking numbers etc. Voodooman actually gave me false tracking numbers. Twice.

Hope this helps.
Eh, this was last year and I don't even have the amp anymore. Thanks though. If I ever get screwed by an internet scam artist again, I'll fight for it.

And honestly, I don't know if he intends to be a scammer, but when you set up a website (or two) listing a bazillion different footswitches you make and indicating that you have some in stock (I notice he doesn't do that anymore...) when in fact all it means is you have the PARTS TO BUILD ONE in stock...well, I'm pretty sure you get buried in orders get behind, have shoddy prioritizing, order fulfillment, etc. get way behind and can't keep up, orders fall through the cracks, waahhhhhhh. Well, at that point intentions or not, a scammer you've become.

• Members

I assume you've checked ebay, right? I found two footswitches on there both for only like $40 or something. Ended up selling one with one of the VH100R's. Still have the other, though I really don't switch channels on that amp ever. As everyone has said though, there are other people who can make them pretty easily I guess.

If you get an original footswitch, so far mine is fine. It's been carted around and really hammered being loaded and stuff, but I never really switch channels, so I haven't stomped on it a ton. Still works awesome though.

Archived