Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Your own mortality and when it's acceptable to be comfortable with it

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Speaking from personal experience, once you have a near-death experience, your opinion will likely change. Some people are comforted by it, but **************** man. It's scary to (almost) die.
    Originally Posted by Jesse G


    EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

    Comment


    • #32






      Quote Originally Posted by zehn
      View Post

      Speaking from personal experience, once you have a near-death experience, your opinion will likely change. Some people are comforted by it, but **************** man. It's scary to (almost) die.




      Been there TOO many times and I disagree.



      At age 2 I was almost taken by an intestinal disease. Age 5, opened the door and fell out of a car. Age 12 the ocean almost took me when a storm came in and the undertow was too much to get back to shore... a day after that I dodged a NY taxi by inches as my dad pulled me out out of the way. OD'd a couple times in my teen years. (long story) pretty much a drop away from bleeding out at age 29. Got totally ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at age 31, all 4 tires of a 3800 lb. vehicle right over the top of me.



      This is why I accept that my days are numbered and I'm not scared. I just need to get my babies raised before I go.

      Comment


      • #33






        Quote Originally Posted by zehn
        View Post

        Speaking from personal experience, once you have a near-death experience, your opinion will likely change. Some people are comforted by it, but **************** man. It's scary to (almost) die.




        Been there TOO many times and I disagree.



        At age 2 I was almost taken by an intestinal disease. Age 5, opened the door and fell out of a car. Age 12 the ocean almost took me when a storm came in and the undertow was too much to get back to shore... a day after that I dodged a NY taxi by inches as my dad pulled me out out of the way. OD'd a couple times in my teen years. (long story) pretty much a drop away from bleeding out at age 29. Got totally ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at age 31, all 4 tires of a 3800 lb. vehicle right over the top of me.



        This is why I accept that my days are numbered and I'm not scared. I just need to get my babies raised before I go.

        Comment


        • #34






          Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte
          View Post

          Been there TOO many times and I disagree.



          At age 2 I was almost taken by an intestinal disease. Age 5, opened the door and fell out of a car. Age 12 the ocean almost took me when a storm came in and the undertow was too much to get back to shore... a day after that I dodged a NY taxi by inches as my dad pulled me out out of the way. OD'd a couple times in my teen years. (long story) pretty much a drop away from bleeding out at age 29. Got totally ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at age 31, all 4 tires of a 3800 lb. vehicle right over the top of me.



          This is why I accept that my days are numbered and I'm not scared. I just need to get my babies raised before I go.




          That's why I said different people have different reactions. I suffered a massive stroke when I was 20. The experience itself was very scary, though today my view on it is much like yours.



          I've come to terms with the fact that life is fleeting and can end any time, any place. It's definitely made me much more thankful for the days I have left on earth with my family and friends.
          Originally Posted by Jesse G


          EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

          Comment


          • #35






            Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte
            View Post

            Been there TOO many times and I disagree.



            At age 2 I was almost taken by an intestinal disease. Age 5, opened the door and fell out of a car. Age 12 the ocean almost took me when a storm came in and the undertow was too much to get back to shore... a day after that I dodged a NY taxi by inches as my dad pulled me out out of the way. OD'd a couple times in my teen years. (long story) pretty much a drop away from bleeding out at age 29. Got totally ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at age 31, all 4 tires of a 3800 lb. vehicle right over the top of me.



            This is why I accept that my days are numbered and I'm not scared. I just need to get my babies raised before I go.




            That's why I said different people have different reactions. I suffered a massive stroke when I was 20. The experience itself was very scary, though today my view on it is much like yours.



            I've come to terms with the fact that life is fleeting and can end any time, any place. It's definitely made me much more thankful for the days I have left on earth with my family and friends.
            Originally Posted by Jesse G


            EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

            Comment


            • #36
              Live life like you're gonna die, because you're gonna. I've done more than most people will ever even dream of doing.



              I want to die ****************ing.
              http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
              http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

              Comment


              • #37
                Live life like you're gonna die, because you're gonna. I've done more than most people will ever even dream of doing.



                I want to die ****************ing.
                http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
                http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

                Comment


                • #38






                  Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein
                  View Post

                  I want to die ****************ing.




                  The poetry of coming and simultaneously going has always appealed to me.



                  But not my wife.



                  The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

                  Comment


                  • #39






                    Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein
                    View Post

                    I want to die ****************ing.




                    The poetry of coming and simultaneously going has always appealed to me.



                    But not my wife.



                    The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

                    Comment


                    • #40






                      Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte
                      View Post

                      Been there TOO many times and I disagree.



                      At age 2 I was almost taken by an intestinal disease. Age 5, opened the door and fell out of a car. Age 12 the ocean almost took me when a storm came in and the undertow was too much to get back to shore... a day after that I dodged a NY taxi by inches as my dad pulled me out out of the way. OD'd a couple times in my teen years. (long story) pretty much a drop away from bleeding out at age 29. Got totally ran over by a Jeep Cherokee at age 31, all 4 tires of a 3800 lb. vehicle right over the top of me.



                      This is why I accept that my days are numbered and I'm not scared. I just need to get my babies raised before I go.




                      Dude, you should play the lottery cause good luck has got to be all you have left. You done used up all the bad luck.



                      I can't go yet, I've got people that need me.

                      Comment


                      • #41






                        Quote Originally Posted by drewl
                        View Post

                        Dude, you should play the lottery cause good luck has got to be all you have left. You done used up all the bad luck.



                        I can't go yet, I've got people that need me.




                        I do play the lottery never win a dime.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I find the fact that life is only temporary strangely ambivalent; On the one hand, the fact that life is finite is a scary and sometimes sad thought, the fact that one day there will be nothing but eternal oblivion. However, the fact that time is short is what drives us, what makes us truly alive.



                          For that reason I don't find the promise of 'eternal life' made by Abrahamic religions not in the least attractive
                          If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'm not cool with it at all lol....

                            I'm sure there is alot of things I won't miss....but I've done alot and I want to keep doing more

                            I guess I am more pissed that I still want to be 26 but I'm 35



                            I'm pretty lucky anyway....I'm in great health , have seen most of the bands I've wanted to see/met most of my idols, travelled to 53 countries , banged alot of hot women from all over the world (never enough tho...) , good finances,great career, own all the gear I want (can't take that with me tho)



                            big thing is deciding whether to go down the wife/kids route in the future ...right now I'm kinda putting focus on getting as much depravity out of my system for the next two years before I slow down ....

                            but yeah ...it saddens me there are somethings I will never get a chance to do just with time etc etc...but when I look around I realise how fortunate I really am
                            Member of the Super Awesome Les Paul VM Owners Club!
                            Dann's the Man Gmajor thread
                            Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt1
                            Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt2
                            Problems with Gmajors wheels? click here!

                            er of the -fx and the JVM

                            Comment


                            • #44






                              Quote Originally Posted by isvoid
                              View Post

                              The poetry of coming and simultaneously going has always appealed to me.



                              But not my wife.







                              My old lady would probably use it as bragging rights about her ******************** when she was trying to pick up a new fella. THIS **************** IS SO GOOD IT MIGHT KILL YA!
                              http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
                              http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                i'm good with it.



                                there have been a few times in my life when i should have died but didn't.



                                i'd like to be around to see how my kids turn out...but it's not like i have a lot of control in the matter.
                                got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                                here

                                my website

                                TITAN AMPS on myspace


                                My band:Last Comes Gunfire

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X