Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp
    View Post

Yes...but what do you NEED that for?

Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

I understand where youre coming from. Ive seen that **************** all over the place, too. I cant speak for NH on it, because Ive never spoken to him about his feelings on guns, but hes stated some things here. Personally, I dont give a ****************. Let people own what they want. ****************, Ive shot AR15s with these butts that bounce back and sort of make the gun full auto, but not really haha. That **************** is WAY too much fun for me to be anti-gun lol...especially since I intend to buy a few high powered rifles with 20 rd mags at some point in the future. My best friends GF thinks its weird for people to own guns, and her and I and him have had arguments about it.

I agree that the anti-gun arguments are circular and go nowhere. There will be no point in making anti-gun laws because people who are going to commit crimes with guns will find a way to illegally obtain them, regardless of the laws in place.

Im just arguing here because I like Dan quite a bit, and he was getting attacked from all sides for something that wasnt really anything...just people misreading or reading too much into what he asked. I understand WHY people are doing that based on everything thats been happening, but I didnt feel like he was doing that, and I didnt think he deserved some of the words that some people were throwing around, so .

My reasoning for wanting some HPRs with multi rd mags is just because its fun. I like to shoot more than load a gun. If I could buy a 50 rd mag, Id get one just because its fun . I have no need for that ****************.

Also, the chick in those pics is SUPER ****************ing cute....goddamn!!

Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar
      View Post

"Loaded terms like 'need'..." And there goes any chance of your being reasonable. You just don't get it.

But that's OK, you live in Canadia anyway...

actually, no i don't-- i live in maryland. but whatever, lar- best o' luck with your shooting, and your interpersonal skills.

and steve- i think folks like mesa and raf have a window into my motivations you might not. we've actually exchanged words like rational humans.. you, i can't say that about.

jesus gents, it's just like ****************ing congress in here. freakin don quixote windmill attack..

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by newholland
        View Post

actually, no i don't-- i live in maryland. but whatever, lar- best o' luck with your shooting, and your interpersonal skills.

and steve- i think folks like mesa and raf have a window into my motivations you might not. we've actually exchanged words like rational humans.. you, i can't say that about.

jesus gents, it's just like ****************ing congress in here. freakin don quixote windmill attack..

Larry is getting mad in all of the gun threads. If you are pro NRA then you're ok, but if you even ask him a question he blows up with insults and rhetoric. He told me I just don't get it so he was leaving. I asked him a question because I said I didn't get it.

Comment

View Post

Hey...all I can do is read your words on the screen. If there is some secret motivations, I apologize for not knowing them.

I'm also sorry for thinking it was a silly question, full of ulterior motives...from here. I do not see any NEED for people to have a lot of things. But what's it to me? Many gun owners have it as a hobby, just the same as our music. Seems a very simple concept to me.

Happy New Gun Day Abstract!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
            View Post

Larry is getting mad in all of the gun threads. If you are pro NRA then you're ok, but if you even ask him a question he blows up with insults and rhetoric. He told me I just don't get it so he was leaving. I asked him a question because I said I didn't get it.

gotcha. dave, these're weird times, i tell ya.

in the meantime, abstract-- i apologize for the derailment due to trying to make a joke in a time of major political upheaval regarding guns on a guitar forum full of conservative political analysts seeking a throw down.. sheesh-- wasn't intending on making you into any sort of object lesson for christs sake- although i was kinda dishing a mini-plate of poop regarding 'needing' your new rifle- in the same way raf was sayin- but not looking for a battle, 'cause i got no beef with you.

Comment

View Post

sure. thing is, it's not the same. i want explosives because i can use explosives. i want snuff films 'cause i use snuff films. i want LSD because i use LSD. i want a russian sex slave because i use russian sex slaves. der. the existence of things doesn't mean you can have them because want to use them.

Explosives: illegal

Snuff films: illegal

LSD: illegal

Russian sex slave (aka human sex trafficking): illegal

Modding a gun to go full auto: illegal

So no, you can't have that **************** because you want it.
              www.nerolstudio.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st
                View Post

Explosives: illegal

Snuff films: illegal

LSD: illegal

Russian sex slave (aka human sex trafficking): illegal

Modding a gun to go full auto: illegal

So no, you can't have that **************** because you want it.

precisely the point. and if you don't think that the potential for a widespread ban on guns is in the air, you're missing the point for the second time. it's not my decision- but **************** is gonna happen and when asked 'why do you want these things'-- 'i want it 'cause i want it' isn't gonna get anyone traction- it just makes people sound like spoiled children.

therein likes the real

Comment

View Post

precisely the point. and if you don't think that the potential for a widespread ban on guns is in the air, you're missing the point for the second time. it's not my decision- but **************** is gonna happen and when asked 'why do you want these things'-- 'i want it 'cause i want it' isn't gonna get anyone traction- it just makes people sound like spoiled children.

therein likes the real

It's almost as bad as asking people why we shouldn't have these rifles and them saying because we don't need them. Something like that amirite? Not to mention the fact that the majority of them know nothing about these guns except what they've seen on the news which is currently trying to scare the **************** out of people and use buzzwords and confusing **************** that makes it so a noob that knows nothing will still know nothing in the end except that they are bad and scary. Right?
                  GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
                    View Post

Mad? I suppose. But arguing something of vital importance TO ME with seriously uninformed people gets me that way.

Address the alcohol vs. guns point. Address the fact that mag limits and semi-auto restrictions didn't work when we ACTUALLY DID THEM FOR 10 YEARS. Address some substantive points, rather than 'why do you need that' and such, and I'll be a bit more civil. But the grabbers never do, since they can't.

So again-alcohol is going to 'kill' more people this year than guns will. It serves no purpose whatsoever; nobody 'needs' it. Talk just as seriously about banning that, and I'll take you seriously.

Stop going on about how mag limits will somehow make anyone safer when I've stated my mag changes take .09 of a second-address that and I'll take you seriously.

Shoot the **************** with some provocative comments about something that (to me, and many others) is a topic of vital-essential-importance, and you'll get snark back.
                    LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2
                      View Post

It's almost as bad as asking people why we shouldn't have these rifles and them saying because we don't need them. Something like that amirite? Not to mention the fact that the majority of them know nothing about these guns except what they've seen on the news which is currently trying to scare the **************** out of people and use buzzwords and confusing **************** that makes it so a noob that knows nothing will still know nothing in the end except that they are bad and scary. Right?

yep, but the main difference is ASKING why there's a percieved need isn't telling anybody what they can't do- it's parsing out motivation. i've already stated i don't see a need for 'em personally, and i won't apologize for not believing in military weapons for civilians. but i'm certainly not perpetuating any 'myth' that a one second google search doesn't confirm- people buy saigas cause they're easy conversions, and you'd be pretty bummed to do such a thing and crank off the standard 10 clip in 2 seconds.

that's just a reality, and denying it isn't doing anything either.

larry made a good point earlier, saying that tobacco and alcohol fall under the same loose heading. true enough-- they're 'dangerous', and as such, ought to be talked about in the same way-- if it'll kill you or others.. well.. it's worth a conversation at least.

is there a tipping point where irresponsible gun ownership outweighs responsible gun ownership? i hope to not find out. but i also hope i'm not coming across like i'm being the token anti gun liberal, 'cause i'm certainly not trying to. if that's the perception, i'm glad to be the sacrificial lamb to start the conversation-- but i'll say it ain't so, despite having an opinion in the matter.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by newholland
                        View Post

yep, but the main difference is ASKING why there's a percieved need isn't telling anybody what they can't do- it's parsing out motivation. i've already stated i don't see a need for 'em personally, and i won't apologize for not believing in military weapons for civilians. but i'm certainly not perpetuating any 'myth' that a one second google search doesn't confirm- people buy saigas cause they're easy conversions, and you'd be pretty bummed to do such a thing and crank off the standard 10 clip in 2 seconds.

that's just a reality, and denying it isn't doing anything either.

larry made a good point earlier, saying that tobacco and alcohol fall under the same loose heading. true enough-- they're 'dangerous', and as such, ought to be talked about in the same way-- if it'll kill you or others.. well.. it's worth a conversation at least.

is there a tipping point where irresponsible gun ownership outweighs responsible gun ownership? i hope to not find out. but i also hope i'm not coming across like i'm being the token anti gun liberal, 'cause i'm certainly not trying to. if that's the perception, i'm glad to be the sacrificial lamb to start the conversation-- but i'll say it ain't so, despite having an opinion in the matter.

I wasn't referring to you, just people in general that have no more of an argument than "because I said so."
                        GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2
                          View Post

I wasn't referring to you, just people in general that have no more of an argument than "because I said so."

DOH.. sorry man. i WAS wondering-- but i shoulda known better.

Comment

• nobody ****************ING needs a gun (capitals and profanity intentional) 'cause in the grander scheme of human need-- they don't

I own, use and carry guns to protect myself from bear, cougar, moose and other wildlife. How are less guns going to make me safer?

having a 30 cartridge clip seems like an excuse to mod a gun to full auto.

No, just no and for god sakes its a "magazine", its like calling a guitar a banjo when you call it a "clip"

but they're all basically stock guns without big old clips.

Ar-15's "stock" clips are a 30 rounder. The PMR-30 my mother owns for protection is a 30rd 22mag. The "stock" clip on pretty much every single fullsize 9mm is at least 15rds and about 12 for 40s&w models. These are the actual magazines that the gun was designed for.

i'd limit guns to bolt action in the home, 'cause they're safe, impossible to hide, and that's basically what the constitution gave us rights for. that's just me.

Bolt action rifles didnt exist when the constitution was written and having people defend their apartments with their bolt action hunting rifles is a terrible idea. The average 30-06 round would penetrate thru the criminal being shot and go into the next 3 apartments at least, the range of a 30-06 is measured in miles and will continue going until it hits something hard enough to stop it.

but that's why it IS so fascinating. i have plenty of conservative friends, but i'd rather understand them than just get mad at them for what they believe-- because there may be something useful in what they think.

Newholland, you know basically nothing about the subject and this is the crux of the gun issue. Most people who are anti-gun know absolutely nothing about them except whatever TV has spoonfed them and its hard to have a debate with a person that isnt up to speed on the subject. If you want to have a serious discussion about guns, learn much more about them and ill be glad to debate them with you. Chances are once you learn about guns they wont be the scary thing that you previously knew little about.
                            www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                            here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

• None of my (many) guns accept a clip.

Guns are made to kill things. I sincerly hope that they work for that, as that is why I bought them. To kill someone who wishes me harm.

Some guns kill better than others. Those that I own that are lacking in the deadly catagory I use for putting little holes in paper or bottles or other random objects, at distance.

It's time for people to grow up about the gun discussions, on both sides. Yes, guns kill people. Yes, people own guns to kill people. Yes, people own guns to target shoot and to practice marksmenship. Get over it.
                              'Cause I'd rather stay here, with all the madmen, than perish with the sadmen roaming free.

Originally Posted by claytonjohn18

I'M ****************ING SORRY OKAY? YOU CAN HAVE THE FIRST BLOOD OF MY FIRST BORN SON IN A GOBLET LABELED I'M ****************ING SORRY.

Originally Posted by Agreed

I'm a witch out to curse your children

Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

Those are the tone fairies awakening inside, getting ready to shovel tone coal in to the tone boilers.

Musics: http://www.myspace.com/anhbaartshaffer

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by larryguitar
                                View Post

Mad? I suppose. But arguing something of vital importance TO ME with seriously uninformed people gets me that way.

Address the alcohol vs. guns point. Address the fact that mag limits and semi-auto restrictions didn't work when we ACTUALLY DID THEM FOR 10 YEARS. Address some substantive points, rather than 'why do you need that' and such, and I'll be a bit more civil. But the grabbers never do, since they can't.

So again-alcohol is going to 'kill' more people this year than guns will. It serves no purpose whatsoever; nobody 'needs' it. Talk just as seriously about banning that, and I'll take you seriously.

Stop going on about how mag limits will somehow make anyone safer when I've stated my mag changes take .09 of a second-address that and I'll take you seriously.

Shoot the **************** with some provocative comments about something that (to me, and many others) is a topic of vital-essential-importance, and you'll get snark back.

I just asked you questions. I've been amazingly civil with you, and received nothing but insults from you.

I've also not said once that guns should be banned. I'd easily argue that alcohol should be banned and if it was for the greater good then sweet. The number of drunk drivers is getting out of hand as well. Not sure what you're trying to get at with that comment. I'd give up my bourbon and scotch t save some lives, alcohol ain't that important.

If you can change mags so quickly why do you need extended mags for anything but competition? Sounds like mag limits aren't a big deal so fighting to keep high capacity mags makes me believe they carry some advantage.

You're not exactly speaking calmly here, so I don't know why you expect anyone to take your word as fact while not offering even questions in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X