Can anyone tell if this Celestion V30 is fake ??

codecontra

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Everything looks fine, except for the price. freak.gif

If you want a v30, Just buy a WGS Retro 30 or a Hellatone 60 or something. thumb.gif
Yeah, true. I just can't seem to find any 16 ohm Celestions for a reasonable price.

Hmmm, the Hellatone 60 looks intersting. I wonder what model Celestion it is based on.

• Members

Good info here, thanks guys. Glad I posted.

I have a JCM 900 1936 cab (2X12) with the stock G12T-75's. It sounds good, but not quite as bright as I would prefer. I was thinking that swapping out one of the speakers for a V30 would either brighten it up a bit or change the tonality more to my liking. Sort of just taking a shot in the dark here. My JCM 900 1960 (4X12) sounds perfect to my ears and I love it, but need a 2X12 that can fit in my car.

My only concern with the Hellatone 60 is that it is described as warmer and more bass heavy than a V30.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by codecontra View Post
Good info here, thanks guys. Glad I posted.

I have a JCM 900 1936 cab (2X12) with the stock G12T-75's. It sounds good, but not quite as bright as I would prefer. I was thinking that swapping out one of the speakers for a V30 would either brighten it up a bit or change the tonality more to my liking. Sort of just taking a shot in the dark here. My JCM 900 1960 (4X12) sounds perfect to my ears and I love it, but need a 2X12 that can fit in my car.

My only concern with the Hellatone 60 is that it is described as warmer and more bass heavy than a V30.
Probably because it is broken-in. I would assume that most speakers mellow a little with age & use.

Archived