So long juicer! Hello Nutribullet!

JerEvil

• Members

Well, started juicing about 8 months ago and love it but damn son, it's a bit annoying to clean the machine. Haven't done it in about a month. Couldn't sleep a few nights ago Nd saw the Nutribullet infomercial.

I have heard a lot from anti-juicers saying that all the fiber/cellulose etc lost with traditional juicing means you are losing nutrients as well. I never paid that too much attention but I guess it does make some sense.

What really sold me on the Nutribullet is the cleanup!!! Way easier than my juicer. The prep takes about the same amount of time.

My first "Nutribalst" (way ghey I know) was:

1/2 green apple
1 carrot
1/3 whole cucumber
1 stalk celery
2 cups spinach
1/4 lemon

It was tasty but the green apples were not sweet at all. Anyone else using one of these? I know some of you all are juicers.

• Members

been juicing for about three months. I agree that you're probably missing some fibre, but when I look at the mountain of swiss chard, spinach, kale, carrots, celery, apple, pear, tomato that I put into into it, there's no way I'd intake that everyday if it wasn't in juice form. I'm sticking with it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
Been curious about those, and of course those damn infomercials makes you REALLY want to get one.

Green apples have never been sweet bro, I like them as is: sour. icon_lol.gif
I know green apples are the least sweet. I love them. This bag in particular literally has no taste. Usually the greens provide plenty of sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau View Post
been juicing for about three months. I agree that you're probably missing some fibre, but when I look at the mountain of swiss chard, spinach, kale, carrots, celery, apple, pear, tomato that I put into into it, there's no way I'd intake that everyday if it wasn't in juice form. I'm sticking with it.
Keep it up. I'll still use my juicer. The Nutribullet is nice because I can take it to/from work easily

Quote Originally Posted by primeholy View Post
will this work as good as the blendtech and vitamix blenders?
Not sure but it blends REALLY well. I have read on forums it is a formidable sub for the vitamix.

• Members

I've got a Vitamix, but not for fruit and vegetable juice.. Back when I was real sick with am unknown disease at the time I ate and drank a raw and living food diet. I used the vitamix for juicing seeds, wheat grass, etc. for stuff like that it's great.., it breaks it down to the cellular level and let's face it, there ain't much juice in seeds! Lol. So the power of the vitamix is great. and if you do use the vitamix or another blender for your fruit and vegetable juice/smoothie, you still get all that fiber, but that also slows down the absorption of all the nutrients that juicing can give

But for vegetables and fruits a high quality juicer.. Sometimes giving the colon a break and just absorbing all the nutrients in a highly condensed form is better, because without the fiber the body will absorb all those nutrients at a much better rate..

Basically use both..

And I haven't tried or know anything about the nutribullet..lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Ok seriously someone explain to me juicing and it's benefits.

hippies that believe everything they read on the internet think that drinking juice is better than eating the vegetables and fruit they used to make the juice. Part of some cleansing diet thing. It is good as a supplement to your diet, if you really dont have the stomach capacity or time to eat fruits and vegetables, but some people believe it is some end-all-be-all multivitamin of nutrients. No, not really. And it tastes like asshole. I am a huge fan of making my own orange/kiwi/apple juice when I have a female visitor over in the mornings though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Ok seriously someone explain to me juicing and it's benefits.

It makes your poop like butter. Never have constipation again. Plus if you drink your juice you can eat crappy and still get your veggies.

• Members

I juice 4 carrots, two celery sticks, a lot of kale, spinach and swiss chard, add an apple or two, a pear and a tomato, everyday. I can drink all that in about 30 seconds.
everyday I drink this concoction and it tastes awesome.
I would never have the time, energy, determination or jaw strength to knaw through that everyday.
I'm no hippy, just want to be healthier.
my gilrfriend makes me an all fruit juice in the morning. once again, I can down the drink in seconds, I wouldn't have the time or desire to sit an eat that much fruit.
basically it's a time saver and makes sure I get the good stuff in my body.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau View Post
I juice 4 carrots, two celery sticks, a lot of kale, spinach and swiss chard, add an apple or two, a pear and a tomato, everyday. I can drink all that in about 30 seconds.
everyday I drink this concoction and it tastes awesome.
I would never have the time, energy, determination or jaw strength to knaw through that everyday.
I'm no hippy, just want to be healthier.
my gilrfriend makes me an all fruit juice in the morning. once again, I can down the drink in seconds, I wouldn't have the time or desire to sit an eat that much fruit.
basically it's a time saver and makes sure I get the good stuff in my body.
I do pretty much the same recipe you are using, and do it twice a day. I have lost about 26 pounds overall, and it truly does make you just feel better. I was also on a blood pressure medicine for three years before I started doing the two juice a day routine and I have been off of the meds for almost a year now. As far as the Nutri Bullet, I would like to try one out, b/c like OP says the juicers are a bitch to clean.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by shane159 View Post
I do pretty much the same recipe you are using, and do it twice a day. I have lost about 26 pounds overall, and it truly does make you just feel better. I was also on a blood pressure medicine for three years before I started doing the two juice a day routine and I have been off of the meds for almost a year now. As far as the Nutri Bullet, I would like to try one out, b/c like OP says the juicers are a bitch to clean.
that's amazing, I've heard a lot of people get off meds by juicing.

Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil View Post
One of my favorite juices is:

1 Beet
6 Leaves Kale
3 Carrots
3 Celery
1 Cucumber
6 Leaves Red Chard
1 Green Apple
1/2 lemon
Ginger Root
I'll try that thumb.gif