Beware : Mio Water Enhancers

-Assy-

• Members

No Hover

Seriously a few days ago I got some Mio Blueberry Lemonade. Oh my god so good, I immediately put a few servings into my gallon of water I carry around for the day to drink out of. After doing this for a few days, I noticed extreme reactions in my bowel movements. It was seriously like exploding butt fissures cracking the Earth in two, with horrible abominable eldritch creations spewing from my rectum wreaking havoc on the poor souls of planet earth. I immediately linked it to the Mio, then I read this review on Amazon :

"I really loved the Mio line. Tried most of the flavors, liked most of them. REALLY loved the Blueberry Lemonade. Was great in water, but also in mixed drinks at Happy Hour. Unfortunately, after about 5 months of regular use, I finally noticed a correlation between fits of explosive diarrhea and Mio usage.

I searched online, and I'm not alone. It seems to affect lots of folks this way. Most seem to believe it's due to the Propylene Glycol in it... basically the same stuff that's in anti-freeze. The body can't absorb it, and it's a slick oily-feeling liquid, so it triggers a very negative reaction in most. Since many things in modern diets cause a similar reaction, it might go unnoticed for quite a while.

But when I stopped, the difference was amazing.

so... sorry Mio. So good, but not worth the emergencies."

beware bros

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
No Hover

Seriously a few days ago I got some Mio Blueberry Lemonade. Oh my god so good, I immediately put a few servings into my gallon of water I carry around for the day to drink out of. After doing this for a few days, I noticed extreme reactions in my bowel movements. It was seriously like exploding butt fissures cracking the Earth in two, with horrible abominable eldritch creations spewing from my rectum wreaking havoc on the poor souls of planet earth. I immediately linked it to the Mio, then I read this review on Amazon :

"I really loved the Mio line. Tried most of the flavors, liked most of them. REALLY loved the Blueberry Lemonade. Was great in water, but also in mixed drinks at Happy Hour. Unfortunately, after about 5 months of regular use, I finally noticed a correlation between fits of explosive diarrhea and Mio usage.

I searched online, and I'm not alone. It seems to affect lots of folks this way. Most seem to believe it's due to the Propylene Glycol in it... basically the same stuff that's in anti-freeze. The body can't absorb it, and it's a slick oily-feeling liquid, so it triggers a very negative reaction in most. Since many things in modern diets cause a similar reaction, it might go unnoticed for quite a while.

beware bros
thanks for the info.

BTW, propylene glycol is not the same as anti-freeze which is HIGHLY toxic. Anti-freeze is ethylene glycol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Assy- View Post
No Hover

beware bros
your avatard is so telling now!!!icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

Make a thread about how you can actually {censored} normal.. For once.. Please? I mean you've made it clear Chipotle is somehow the #1 thing that makes your ass explode in some kind of toxic stew.. And that's basically rice, some black beans and let's say grilled chicken with some weak ass "salsa", no matter what the color.. I'll appreciate some chipotle, but if you can't digest those relatively simple ingredients without it being thread worthy, then the problem may be you..

On a serious note, the main active ingredient in Miralax is polyethlyne glycol.. Which is kinda close to Propylene glycol. lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime

View Post

Make a thread about how you can actually shit normal.. For once.. Please? I mean you've made it clear Chipotle is somehow the #1 thing that makes your ass explode in some kind of toxic stew.. And that's basically rice, some black beans and let's say grilled chicken with some weak ass "salsa", no matter what the color.. I'll appreciate some chipotle, but if you can't digest those relatively simple ingredients without it being thread worthy, then the problem may be you..

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge View Post
thanks for the info.

BTW, propylene glycol is not the same as anti-freeze which is HIGHLY toxic. Anti-freeze is ethylene glycol.
He is correct! Propylene glycol is Miralax [for OTC products] or by prescription as GoLytely, HalfLytely, etc. and that is a laxative. This product is used with patients getting colonoscopies as well... Except they get to drink 4 liters of it one day thumb.gif

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Funny about all the guys telling him to eat real food and how terrible things are for him when he's probably one of the most fit, active and understanding of nutrition on this forum icon_lol.gif

Assy is a lot of things, clueless about what he's doing when it comes to nutrition, he is not.
Yup. Assy knows nutrition.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jlb32 View Post
I don't trust any of those energy enhancer products. Never take 5 hour energy, Mio, Red bull, etc....
Mio isn't an energy drink, it's just a water flavorer. Yeah I know that's not an actual word. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I've been using Mio off and on for maybe 6 months now, and never had a problem. Maybe it's just certain people are sensitive to it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

Never been an issue for me as I never drink shit like that. Subtitle: trying to improve the flavor of water, fucking lawlz. redface.gif

I've been moving away from pop and trying to drink more water...for me, adding a little lemon juice for flavor helps a lot with the pop cravings.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by isvoid View Post
Never been an issue for me as I never drink shit like that. Subtitle: trying to improve the flavor of water, fucking lawlz. redface.gif
I once asked my friend's wife (40+ and still drinks kool aid on a daily basis) why she never drinks water. Her response: "It doesn't taste like anything."

facepalm.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Funny about all the guys telling him to eat real food and how terrible things are for him when he's probably one of the most fit, active and understanding of nutrition on this forum icon_lol.gif

Assy is a lot of things, clueless about what he's doing when it comes to nutrition, he is not.
And yet random, seemingly benign things make his ass explode on a semi-regular basis. icon_lol.gif

Assy's intestinal tract is made of silk and tissue paper methinks. cop.gif

Archived