Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Owner's Rights Advocates: This is exactly what we are afraid of...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
    View Post

See, we agree then. Confiscation? No bueno. A list to hold people accountable? Yessir.

If gun registration lead to confiscation I will be right there with you. Seriously.

What I've been fighting for all along is keeping gun ownership above the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know people don't like the idea of the "slippery slope" but if there ever was a reason to invoke that phrase, it is with gun registration. Unlike you, I don't trust that the Government has my best interest at heart. Simple as that.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Great Transactions with: blima, draggboy, Pilot08, Elixirmm, Christobevii3, Sixtonoize (actually his friend)

Comment

View Post

See, we agree then. Confiscation? No bueno. A list to hold people accountable? Yessir.

If gun registration lead to confiscation I will be right there with you. Seriously.

What I've been fighting for all along is keeping gun ownership above the table. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well then I'd be down. What I'm starting to learn though is that with enough public support they will do whatever they want. I think that's why a lot of us are hesitant to give up that first step. First steps lead to second steps. They really want to confiscate but know it will be so bad if they do. States with registration are discussing forced buy backs. This IS confiscation. They just pay you a little for it. The fact that it is even being discussed tells me that someday they will really try to ram it through.
      GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

• Where did gun owners get the idea that they have a right to owning guns with no regulation or oversight of any kind?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2
          View Post

Well then I'd be down. What I'm starting to learn though is that with enough public support they will do whatever they want. I think that's why a lot of us are hesitant to give up that first step. First steps lead to second steps. They really want to confiscate but know it will be so bad if they do. States with registration are discussing forced buy backs. This IS confiscation. They just pay you a little for it. The fact that it is even being discussed tells me that someday they will really try to ram it through.

That's where trusting in the checks and balances is what I fall back on. I think some of the legislators would absolutely try that however our supreme court is in place for a reason. They continue to uphold your rights.

However by trying to hide guns and keep everything under the table it seems to make swaying public opinion much easier.

Yet again I think both extremes fail and give each other fodder.

Comment

View Post

Where did gun owners get the idea that they have a right to owning guns with no regulation or oversight of any kind?

Simple answer: Propaganda

The NRA and gun manufacturers spend millions every year trying to convince people that it is in the constitution, whereas anyone with 20 firing neurons knows that it isn't.
            Amps:Framus Dragon, 5150, Mesa Mark IV, Mesa Triple Recto, FJA XXX, FJA PV RM -->Mesa 50/50, PV Ultra 120, FJA PV Penta, FJA DoubleCross, FJA Windsor, GK MLE Head, GK 2100SEL, Marshall 9100

Cabs:3 Marshall 1960B, 2 Avatar 2x15, 2 Laney 4x12's, Mesa Recto 4x12 & 1x12, various 2x12's

Good Trades With: Exocaster, ams2ek, Chrisman926, Digital Jams, thesplawnster, Soulcrusher_X, meadows.83, Vinhoff, John Busbee, rebornself27, MadCow, mincy, Guitarted, The Riffer, Keebz, guitarbilly74

Comment

View Post

Where did gun owners get the idea that they have a right to owning guns with no regulation or oversight of any kind?

Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
              Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

That's where trusting in the checks and balances is what I fall back on. I think some of the legislators would absolutely try that however our supreme court is in place for a reason. They continue to uphold your rights.

However by trying to hide guns and keep everything under the table it seems to make swaying public opinion much easier.

Dude I have a CHL. Our state doesn't register guns but they know I have something and that I am legal to carry it around with me so I'm already ****************ed.

Seriously though I can't say I trust anything necessarily. All these things need is enough public support. Right now it's "Assault Weapons." When they do that and we still have the same **************** it'll be handguns and on and on. This has happened too many places already and even what's happening now is just proof that all you need to do is scare the public. If I was the government that's exactly how I'd do it. Why? Because it would work.

Comment

View Post

Dude I have a CHL. Our state doesn't register guns but they know I have something and that I am legal to carry it around with me so I'm already ****************ed.

Seriously though I can't say I trust anything necessarily. All these things need is enough public support. Right now it's "Assault Weapons." When they do that and we still have the same **************** it'll be handguns and on and on. This has happened too many places already and even what's happening now is just proof that all you need to do is scare the public. If I was the government that's exactly how I'd do it. Why? Because it would work.

Comment

• The only reason I don't have suppressors is because I don't want to get on anyone's radar. Saddest part is I want them so I can continue to shoot without worrying about my ears which I use for music and more specifically recording/mixing etc. The twist here is before most people would get to my reasons they'd be thinking about what kind of loony **************** needs a silencer unless they wanted to be quiet while killing everyone.

Comment

• TURKERGERNS!
                      "A ****************ing elephant is a miracle. If people can't see a ****************ing miracle in a ****************ing elephant, then life must suck for them, because an elephant is a ****************ing miracle. So is a giraffe." - Voilent J, Scholar and Poet

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel
                        View Post

Regulation, is the first step towards the ultimate goal of the anit-gun lobby. Which is criminalization and confiscation.

You really think the government is going to be able to confiscate guns? I highly doubt that. Its too ingrained in our society and even though there are many people calling for regulation there are just as many people who are adamant about their right to own them. I understand your sentiment and actually feel the same way about other things the government does(Patriot act) but all in all the worst they possibly do is some type of convoluted, neutered act with tons of loopholes like the "assault weapons" ban.
                        Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

verf code: pepi/charveldan news team

netmusicians
                        soundclick
                        Download my Demo for Free
                        Spam: EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Big Box version $325? make offer
                        EHX The Worm $65
                        Boss GE-7 $60
                        Boss TU-2 $65

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MetalHed
                          View Post

Simple answer: Propaganda

The NRA and gun manufacturers spend millions every year trying to convince people that it is in the constitution, whereas anyone with 20 firing neurons knows that it isn't.

Uh the constitution specifically states I have the right to bear arms and that my right should not be infringed upon. Note they added the not to be infringed upon. Why? Presumably because they knew ****************ers would be infringing on dat ass. So there it is in words. Then to reinforce, the whole purpose was for our arms to be at the same level as the govt so we could fight them if needs be. People bring up the musket **************** but yeah if your enemy is using a musket than having muskets would be equal footing. If they have rifles then in the spirit of why the 2nd was written we were to have them too. It is simply about being able to be on equal footing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2
                            View Post

Uh the constitution specifically states I have the right to bear arms and that my right should not be infringed upon. Note they added the not to be infringed upon. Why? Presumably because they knew ****************ers would be infringing on dat ass. So there it is in words. Then to reinforce, the whole purpose was for our arms to be at the same level as the govt so we could fight them if needs be. People bring up the musket **************** but yeah if your enemy is using a musket then having muskets would be equal footing. If they have rifles then in the spirit of why the 2nd was written we were to have them too. It is simply about being able to be on equal footing. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's just crazy talk...that I agree with.
                            Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Great Transactions with: blima, draggboy, Pilot08, Elixirmm, Christobevii3, Sixtonoize (actually his friend)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by exafro
                              View Post

You really think the government is going to be able to confiscate guns? I highly doubt that. Its too ingrained in our society and even though there are many people calling for regulation there are just as many people who are adamant about their right to own them.

Yes. it's the first thing the communists do when they take over

Seriously though, they did it with gold in 1933, why wouldn't they be able to do it with guns on 2013 ?
                              Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel
                                View Post

Yes. it's the first thing the communists do when they take over

Seriously though, they did it with gold in 1933, why wouldn't they be able to do it with guns on 2013 ?

What communists are in power right now?
                                Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

verf code: pepi/charveldan news team

netmusicians
                                soundclick
                                Download my Demo for Free
                                Spam: EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Big Box version $325? make offer
                                EHX The Worm $65
                                Boss GE-7 $60
                                Boss TU-2 $65

Comment

Working...
                                X