NAD!!

NinjaRaf

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf View Post
Yup, thing sounds pretty badass. Super fun to play, and really does a great job on the 5150 tone. This little sucker is making me think my next amp is gonna be a XXX with a 212 cab.

Merry Christmas guys!!
The Triple XXX with the 2x12 G Flex cab is one of the best metal rigs, I have ever heard.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by shane159

View Post

The Triple XXX with the 2x12 G Flex cab is one of the best metal rigs, I have ever heard.

Word. I love the speakers that come in Gflex cabs. Also, they pop up really cheap...that sounds like itd be a badass cheap metal rig.

• Members

Congrats on the Vyp. Honestly, it's a love/hate with my Vypyr 30, but I think its mostly the Sheffield speaker in the 1x12 cab its going through. If it were a more neutral speaker I'm sure I'd dig it more. 6505 red channel is my fav, followed by the Diezel model. I really want a Sampera pedal, but I'm a bit iffy on spending more on the damn foot controller than I did on the amp itself lol

• Members

Yeah, Id probably rather have the 30 for the 12" speaker, but in all honesty, I wanted something small that I can move around easily since my 5150 doesnt really fit that need. My buddy has his half stack at his practice space, and a crate 15 watter and his house. I wanted something to match his crate in size and volume, and weight since we jam upstairs haha. So this works for everything I wanted it for. The 6505 model is REALLY good. I think my favorite, though, is actually the XXX. Im so used to the 6505, that the XXX model seems new and neat. Its a different tone, I run it a little scooped so its a little hollow in the mids, but with the gain dropped to around 60 ish %, it gives it this nice, tight, dryish thing going on. The recto with the TS on is really good too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

XXX's are impossible to beat for the money.

Yeah, seems that way. If the vypyr XXX model is any indication of what Im gonna hear from a head, just more of it and better, then yeah...DEFINITELY getting a XXX in the future.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic View Post
Congrats on the Vyp. Honestly, it's a love/hate with my Vypyr 30, but I think its mostly the Sheffield speaker in the 1x12 cab its going through. If it were a more neutral speaker I'm sure I'd dig it more. 6505 red channel is my fav, followed by the Diezel model. I really want a Sampera pedal, but I'm a bit iffy on spending more on the damn foot controller than I did on the amp itself lol

this !!!

I really like my 30. Play out with it all the time. It always sounds better at home practicing, than with the band, unless I'm doing cleaner stuff. The gainy stuff just doesn't cut through.

Archived