Ed Roman almost had a reality show

Caulk Rocket

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR

View Post

yeah, it was a real pilot. Looks like {censored} though

I didn't watch the video but pilots aren't hard to make.

I've made a lot of pilots for people, especially music related ones. We've done a lot of them on spec for the hopes of recouping some money if the show is picked up.

I never made a dime off of them. cry.gif

• Members

I would have watched just to see how much of a ass he could have made of himself. His online rants were beyond hilarious though. IMO if you think you build great guitars then let them speak for themselves instead of spouting off crap about every other guitar company hoping it will make your work look better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Miter Gauge

View Post

I didn't watch the video but pilots aren't hard to make.

I've made a lot of pilots for people, especially music related ones. We've done a lot of them on spec for the hopes of recouping some money if the show is picked up.

I never made a dime off of them. cry.gif

Maybe they are hard to make, and you just put so little effort into your pilots that they all failed. All along you are thinking "these are not hard to make, i think i will make more for people and screw there hopes and dreams up by making a {censored}ty pilot and passing it off as not hard to do and great quality"

eek.gif

redface.gif

wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices

View Post

Maybe they are hard to make, and you just put so little effort into your pilots that they all failed. All along you are thinking "these are not hard to make, i think i will make more for people and screw there hopes and dreams up by making a {censored}ty pilot and passing it off as not hard to do and great quality"

eek.gif

redface.gif

wink.gif

Oh man... I never realized how many folks' dreams I've smashed... I must atone! Would that the one they call Roman were alive so that I might help him realize his dreams as being the first Leprechaun on TV

• Members

Somehow, I'd prefer a guitar that said "made in hell" on the headstock over one that said "Ed Roman" on the headstock wave.gif

incidentally, didn't he specialize in fake copies of really expensive guitars? I'm pretty sure I saw a Lemmy Rickenbacker bass copy on his website a few years back...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

Did anyone else find it hilarious that his longest tenured employee had been with him for only like, 10 years? biggrin.gif

Also-total Ed Roman quote(about American-made guitars): "Most of them are imported and then passed off as American-made" icon_lol.gif

Well, the trees weren't made in America, so he's kinda right icon_lol.gif

• Members

Woah, I had no idea they were trying to sell this show. I hate reality tv but I would have watched it just because it's based loosely on guitars.

And the quote from Lin "he's my dad and I don't like him, but I love his voice" cracked me up. But Lin was was truly heartbroken when Ed passed. Ed was a douche but we all know his name.

Archived