What delay are you using?

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY! View Post

Skreddy's are crazy expensive, no?
Mine was $260 new direct from Skreddy. Cheaper than Strymon. idn_smilie.gif Similar price to some TC's, Catalinbread, Mad Professor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stompboxfreak72 View Post
Tc electronics vintage delay. I dont think these are made anymore and I paid $400 new for it 6 years ago. I have tried a lot of other delay pedals but always end up back at this one. Of course I have never tried teh Skreddy Echo.

Is it tap tempo ?
No tap tempo.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Are you using a lot of the deeper features on the DD-7?

If not, you need to check out the Boss DD-2. It sounds pretty incredible.
I few of them -- but I most use it for longer delay times and the tap tempo on a few things. I know the DD-2 is a killer delay.

The Skeddy is more the sound and feel I like though,.....love the way it decays, warbles,...just {censored}ing eerie, and it actually works great in front of your amp if set right.

Oh, I also have a Carbon Copy that I like a lot.

• Members

I know you aren't really asking, just trying to say yours is better but anyway, I use a dd3 which I modded to have a 3 way switch which has settings for the stock digital delay and the other 2 setting emulate the warmth of an analog delay.

The other is Electro Harmonix Memory Boy analog delay. I greatly prefer this the carbon copy. The standard delay isn't quite as dark as the carbon. So when used as just a simple delay, it does the job and sits nicely in the mix. I don't love how the controls are designed, but it's just takes a little different way of setting up the amount of delay you actually want in the signal. But this also has modulation effects like the carbon copy but with a few more options like a vibrato or chorus. A square wave or triangle wave and can even be controlled via an expression pedal to manipulate the sound live. Again when used, more or less, as a standard delay to add some life and wetness to your track, it does it on par with other decent analog delays. So it performs the bread and butter delay jusT fine.

But this also has extreme settings for the modulation that takes this pedal to a place I have yet to hear in another delay.. I've obviously heard other pedals be able to create above and beyond as well, but this has it's own vibe, for sure. I've seem some reviewers say any of the higher settings are unusable and I'll say they simply aren't creative or perhaps it's not the vibe they like but it's definitely usable., It can create some crazy sounding soundscapes that aren't just noise, even when i have a lot going on. You can get bleeps/bloops and other old time "space traveling" FX. And when you Dick around with the knobs while it's all going on it can get even more out there.. I'll abmit to being a bit underwhelmed by it initially, as I didn't grasp the creative flow of it, but once I did, I became a big fan..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

Totally understandable. FWIW, the lofi section with the filters was the shiznit. If I had to buy one again, I would use it for that.

That section is awesome. Lodi sound really good, but I've been venturing into a few other sections like the trem delay.

• Members

i buy quality. a fulldrive II is a much better choice and will save you 200-300. I found mine for less than 100 and it sounds much better than my friends echoplex. we a/b'd them the other day. surprisingly the fulldrive has more gain and sounded better.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime View Post
I know you aren't really asking, just trying to say yours is better but anyway, I use a dd3 which I modded to have a 3 way switch which has settings for the stock digital delay and the other 2 setting emulate the warmth of an analog delay.

The other is Electro Harmonix Memory Boy analog delay. I greatly prefer this the carbon copy. The standard delay isn't quite as dark as the carbon. So when used as just a simple delay, it does the job and sits nicely in the mix. I don't love how the controls are designed, but it's just takes a little different way of setting up the amount of delay you actually want in the signal. But this also has modulation effects like the carbon copy but with a few more options like a vibrato or chorus. A square wave or triangle wave and can even be controlled via an expression pedal to manipulate the sound live. Again when used, more or less, as a standard delay to add some life and wetness to your track, it does it on par with other decent analog delays. So it performs the bread and butter delay jusT fine.

But this also has extreme settings for the modulation that takes this pedal to a place I have yet to hear in another delay.. I've obviously heard other pedals be able to create above and beyond as well, but this has it's own vibe, for sure. I've seem some reviewers say any of the higher settings are unusable and I'll say they simply aren't creative or perhaps it's not the vibe they like but it's definitely usable., It can create some crazy sounding soundscapes that aren't just noise, even when i have a lot going on. You can get bleeps/bloops and other old time "space traveling" FX. And when you Dick around with the knobs while it's all going on it can get even more out there.. I'll about to being a bit underwhelmed by it initially, as I didn't grasp the creative flow of it, but once I suss, I became a big fan..
I know you think that, but I would hope that by the flavor of my responses, I am showing my true interest in what people are using. I was really just joking, but I know you don't like me. so, whatever.

BTW, that DD-3 with the switch sounds awesome.

I haven't had good luck with EHX buffers. Is the memory boy true bypass?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

i buy quality. a fulldrive II is a much better choice and will save you 200-300. I found mine for less than 100 and it sounds much better than my friends echoplex. we a/b'd them the other day. surprisingly the fulldrive has more gain and sounded better.

Isn't the FD-II an overdrive? confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

icon_lol.gif

Archived