Django Unchained. It doesn't suck.

nightflameauto

• Members

Went to Django to celebrate non-denominational-mas day. It was pretty rad.

Violence, bad language, knives around dude's nethers, dogs ripping a dude to shreds, and sarcasm. As my wife said, "Yep, it's a Tarantino movie." So if you dig his schtick, you'll dig this. If you don't? {censored} off 'cause you suck anyway.

The previews did not show all the good stuff. The movie had a surprisingly thorough story. And Spike Lee's pissed off it exists, so that's almost an added bonus. His arguments are like mapz arguments too. "I haven't seen it, I won't see it, but it's disrespectful." facepalm.gif

If you enjoy mindless violence with a little bit of story, go see it. The KKK fail scene alone is worth it. Eye holes. icon_lol.gif

Anybody else brave the theater on Christmas? Place was utterly packed so I'm guessing someone else saw it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

will pass.
his stuff has been {censored} for quite a while now. i'm kinda in the camp nowadays that Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were the exceptions, not the rule for Tarantino flicks.
plus giving $$ to jamie foxx and leo = fail

• Members

will pass.
his stuff has been {censored} for quite a while now. i'm kinda in the camp nowadays that Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were the exceptions, not the rule for Tarantino flicks.

• Members
idn_smilie.gif I guess I don't get the Tarantino hate. There certainly seems to be a lot of it, but he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and makes it painfully obvious that he's just as big a nerd as his fans, if not worse.

So, basically, RSBro, Y U SUCK? And what's wrong with Leo? Mofo can act, unlike most of the pretty boy, girl-swooning lot. He plays an amazing douche in this one. So douchey you just wanna punch the screen.

• Members
idn_smilie.gif I guess I don't get the Tarantino hate. There certainly seems to be a lot of it, but he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and makes it painfully obvious that he's just as big a nerd as his fans, if not worse.

So, basically, RSBro, Y U SUCK? And what's wrong with Leo? Mofo can act, unlike most of the pretty boy, girl-swooning lot. He plays an amazing douche in this one. So douchey you just wanna punch the screen.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto View Post

All of this and then some. Tarantino knows how to set a mood and write dialog. He knows how to pick the right person for the job and this movie is another testament to that fact. I have been a fanboy since day 1 and with the exception of Death Proof; I have always loved Quentin's work. This movie is not Pulp Fiction (which to me was the film equivalent of a religious experience); but it is a lot better than I thought it would be.

• Members

All of this and then some. Tarantino knows how to set a mood and write dialog. He knows how to pick the right person for the job and this movie is another testament to that fact. I have been a fanboy since day 1 and with the exception of Death Proof; I have always loved Quentin's work. This movie is not Pulp Fiction (which to me was the film equivalent of a religious experience); but it is a lot better than I thought it would be.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
will pass.
...and how can you not love Kill Bill?

• Members
will pass.
...and how can you not love Kill Bill?

• Members

i used to be a rabid QT fanboi, actually. i just go back and re-watch some of it now and it just is idn_smilie.gif + :meh: to me. i dunno y.

the only flick i think leo was good in was The Departed. he is better than Depp, tho redface.gif

• Members

i used to be a rabid QT fanboi, actually. i just go back and re-watch some of it now and it just is idn_smilie.gif + :meh: to me. i dunno y.

the only flick i think leo was good in was The Departed. he is better than Depp, tho redface.gif

• Members

Ah, see, I was never a full-blown fanboi for Tarantino. Sometimes I think the rabid fans are the ones that are the quickest to turn. I just like his stuff generally.

AND HOW THE {censored} DO YOU NOT LIKE DEPP?! You're basically saying you hate good actors here, RSBro. Next your gonna say you think Tyler Perry is hilariously awesome. Then I'm gonna have to disown you permanently.

• Members

Ah, see, I was never a full-blown fanboi for Tarantino. Sometimes I think the rabid fans are the ones that are the quickest to turn. I just like his stuff generally.

AND HOW THE {censored} DO YOU NOT LIKE DEPP?! You're basically saying you hate good actors here, RSBro. Next your gonna say you think Tyler Perry is hilariously awesome. Then I'm gonna have to disown you permanently.

• Members

For me, Tarantino hits that sweet spot; kind of like listening to an album from one of your favorite bands from back when you were younger (not sure how old you are as I am typing this smile.gif. It hits the right emotional chords, even when it is subject matter you might have no real life experience with.

• Members

For me, Tarantino hits that sweet spot; kind of like listening to an album from one of your favorite bands from back when you were younger (not sure how old you are as I am typing this smile.gif. It hits the right emotional chords, even when it is subject matter you might have no real life experience with.

• Members

lol without Tim Burton and a Disney ride, I dunno that Depp would even have an acting career still... cop.gif

i think i liked that Blow movie, though. mostly bc of Penelope Cruz love.gif

i think i like matt damon tho. ben "phantoms" affleck, not as much.

• Members

lol without Tim Burton and a Disney ride, I dunno that Depp would even have an acting career still... cop.gif

• Members

Depp seems capable of playing anything. The Rum Diary as a recent example, and Ed Wood as an older one. Ed Wood was one of the funniest movies about a sad story ever.

Matt Damon survived on a property he wanted out of. Hollywood's attempt to turn him into the ultimate "new action" star is failing. Affleck - Kevin Smith makes him make fun of himself, and that's about as good as he gets.

And Penelope Cruz love.gif.

• Members

Depp seems capable of playing anything. The Rum Diary as a recent example, and Ed Wood as an older one. Ed Wood was one of the funniest movies about a sad story ever.

Matt Damon survived on a property he wanted out of. Hollywood's attempt to turn him into the ultimate "new action" star is failing. Affleck - Kevin Smith makes him make fun of himself, and that's about as good as he gets.

And Penelope Cruz love.gif.

Archived