Django Unchained. It doesn't suck.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
    View Post

Reservoir Dogs was meh. I didn't really like it. Pulp Fiction is fine but not really my thing. I got bored watching Kill Bill and turned it off. I can respect Tarantino's influence and how he was doing something different when he started out but I'm not a huge fan of the style I guess.

I love From Dusk Til Dawn because that was Robert Rodriguez as was the good half of Grindhouse (hint: Death Proof was not the good half). In fact, I enjoy Tarantino acting more than I do Tarantino directing. I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet though I will give it a shot.

I might get around to seeing Django Unchained but its a Tarantino movie so I don't feel a big need to go see it.

Yeah, Tarantino's dialog annoys the heck outta me. Trying too hard!

If you are not a fan of his style, you will not like it. I can appreciate someone not feeling his films. That being said, when I watch them; the love of film and desire to entertain the audience that Quentin brings to the table is overwhelming in the best of ways. I like KungFu movies, hyper violence and smart dialog. He's not "showing me how cool he is", motherf**ker just IS cool.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
      View Post

Reservoir Dogs was meh. I didn't really like it. Pulp Fiction is fine but not really my thing. I got bored watching Kill Bill and turned it off. I can respect Tarantino's influence and how he was doing something different when he started out but I'm not a huge fan of the style I guess.

I love From Dusk Til Dawn because that was Robert Rodriguez as was the good half of Grindhouse (hint: Death Proof was not the good half). In fact, I enjoy Tarantino acting more than I do Tarantino directing. I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet though I will give it a shot.

I might get around to seeing Django Unchained but its a Tarantino movie so I don't feel a big need to go see it.

Yeah, Tarantino's dialog annoys the heck outta me. Trying too hard!

If you are not a fan of his style, you will not like it. I can appreciate someone not feeling his films. That being said, when I watch them; the love of film and desire to entertain the audience that Quentin brings to the table is overwhelming in the best of ways. I like KungFu movies, hyper violence and smart dialog. He's not "showing me how cool he is", motherf**ker just IS cool.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN
        View Post

That's the point I want to make as well. What does he have to do to impress people? Dude made one of the best movies of the 1990s.
        He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

View Post

That's the point I want to make as well. What does he have to do to impress people? Dude made one of the best movies of the 1990s.
          He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

View Post

Yeah, his stuff seems to be pretty much you like him or you don't, not much middle ground. The hyper violence is why I shut off Kill Bill. Not because it was too graphic or anything butbecause during the fight scene with the 8 million ninjas or whatever it was I got bored and thought "good lord this is stupid."

QT does his thing and has been quite successful doing it. I give the movies a shot now and then but they usually aren't for me. It certainly doesn't make him Michael Bay or anything.
            Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
            Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

Yeah, his stuff seems to be pretty much you like him or you don't, not much middle ground. The hyper violence is why I shut off Kill Bill. Not because it was too graphic or anything butbecause during the fight scene with the 8 million ninjas or whatever it was I got bored and thought "good lord this is stupid."

QT does his thing and has been quite successful doing it. I give the movies a shot now and then but they usually aren't for me. It certainly doesn't make him Michael Bay or anything.
              Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
              Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

As far as I am concerned, Django Unchained is a remake of this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIklFsMjjU

Also, here's the catchy as **************** theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c

Btw, I didn't embed the videos for a reason!
                GUITARS:
                Ibanez UV777BK - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze SC middle/Blaze neck
                Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze neck
                Gibson Les Paul Studio - stock
                Squier Stagemaster - EMG 81s

AMPS & CAB:
                Marshall JVM 210H
                Marshall JCM 900 4100 (modded)
                Marshall 1960B (G12T-75 / Hellatone 30 X-Pattern)

PEDALS:
                Boss TU-2
                Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                Maxon OD808
                MXR Phase 90
                Boss CH-1
                Digitech Turbo Flange
                Boss NS-2
                Hardwire DL-8
                Blackstar HT-DistX

Originally Posted by Pepi

Short 100 bucks **************** YOU OBAMA

Comment

As far as I am concerned, Django Unchained is a remake of this film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTIklFsMjjU

Also, here's the catchy as **************** theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c

Btw, I didn't embed the videos for a reason!
                  GUITARS:
                  Ibanez UV777BK - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze SC middle/Blaze neck
                  Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze neck
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio - stock
                  Squier Stagemaster - EMG 81s

AMPS & CAB:
                  Marshall JVM 210H
                  Marshall JCM 900 4100 (modded)
                  Marshall 1960B (G12T-75 / Hellatone 30 X-Pattern)

PEDALS:
                  Boss TU-2
                  Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                  Maxon OD808
                  MXR Phase 90
                  Boss CH-1
                  Digitech Turbo Flange
                  Boss NS-2
                  Hardwire DL-8
                  Blackstar HT-DistX

Originally Posted by Pepi

Short 100 bucks **************** YOU OBAMA

Comment

I think Deathproof has some high points *drools*

Comment

I think Deathproof has some high points *drools*

Comment

More.

Comment

More.

Comment

View Post

What's truly hilarious is he's really only cool in a way that true movie dorks can appreciate. And I don't say that as a slam since I appreciate his work. Just seeing him in extras and interviews is hilarious because he comes across like a complete tooljob fanboy. His scenes with Kevin and Robert on the Clerks II DVD set makes it abundantly clear he's just a nerdy kid at heart that managed to put the pieces into place so that he not only didn't have to grow up, he could also go ahead and keep playing make believe with his friends . . . AND get paid for it.

I think I admired him more after seeing that than I did before, and I already enjoyed his movies. Not at the worship level, even for Pulp Fiction, but they're certainly fun to watch.
                            Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

View Post

What's truly hilarious is he's really only cool in a way that true movie dorks can appreciate. And I don't say that as a slam since I appreciate his work. Just seeing him in extras and interviews is hilarious because he comes across like a complete tooljob fanboy. His scenes with Kevin and Robert on the Clerks II DVD set makes it abundantly clear he's just a nerdy kid at heart that managed to put the pieces into place so that he not only didn't have to grow up, he could also go ahead and keep playing make believe with his friends . . . AND get paid for it.

I think I admired him more after seeing that than I did before, and I already enjoyed his movies. Not at the worship level, even for Pulp Fiction, but they're certainly fun to watch.
                              Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

I want to see it, but mostly because Tarantino used a song by this local musician, and I'll support it just for that. Brother Dege is a cool mofo, writes some cool songs and hopefully this movie will get him some recognition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY_iNlUsS5I

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Working...
                                X