Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't particularly enjoy most of Tarantino's movies. Most of them are all tension and no release. Reservoir Dogs is probably the worst offender here.

I just rewatched Ingloriois Basterds and it felt like a charicature of a real movie. The ONLY redeeming part was Chrisoph Woltz's character.
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Warmoth Custom Soloist
    Ibanez S370
    Gibson SG Special
    '77 Marshall JMP 2203
    http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
    --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

the only tarantino movie that i've seen that i didn't hate was reservoir dogs.

because of the depth of my loathing for his work, i simply refuse to watch any of his films any more. i think the last one i saw was grindhouse...so ****************ing stupid.
      got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
      here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

the only tarantino movie that i've seen that i didn't hate was reservoir dogs.

because of the depth of my loathing for his work, i simply refuse to watch any of his films any more. i think the last one i saw was grindhouse...so ****************ing stupid.
        got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
        here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

So it's a movie full of overacting, dialogue that is desperately trying to be "cool," and a **************** ton of motifs Tarantino stole from Exploitation and Kung Fu movies to show how cool his tastes are? Cool.
          HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

So it's a movie full of overacting, dialogue that is desperately trying to be "cool," and a **************** ton of motifs Tarantino stole from Exploitation and Kung Fu movies to show how cool his tastes are? Cool.
            HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by duncan
              View Post

Damn, you're so ice HCFX couldn't even touch you.
              He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

View Post

He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

Comment

No kung fu in this movie. It's a quasi-remake of a movie that came out in the mid 60s.

It's really good though.

Comment

No kung fu in this movie. It's a quasi-remake of a movie that came out in the mid 60s.

It's really good though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
                      View Post

This.

I actually don't like reservoir dogs

Reservoir Dogs was meh. I didn't really like it. Pulp Fiction is fine but not really my thing. I got bored watching Kill Bill and turned it off. I can respect Tarantino's influence and how he was doing something different when he started out but I'm not a huge fan of the style I guess.

I love From Dusk Til Dawn because that was Robert Rodriguez as was the good half of Grindhouse (hint: Death Proof was not the good half). In fact, I enjoy Tarantino acting more than I do Tarantino directing. I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet though I will give it a shot.

I might get around to seeing Django Unchained but its a Tarantino movie so I don't feel a big need to go see it.

View Post

Yeah, Tarantino's dialog annoys the heck outta me. Trying too hard!
                      Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
                        View Post

This.

I actually don't like reservoir dogs

Reservoir Dogs was meh. I didn't really like it. Pulp Fiction is fine but not really my thing. I got bored watching Kill Bill and turned it off. I can respect Tarantino's influence and how he was doing something different when he started out but I'm not a huge fan of the style I guess.

I love From Dusk Til Dawn because that was Robert Rodriguez as was the good half of Grindhouse (hint: Death Proof was not the good half). In fact, I enjoy Tarantino acting more than I do Tarantino directing. I haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet though I will give it a shot.

I might get around to seeing Django Unchained but its a Tarantino movie so I don't feel a big need to go see it.

View Post

Yeah, Tarantino's dialog annoys the heck outta me. Trying too hard!
                        Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                        Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

i saw it today and enjoyed it.
                          Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

i saw it today and enjoyed it.
                            Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by decode6
                              View Post

This x1million. Everything awesome can only be created in a vacuum with no outside influence. Oh wait...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by decode6
                                View Post

This x1million. Everything awesome can only be created in a vacuum with no outside influence. Oh wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X