Tweaker 88 on sale?!

Viesczy

• Members

I swear the gods are TEMPTING me. eek.gif

So last week I decided to just get that 5150 III 50 watt knowing it was the right decision & ordered it from Arend, what comes today in the mail but the latest Musician's Friend catalog.

What is listed for sale on page 15 for $599.99?! eek.gif

That Tweaker 88!

Do I need yet another amp that'll get used as sparingly as all my others as my others, most likely being used only @ my GF's place?

And there's that VC50 for sale too that I need, and lord knows I need the baby version of my VH100R that sits the bench!

Derek

• Members

Very interested. I don't have a GC near me, so I've never tried it, but the videos sound good, and the reviews are okay.

I'm a big Egnater fan. Currently own a TOL100. Which is sweet.

Had the tweaker 40 for a while.
Sounded great clean, and had a biting crunch tone.

The options were nice, but I found my settings and stuck with them.
People expect a lot out of amps with these sort of features, which may be why the reviews are less than stellar.

I also suspect they are biased cold from the factory to improve reliability. Most mass produced amps are shipped that way.

The 40 didn't quite have the low enc oomph I was used to, until I got the volume pot up to 1'o clock. Too loud.
That is the same with the 15, from what I've read.

I may just order it and give it a shot. MF has a good return policy, if it turns out I don't like it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Fiscal View Post

I may just order it and give it a shot. MF has a good return policy, if it turns out I don't like it.
It is calling to me too! I'd prefer to give my $ to Lewp-a-lou as he good people and SW is by far the best major internet music retailer but D A M N that is a good price!

Derek

Archived