Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question of free will

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
    View Post

    the OP was off base in attempting to use physics to infer determinism. nobody really argued that.



    what has been (and will continue to be) argued is the existence of free will.



    the structure and chemistry in our brains is responsible for our conscience (consciousness?) and awareness, yes. interactions with the environment can certainly change these things.




    on that note... did you know that the fluoride they put in our water calcifies the pineal gland? And furthermore, if we change our environment haven't we changed the factors that affect our free will, and by extension exercised our free will?
    Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
    Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

    Yes that's my girlfriend.

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
      View Post

      the OP was off base in attempting to use physics to infer determinism. nobody really argued that.



      what has been (and will continue to be) argued is the existence of free will.



      the structure and chemistry in our brains is responsible for our conscience (consciousness?) and awareness, yes. interactions with the environment can certainly change these things.




      Oh, then we're on the same page. Just checking.

      Comment


      • If you look at human movement on the scale of the universe....heck, even our own solar system then net movement of the particles that make up our entire species probably sums to a number close to zero...so the 'free will' of our movement can be argued to have had very little effect. :-)
        SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

        N'OWT!







        Originally Posted by NICE47


        **************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
          View Post

          on that note... did you know that the fluoride they put in our water calcifies the pineal gland? And furthermore, if we change our environment haven't we changed the factors that affect our free will, and by extension exercised our free will?




          got any research to back that up?



          i'd like to know the mechanism by which flouride causes something to calcify.



          further, i'd like to know what the consequences of a calcified pineal gland are.
          got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
          here

          my website

          TITAN AMPS on myspace


          My band:Last Comes Gunfire

          Comment








          • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
            View Post

            got any research to back that up?



            i'd like to know the mechanism by which flouride causes something to calcify.



            further, i'd like to know what the consequences of a calcified pineal gland are.




            Black helicopters overhead in 3, 2, 1...

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
              View Post

              got any research to back that up?



              i'd like to know the mechanism by which flouride causes something to calcify.



              further, i'd like to know what the consequences of a calcified pineal gland are.




              there's a **************** tone of research. you can easily find it, as well as problems caused by it. calcification of any gland is bad news for your biochemistry. so my point in all of this is that if you choose to live in a way that vastly alters the overall composition of your neurological function, then you've affected the conditions which according to you dictate the choices that you make. we are definitely players in our own destiny for sure, that's what I'm getting at.
              Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
              Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

              Yes that's my girlfriend.

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                View Post

                there's a **************** tone of research. you can easily find it, as well as problems caused by it. calcification of any gland is bad news for your biochemistry. so my point in all of this is that if you choose to live in a way that vastly alters the overall composition of your neurological function, then you've affected the conditions which according to you dictate the choices that you make. we are definitely players in our own destiny for sure, that's what I'm getting at.




                i looked, didn't find any reputable sources.



                please provide yours.



                also, none of us have a destiny.
                got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                here

                my website

                TITAN AMPS on myspace


                My band:Last Comes Gunfire

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by redeye5
                  View Post

                  thats not what the laws of physics say at all, nevermind quantum physics




                  I was gonna say...
                  Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

                  Great Transactions with: blima, draggboy, Pilot08, Elixirmm, Christobevii3, Sixtonoize (actually his friend)

                  Comment


                  • Calcification. iG OPURN ****************M TURND STO DUST, WHAT THE **************** ARE WE GOMMA DOO ABOUT IT???
                    Originally Posted by KCTigerChief


                    Rock hardness called that one









                    Originally Posted by guitarbilly74


                    But then again, it's the internet and everyone is a hunk with a 12" cock, great job, fast car, hot gf and loads money in the bank and Mila Kunis has pointy knees.

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
                      View Post

                      i looked, didn't find any reputable sources.



                      please provide yours.



                      also, none of us have a destiny.




                      You're dodging my argument and you could step away from the pineal gland argument and break into any lifestyle that negatively effects cognitive function, whether by depletion of nutrients used for cognition, or a whole array of other factors. my point is that your choice to live in a certain way effects your chemical make-up overall, which according to you dictates the choices you make. if I am Omega deficient and I begin to eat a lot of foods because they're high in omegas my neurological function is going to change, and so will the choices that I make as a result. Still, it was a choice to alter my composition.
                      Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                      Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

                      Yes that's my girlfriend.

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
                        View Post

                        i looked, didn't find any reputable sources.



                        please provide yours.



                        also, none of us have a destiny.




                        look up effects of fluoride on calcium metabolism
                        Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                        Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

                        Yes that's my girlfriend.

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                          View Post

                          You're dodging my argument and you could step away from the pineal gland argument and break into any lifestyle that negatively effects cognitive function, whether by depletion of nutrients used for cognition, or a whole array of other factors. my point is that your choice to live in a certain way effects your chemical make-up overall, which according to you dictates the choices you make. if I am Omega deficient and I begin to eat a lot of foods because they're high in omegas my neurological function is going to change, and so will the choices that I make as a result. Still, it was a choice to alter my composition.




                          i'm not dodging your argument, because until this post you haven't made a valid one.



                          the fact that you are initially omega "deficient", and then choose to supplement with omega is simply a result of initially being omega "deficient" and worrying enough about it to supplement...in order to make that decision, you must already be in a position to make that decision, so it's the only one you can make.



                          for instance, since i'm NOT a nutrient freak, if i found that i was omega "deficient" i'd keep right on doing what i've been doing because i don't give a **************** about omega "deficiency". further, since i'm not a nutrient freak, i doubt that i'd ever find out that i was omega "deficient".







                          also, i keep putting deficient in quotes because who the hell decides whether i'm deficient?





                          all in all, your "argument" is just adding up to further support my stance that there is no free will.
                          got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                          here

                          my website

                          TITAN AMPS on myspace


                          My band:Last Comes Gunfire

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                            View Post

                            You're dodging my argument and you could step away from the pineal gland argument and break into any lifestyle that negatively effects cognitive function, whether by depletion of nutrients used for cognition, or a whole array of other factors. my point is that your choice to live in a certain way effects your chemical make-up overall, which according to you dictates the choices you make. if I am Omega deficient and I begin to eat a lot of foods because they're high in omegas my neurological function is going to change, and so will the choices that I make as a result. Still, it was a choice to alter my composition.




                            i'm not dodging your argument, because until this post you haven't made a valid one.



                            the fact that you are initially omega "deficient", and then choose to supplement with omega is simply a result of initially being omega "deficient" and worrying enough about it to supplement...in order to make that decision, you must already be in a position to make that decision, so it's the only one you can make.



                            for instance, since i'm NOT a nutrient freak, if i found that i was omega "deficient" i'd keep right on doing what i've been doing because i don't give a **************** about omega "deficiency". further, since i'm not a nutrient freak, i doubt that i'd ever find out that i was omega "deficient".







                            also, i keep putting deficient in quotes because who the hell decides whether i'm deficient?





                            all in all, your "argument" is just adding up to further support my stance that there is no free will.
                            got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                            here

                            my website

                            TITAN AMPS on myspace


                            My band:Last Comes Gunfire

                            Comment


                            • **************** YOUR FREE WILL. i A MMFREENWI8LLY
                              Originally Posted by KCTigerChief


                              Rock hardness called that one









                              Originally Posted by guitarbilly74


                              But then again, it's the internet and everyone is a hunk with a 12" cock, great job, fast car, hot gf and loads money in the bank and Mila Kunis has pointy knees.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
                                View Post

                                all in all, your "argument" is just adding up to further support my stance that there is no free will.




                                not sure how that happened but cool bro I aint trippin' .... it's your choice and free will to feel that way about it
                                Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                                Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

                                Yes that's my girlfriend.

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X