drawing board: need a new 4x12 (recommend)

Mike LX-R

• Members

I bought a used cab from GC on the chance it would have the stock speakers and it didn't. So I'm back to the drawing board.

I need a 4x12, preferably used, that has K85(100) or CL-80s. I know that's a tall order, but I needs it so it must happen.

Please healp wave.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

My ampeg vh140c combo came with k85's in it, so maybe an older ampeg cab? I'm not sure whether or not any of the stand alone cabs came with them though...

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

avatar has great prices on those speakers and they are really well made cabs. maybe look for one that is unloaded and order the speakers seperate if you cant find one with them in it. randall cabs are good too

thank you! Looking into all options thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
that's just like my cab, except I have K85s in mine. Best cab ever!!!
I'm glad you popped in on this thread Billy. I need some advice...

I'm gonna sell the V30's this thing has, which should be easy for $100 a pair. Now, I've never heard K85/100's and they're not easy to find used so I'm thinking of selling my 2x12 with one of my other speakers in it, move my BL80's as well as purchase another pair of BL80's and load up this Randall with them. What do you think?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R View Post
I'm glad you popped in on this thread Billy. I need some advice...

I'm gonna sell the V30's this thing has, which should be easy for $100 a pair. Now, I've never heard K85/100's and they're not easy to find used so I'm thinking of selling my 2x12 with one of my other speakers in it, move my BL80's as well as purchase another pair of BL80's and load up this Randall with them. What do you think?
yeah, the XL with the 4 BL80's would be awesome. You could also try to X the T100s and BL80s. I am not a fan of X'ing but that combo could be good at least until you sell the V30's. I would also try to put a trade ad on CL to trade 2 V30's for 2 BL/CL80's that would solve your problem..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah, the XL with the 4 BL80's would be awesome. You could also try to X the T100s and BL80s. I am not a fan of X'ing but that combo could be good at least until you sell the V30's. I would also try to put a trade ad on CL to trade 2 V30's for 2 BL/CL80's that would solve your problem..

I sold one of my 2x12's this last weekend and gave the buyer the choice to have either the T100's, the Weber Axis, or the Weber Blue dog. He chose the T100's. I think I'm just going to order a couple new BL80's. WGS speakers are cheap and of all speakers I've tried with different amps the BL80 is my fave. Especially since I'm used to that sound I think it's the way to go for me. If in the future I hear K85's, maybe even yours, I'll probably just pick up a 2nd 4x12 with them and have 2 awesome yet different cabs.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
this guy has a Marshall 4x12 for sale with CL80's...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...494275732.html

why don't you contact him and ask him if he would be down to trade his 4 CL80's for your V30's... I would be easier for him to sell the cab with V30s, and you would hvae a quad of CL80s in your Randall. Win-win?
word! I'll give it a shot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Return the Randall and buy that Marshall cab. I'm not gonna lie, I want to be on that.

I thought about it honestly, but I'm not down with the white tolex... and the guy just got finished being a dick on the phone with me icon_lol.gif {censored} him... my feelings are hurt.

Archived