Installed the EMG Het Set into one of my Les Pauls yesterday......

Norton666

• Members

And I dig em thumb.gif

They are quite a bit different from a normal EMG (81) imo . Ive always felt like EMGs make any guitar you put them in sound the same. My Les Paul still feels and sounds like my LP though. They are SUPER high output but very quiet. With the stock pups , my JCM 800 with the gain maxed wil get you into Angus lead territory. Not high gain by any means. But with the Het set , it gets pert near into old thrash territory without any kind of boost . They also seem to have a low end rolloff compared to the stock Gibson pups that were in there. When I compare it with another Les Paul , there is significantly less low end which I think contributes to the tightness of the EMGs. All in all a very cool pickup and this is coming from a guy who is the opposite of an "EMG guy" . I dont think I would want them in all of my guitars , but I think they will record very well because of the tight / low end rolloff characteristics. Just my opinion of course thumb.gif

I should also mention that the pots that came with the set were not long enough for my LP so I gave EMG a call and they sent out new pots right away with no questions asked. I was an EMG dealer for 5+ years and always had great experiences with them , but even as a non dealer , their customer service was top notch. MUCH better than a lot of the companies I have dealt with

2D66741B-F983-4996-856E-67F25A2A9B7A-650

• Members

I've been curious about the Het Set and the new 57/66 set. I am a big fan of EMG pickups and yes, their service is excellent. I broke the quick connect pins off my 81 a few years ago and they sent me a brand new one, even though it was long out of warranty and the damage was entirely my fault.

• Members

I've been curious about the Het Set and the new 57/66 set. I am a big fan of EMG pickups and yes, their service is excellent. I broke the quick connect pins off my 81 a few years ago and they sent me a brand new one, even though it was long out of warranty and the damage was entirely my fault.

• Members

• Members

• Members

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. {censored} is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.

• Members

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. {censored} is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

View Post

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. Shit is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.

I have tried the Dominion and these Het's are significantly tighter and more articulate. They dont have the low end of the Dominion and they have a lot more output. Definitely different pickups. I dug the Dominion as well though

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

View Post

Ive been super curious about the het set, too....but since Ive only got 1 guitar, and it doesnt have EMGs anymore, Im not going back to them. Maybe when I get my SV-II. At any rate, dimarzio dominion is my new go to pup, as of late summer ish time. Shit is awesome. Tight like an EMG, but quieter, lower output, and clearer with less sterile tone and feel.

I have tried the Dominion and these Het's are significantly tighter and more articulate. They dont have the low end of the Dominion and they have a lot more output. Definitely different pickups. I dug the Dominion as well though

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

Word. I prefer the dominion WORLDS above the 81 I had in the guitar before. I think Im getting more into the medium output pickup thing, and I definitely dig the feel and dynamics of passives more than actives. But I dunno...itd still be cool to have a guitar with actives.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

Word. I prefer the dominion WORLDS above the 81 I had in the guitar before. I think Im getting more into the medium output pickup thing, and I definitely dig the feel and dynamics of passives more than actives. But I dunno...itd still be cool to have a guitar with actives.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

Want. They look kind of odd in there with the cream though. I'd take off the pickguard and toggle ring and change the pickup rings to black.

In person , they don't look that much different than a stock , chrome pickup

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

Want. They look kind of odd in there with the cream though. I'd take off the pickguard and toggle ring and change the pickup rings to black.

In person , they don't look that much different than a stock , chrome pickup

Archived