Just made a low ball bid on a Class 5

thom

• Members

One of the earlier ones, and it suffers from some sort of rattling noise.

So I'm not even sure how much I should've offered, for all I know it can't be fixed, or at least not cheap:s

It's supposed to be a late christmas gift to my buddy, who's sorta goin' though a rough patch. Actually, it's worse than that, but I cant eleborate, and it's beside the point anyway.

So he wants to learn to learn to play. He inherited a {censored}ty bolt-on ibanez les paul copy from his dad, and asked me for amp advice. Told him to trade in the guitar for an acoustic if he can't spend at least $100, which he can't. He insist on playing electric though, which I can relate to I guess. So now I found the ad for this Class5, which I assume should be dirt cheap considering the already low used prices for the newer mint condition versions.

Anyway, I figured from the clips&reviews this might be a decent practice amp, especially for a noobsmile.gif Amirite? Or should I steer clear from this 3 year old model, even if I manage to fix the noise issue? I'm broke myself right now too, or at least too broke to give $150 presents to friends...So I'm not sure it's wise to blow any money at all on a broken amp:s

• Members

I think I've got one with the infamous rattle issues, and mhonestly, it doesn't really bother me. It's a practice amp, it does it's job. If you want pristine cleans and tight brootz, look elsewhere, but for a cool sounding (provided you like Marshall tones) little amp, it's fine.

• Members

I think I've got one with the infamous rattle issues, and mhonestly, it doesn't really bother me. It's a practice amp, it does it's job. If you want pristine cleans and tight brootz, look elsewhere, but for a cool sounding (provided you like Marshall tones) little amp, it's fine.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thom

View Post

So I'm not even sure how much I should've offered, for all I know it can be fixed, or at least not cheap:s

It's supposed to be a late christmas gift to my buddy, who's sorta goin' though a rough patch. Actually, it's worse than that, but I cant eleborate, and it's beside the point anyway.

So he wants to learn to learn to play. He inherited a {censored}ty bolt-on ibanez les paul copy from his dad, and asked me for amp advice. Told him to trade in the guitar for an acoustic if he can't spend at least $100, which he can't. He insist on playing electric though, which I can relate to I guess. So now I found the ad for this Class5, which I assume should be dirt cheap considering the already low used prices for the newer mint condition versions.

Anyway, I figured from the clips&reviews this might be a decent practice amp, especially for a noobsmile.gif Amirite? Or should I steer clear from this 3 year old model, even if I manage to fix the noise issue? I'm broke myself right now too, or at least too broke to give $150 presents to friends...So I'm not sure it's wise to blow any money at all on a broken amp:s

The rattle isn't a sign that it's broken, it was a design issue. Don't know what fixes it, but I gather that it would not bother most people even if they didn't fix it. $150 would be amazing. I would be tempted to buy it at THAT price, even tho I don't WANT another amp. smile.gif

By the way, Fenders have bolt-on necks too. They have for many years. smile.gif

It's kind of you to want to help a guy in need. That'll pay you back eventually.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thom

View Post

So I'm not even sure how much I should've offered, for all I know it can be fixed, or at least not cheap:s

The rattle isn't a sign that it's broken, it was a design issue. Don't know what fixes it, but I gather that it would not bother most people even if they didn't fix it. $150 would be amazing. I would be tempted to buy it at THAT price, even tho I don't WANT another amp. smile.gif

It's kind of you to want to help a guy in need. That'll pay you back eventually.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bbutler123

View Post

Hehe, I'm a fender guy myself, I just meant the guitar is a cheap and badly abused piece of {censored}, and happens to be a bolt-on les Paul copy, which is usually a sign of the overal value. Might still be a okay beginner's instrument after a good setup I guess though, it's not like he can afford something else.

As far as the rattle noise goes: If it's indeed the infamous design issue you guys are refering to rather than something else malfunctioning: I'm grabbing this thing for $125. Thanks for the replies. And the kind wordssmile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bbutler123

View Post

Hehe, I'm a fender guy myself, I just meant the guitar is a cheap and badly abused piece of {censored}, and happens to be a bolt-on les Paul copy, which is usually a sign of the overal value. Might still be a okay beginner's instrument after a good setup I guess though, it's not like he can afford something else.

As far as the rattle noise goes: If it's indeed the infamous design issue you guys are refering to rather than something else malfunctioning: I'm grabbing this thing for $125. Thanks for the replies. And the kind wordssmile.gif

Archived