No announcement yet.

new speakers for my VT-22

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new speakers for my VT-22

I have a 60's Ampeg VT-22 that had celestion G12T-75's in it. After many years of use, they finally blew. I hooked it up to a different cab and I got sound, so I know its just the speakers. Im looking for something better than the celestions I had in it. I have been looking at some Weber Legacy series, but i was wondering what you guys would think would be best for clear headroom, more than anything else.

I normally run my amp around 4 or 4.5 and when used with drive pedals, it can get a bit louder than that at practice. do you think its necessary to move up to 100 watt speakers?
    good deals:
    HC [BloodBros, chuckmehh, Dirteye, Epinerphrine, fender bender01, fruvai, Guitarsignals, Jim_Hunter, kano2864212, korgi, ManFromMars, nmcbain, orange worker, Rgkchile, slufay]
    TGP [Galapogos17, LorClev1089, samhambone, Tattoedsailor]
    TB [Darkrising, fightthepower]

HOT DIRT!

do you run your amp clean? or do you drive it with dirt pedals?
    sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
    skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

I think mine has Altec Lansings in them.
      He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally Posted by Dolf

Decode: saying the things you wish you could say but you have tact.

Good deals with: I forget

Strat>LTD SR>Verbzilla>DT-10>VT-22

For Sale: OHNOHO Chk Chk Boom ($40)

Comment

yeah, i run it clean and drive it with a spaceman rumblefuzz & a soul kitchen 30db boost (but never get anywhere past 1 or 2 on its volume control, otherwise its just way too loud).
        good deals:
        HC [BloodBros, chuckmehh, Dirteye, Epinerphrine, fender bender01, fruvai, Guitarsignals, Jim_Hunter, kano2864212, korgi, ManFromMars, nmcbain, orange worker, Rgkchile, slufay]
        TGP [Galapogos17, LorClev1089, samhambone, Tattoedsailor]
        TB [Darkrising, fightthepower]

HOT DIRT!

Comment

Working...
        X