Modern Metal is horrible!

The Rossness

• Members

In college, one of my music professors, he should be dead from all the Acid he's done, says that any sound is music. While we may not care for it, no musical genre is bad. He made us listen to the experimental machine/ techno from the 30's which he loved. It was a perfect example of garbage.

But I try and listen to modern heavy metal. I can appreciate the musicianship but I have to disagree with my former professor. I just don't get it. Its musical garbage! And that's not to say every single band is bad. I'm sure some of the bands are good, but I just don't understand the low tunings that all sound the same- what guys on the forums call BROOTALZ or DJent. To me, it sounds like a bad imitation of pantera that should have died long ago. How many times can you hit the low strings dude?

and the singers. WTF?????? yes, doing good gutteral vocals isn't easy. I understand, but growling like a pissed off doberman isn't music! Killswitch engage almost has it right and adds actual singing. Holy cow, what a concept!

I like the drummers. I think the double bass sounds really cool. I'd like to see more jazz drummers incorporate blast beats into their drumlines.

And where are the horns? why is it all so generic? What gives? The music just isn't music.

and no, this thread isn't a troll. I just hate the majority of modern metal I hear. Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness View Post
Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

You don't like modern metal, fine.

Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness View Post
Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

You don't like modern metal, fine.

Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.

Archived