Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Metal is horrible!

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76






    Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
    View Post

    I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.



    You don't like modern metal, fine.



    Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.




    Yep. I think Steel Panther sounds really good for a modern '80s hair metal band.



    But from only reading this far in the thread it does sound like he's musically stuck in the '80s. If it's more for the disdain of growling vocals, I understand that perfectly well. But fortunately there are also bands around without that vocal style, and I can stand a few with it.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

    Comment


    • #77






      Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
      View Post

      I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.



      You don't like modern metal, fine.



      Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.




      Yep. I think Steel Panther sounds really good for a modern '80s hair metal band.



      But from only reading this far in the thread it does sound like he's musically stuck in the '80s. If it's more for the disdain of growling vocals, I understand that perfectly well. But fortunately there are also bands around without that vocal style, and I can stand a few with it.
      __________________________________________________ ________
      Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

      Comment


      • #78






        Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA
        View Post

        Yeah, because given their musical and lyrical content, bands like Cannibal Corpse and Nile would sound just fine having melodic vocals. /sarcasm



        On a serious note, melodic vocals can sound ****************ty too.




        True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked ) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.



        I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it.
        __________________________________________________ ________
        Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

        Comment


        • #79






          Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA
          View Post

          Yeah, because given their musical and lyrical content, bands like Cannibal Corpse and Nile would sound just fine having melodic vocals. /sarcasm



          On a serious note, melodic vocals can sound ****************ty too.




          True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked ) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.



          I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it.
          __________________________________________________ ________
          Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

          Comment


          • #80
            **************** YOU OP






            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6LsJFbXFw
            If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

            Comment


            • #81
              **************** YOU OP







              If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

              Comment


              • #82






                Quote Originally Posted by wok
                View Post





                Another perfect example. Its just not music Being juvenile doesn't help your cause.

                PS- I'm not into having sex with men, but if we must, please use protection and plenty of lube.
                I Love Charvels

                ~Good Deals~
                (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
                (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
                (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
                (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
                (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

                Proud MTS User

                Peace, Love & Rossness

                Comment


                • #83






                  Quote Originally Posted by wok
                  View Post

                  **************** YOU OP











                  Another perfect example. Its just not music Being juvenile doesn't help your cause.

                  PS- I'm not into having sex with men, but if we must, please use protection and plenty of lube.
                  I Love Charvels

                  ~Good Deals~
                  (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
                  (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
                  (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
                  (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
                  (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

                  Proud MTS User

                  Peace, Love & Rossness

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    This might be more to your liking.






                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y6MTcUNYrs

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      This might be more to your liking.







                      Comment


                      • #86
                        over/under on skullets in this thread: 1.5



                        i'm betting the over.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          over/under on skullets in this thread: 1.5



                          i'm betting the over.

                          Comment


                          • #88






                            Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica
                            View Post

                            True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked ) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.



                            I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it.




                            Well,to be fair, quite a few of my favorite death metal vocalists are pretty decipherable. If any metal subgenre needs a good ragging, it's lame-ass stoner metal.
                            GUITARS:
                            Ibanez UV777BK - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze SC middle/Blaze neck
                            Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze neck
                            Gibson Les Paul Studio - stock
                            Squier Stagemaster - EMG 81s

                            AMPS & CAB:
                            Marshall JVM 210H
                            Marshall JCM 900 4100 (modded)
                            Marshall 1960B (G12T-75 / Hellatone 30 X-Pattern)

                            PEDALS:
                            Boss TU-2
                            Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                            Maxon OD808
                            MXR Phase 90
                            Boss CH-1
                            Digitech Turbo Flange
                            Boss NS-2
                            Hardwire DL-8
                            Blackstar HT-DistX







                            Originally Posted by Pepi


                            Short 100 bucks **************** YOU OBAMA

                            Comment


                            • #89






                              Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica
                              View Post

                              True. But usually the more indecipherable growl-based vocals of some bands just distract from the music IMO. But I dig Nile, and I don't listen to something like Cannibal Corpse (a band I've always liked ) unless I'm in the mood for that extreme of music & vocals.



                              I checked out a Firewind video BTW. While the lyrics were clear and the vocals talented, I'd about take Cookie over it.




                              Well,to be fair, quite a few of my favorite death metal vocalists are pretty decipherable. If any metal subgenre needs a good ragging, it's lame-ass stoner metal.
                              GUITARS:
                              Ibanez UV777BK - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze SC middle/Blaze neck
                              Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 bridge, Blaze neck
                              Gibson Les Paul Studio - stock
                              Squier Stagemaster - EMG 81s

                              AMPS & CAB:
                              Marshall JVM 210H
                              Marshall JCM 900 4100 (modded)
                              Marshall 1960B (G12T-75 / Hellatone 30 X-Pattern)

                              PEDALS:
                              Boss TU-2
                              Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                              Maxon OD808
                              MXR Phase 90
                              Boss CH-1
                              Digitech Turbo Flange
                              Boss NS-2
                              Hardwire DL-8
                              Blackstar HT-DistX







                              Originally Posted by Pepi


                              Short 100 bucks **************** YOU OBAMA

                              Comment


                              • #90






                                Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness
                                View Post

                                Another perfect example. Its just not music Being juvenile doesn't help your cause.

                                PS- I'm not into having sex with men, but if we must, please use protection and plenty of lube.




                                It is music. Just because you dont like it/ get it doesnt make it any less so. Now move over grandpa
                                If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X