Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Modern Metal is horrible!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Modern Metal is horrible!

    In college, one of my music professors, he should be dead from all the Acid he's done, says that any sound is music. While we may not care for it, no musical genre is bad. He made us listen to the experimental machine/ techno from the 30's which he loved. It was a perfect example of garbage.



    But I try and listen to modern heavy metal. I can appreciate the musicianship but I have to disagree with my former professor. I just don't get it. Its musical garbage! And that's not to say every single band is bad. I'm sure some of the bands are good, but I just don't understand the low tunings that all sound the same- what guys on the forums call BROOTALZ or DJent. To me, it sounds like a bad imitation of pantera that should have died long ago. How many times can you hit the low strings dude?



    and the singers. WTF?????? yes, doing good gutteral vocals isn't easy. I understand, but growling like a pissed off doberman isn't music! Killswitch engage almost has it right and adds actual singing. Holy cow, what a concept!



    I like the drummers. I think the double bass sounds really cool. I'd like to see more jazz drummers incorporate blast beats into their drumlines.



    And where are the horns? why is it all so generic? What gives? The music just isn't music.



    and no, this thread isn't a troll. I just hate the majority of modern metal I hear. Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

    _________________
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="5"><font color="purple">I </font></font> <font size="6"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="royalblue">Love</font></font></font> <b><font size="5"><font color="magenta"><font color="darkorange"><font face="Georgia">Charvels</font></font></font></font></b><br />
    <br />
    <font face="Franklin Gothic Medium"><font color="SeaGreen"><font size="6">~Good Deals~</font><br />
    (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres<br />
    (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman<br />
    (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers<br />
    (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol<br />
    (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK</font></font><br />
    <br />
    Proud MTS User<br />
    <br />
    <font color="Indigo">Peace, Love &amp; Rossness</font><br />
    <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/blah.gif" border="0" alt="" title="blah" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/blah.gif" border="0" alt="" title="blah" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/blah.gif" border="0" alt="" title="blah" class="inlineimg" /></div>

  • #2
    god, just shut the **************** up.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="7"><font color="deepskyblue"><font color="black"><font size="3"><font face="Arial"><b>the world is one big fist fight.<br />
    <br />
    </b></font></font></font></font></font><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>duncan</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=46572620#post46572620" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rear Naked</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=47312019#post47312019" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> </div>

    Comment


    • #3
      god, just shut the **************** up.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="7"><font color="deepskyblue"><font color="black"><font size="3"><font face="Arial"><b>the world is one big fist fight.<br />
      <br />
      </b></font></font></font></font></font><div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>duncan</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=46572620#post46572620" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message">I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rear Naked</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=47312019#post47312019" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message">I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> </div>

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness
        View Post

        Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

        _________________




        I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.



        You don't like modern metal, fine.



        Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> <br />
        <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
        Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
        </font><br />
        <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by The Rossness
          View Post

          Its refreshing to hear a modern band like Steel Panther or Firewind. Guys who are actually musical.

          _________________




          I almost cared about your thoughts until this point.



          You don't like modern metal, fine.



          Just say you miss the 80s. Its ok. Well, no, its not, but really, its sorta ok, at least around here.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <br />
          <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
          </font><br />
          <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
            View Post

            god, just shut the **************** up.




            </thread>
            <div class="signaturecontainer">-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_<br />
            <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Dew Knot Hump</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=366814#post366814" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.</div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>rickenvox</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=33381629#post33381629" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots</div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>PFB</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=33386390#post33386390" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.</div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> </div>

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
              View Post

              god, just shut the **************** up.




              </thread>
              <div class="signaturecontainer">-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_<br />
              <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Dew Knot Hump</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=366814#post366814" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>rickenvox</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=33381629#post33381629" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>PFB</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=33386390#post33386390" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> </div>

              Comment


              • #8
                BUT WHERE ARE THE HORNS
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="System">GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!</font></div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  BUT WHERE ARE THE HORNS
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="System">GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!</font></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR
                    View Post

                    BUT WHERE ARE THE HORNS




                    SKA BROOTZ!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote">
                    <div class="quote_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
                    <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                    </div>
                    <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                    </div>
                    </div>
                    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote">
                    <div class="quote_container">
                    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
                    <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                    </div>
                    <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

                    </div>
                    </div>
                    </div> <br />
                    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
                    Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
                    </font><br />
                    <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR
                      View Post

                      BUT WHERE ARE THE HORNS




                      SKA BROOTZ!
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> <br />
                      <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
                      <br />
                      <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
                      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
                      </font><br />
                      <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        +1 to the OP ... ****************ing Cobain
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote">
                        <div class="quote_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Murdoch</strong>
                        <a href="showthread.php?p=44614536#post44614536" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                        </div>
                        <div class="message">That's what you get for putting a goddamned Floyd on a Lester. ****************************.</div>

                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div> </div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          +1 to the OP ... ****************ing Cobain
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote">
                          <div class="quote_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Murdoch</strong>
                          <a href="showthread.php?p=44614536#post44614536" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                          </div>
                          <div class="message">That's what you get for putting a goddamned Floyd on a Lester. ****************************.</div>

                          </div>
                          </div>
                          </div> </div>

                          Comment


                          • #14


                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy0Ass-EoPc





                            here's your horns in modern (like 6 years ago) metal
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="System">GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!</font></div>

                            Comment


                            • #15








                              here's your horns in modern (like 6 years ago) metal
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="System">GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!</font></div>

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X