Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was... okay. The trailers looked boring as ****************, so the movie was a pleasant surprise in that regard. But it's just kind of dramatically slack: there's no big plot arc, not much happens, they just walk around and do various **************** for 3 hours and it just ends with a tease for the next film.

Not a fan of the high frame rate, it didn't look like a movie and was endlessly distracting.

Comment

• I thought it was... okay. The trailers looked boring as ****************, so the movie was a pleasant surprise in that regard. But it's just kind of dramatically slack: there's no big plot arc, not much happens, they just walk around and do various **************** for 3 hours and it just ends with a tease for the next film.

Not a fan of the high frame rate, it didn't look like a movie and was endlessly distracting.

Comment

• It saddens me to hear he has used so much cgi. This is coming from a man who has/had the record for using the most real blood in a movie ever. I was born in Nz and a huge horror fan so I grew up loving Peter Jackson. But one thing he always failed on was story. Lotr was a story for him but hobbit has givin him room to write his own story in which appears to be a bad point. I've not seen it yet though

Comment

• It saddens me to hear he has used so much cgi. This is coming from a man who has/had the record for using the most real blood in a movie ever. I was born in Nz and a huge horror fan so I grew up loving Peter Jackson. But one thing he always failed on was story. Lotr was a story for him but hobbit has givin him room to write his own story in which appears to be a bad point. I've not seen it yet though

Comment

• From the comments about HFR, I'm glad I made the decision to see it in 3d/24FPS. I've also seen it in regular 2D/24FPS. I don't think the 3D added much to the movie at all but I'm damned if I wanted to see that 'gliding' across the screen effect that HFR seems to add.

All you Radagast haters can suck it though.....justice is done for not including him in LotR
            SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

• From the comments about HFR, I'm glad I made the decision to see it in 3d/24FPS. I've also seen it in regular 2D/24FPS. I don't think the 3D added much to the movie at all but I'm damned if I wanted to see that 'gliding' across the screen effect that HFR seems to add.

All you Radagast haters can suck it though.....justice is done for not including him in LotR
              SPAM (paypal, shipped and insured to lwr48):

N'OWT!

Originally Posted by NICE47

**************** and mother****************ing tits, I kind of just want some mother****************ing clips

Comment

• I saw it in 3d HFR. I didn't really enjoy Jackson's direction with it, but then I haven't been a huge fan of a lot of his movies. HFR helped the 3d effect give me less of a headache than it usually does, but made the whole thing feel very different to a normal movie. It felt like you were watching a TV programme, just on a bigger screen. I'm not sure it will take off, to me it actually made the experience less immersive as a movie. I can see it working on something that is 100% CGI though, like a Pixar movie.
                Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
                ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

• I saw it in 3d HFR. I didn't really enjoy Jackson's direction with it, but then I haven't been a huge fan of a lot of his movies. HFR helped the 3d effect give me less of a headache than it usually does, but made the whole thing feel very different to a normal movie. It felt like you were watching a TV programme, just on a bigger screen. I'm not sure it will take off, to me it actually made the experience less immersive as a movie. I can see it working on something that is 100% CGI though, like a Pixar movie.
                  Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

strtdv has wisdom.

Originally Posted by Tralfaz

Oh crap. The key just cae loose off y laptop keyboard.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm Okay, it's fixed now.

LANEY POSSE .................................................. ..... Good deals with: bennyg85, gambit, jo_to_2, Free the Guilty, woolyh
                  ORANGE CONGLOMERATE

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                    View Post

I'm curious what you guys think of it. I feel like this story is almost completely an invention of Jackson. For example, one of the main characters, the white Orc, is never even mentioned once in the book. Yet he is a large part of the movie.

That's not what really bothered me though. What really bothered me is that this movie must be 90% CGI. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I felt like I was watching a Pixar animated movie. The CGI didn't blend with the live action well either, and it just gave the whole movie a fake, almost cartoony quality. Directors are just going overboard these days. Though LOTR had a lot of CGI, it also had enough live action to make the whole thing seem much more realistic.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

I was disappointed.

First, dashing dwarves? WTF?

Second, they strayed too far away from the narrative trying to make the dialog more familiar for the average viewer.

Third, CGI fail.

And finally, yeah, the whole white Orc thing was BS.
                    Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                      View Post

I'm curious what you guys think of it. I feel like this story is almost completely an invention of Jackson. For example, one of the main characters, the white Orc, is never even mentioned once in the book. Yet he is a large part of the movie.

That's not what really bothered me though. What really bothered me is that this movie must be 90% CGI. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I felt like I was watching a Pixar animated movie. The CGI didn't blend with the live action well either, and it just gave the whole movie a fake, almost cartoony quality. Directors are just going overboard these days. Though LOTR had a lot of CGI, it also had enough live action to make the whole thing seem much more realistic.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

I was disappointed.

First, dashing dwarves? WTF?

Second, they strayed too far away from the narrative trying to make the dialog more familiar for the average viewer.

Third, CGI fail.

And finally, yeah, the whole white Orc thing was BS.
                      Originally Posted by LoopQuantumIt would never work. You're in outerspace, and breathing is a bitch.Originally Posted by BrendanOThere is something very wrong with a situation when I'd rather sleep with the naked cowboy.Vice President o' teh boosted midz clubGreat deals with; ENdtime, OverDriven, outforblood

Comment

• Ohhhh, and Radagast. Yeah, Jar-Jar the Brown is about right.

Comment

• Ohhhh, and Radagast. Yeah, Jar-Jar the Brown is about right.

Comment

• Major dissappointment for me
                            PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
                            Athée intégriste

Comment

• Major dissappointment for me
                              PLAY

Alternate tunings blog

Indépendantiste Québecois
                              Athée intégriste

Comment

• I saw it in IMAX 3D (non HFR).

I enjoyed it. The effects were not jarring and the 3d was superb.

I also have to LOL at guys who complain about too much CGI in movies about alternate worlds inhabited by orcs, elves, giant spiders, goblins, and dragons.

Comment

Working...
                                X