Just saw The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by blargh
    View Post

As far as I know, you can turn the motion smoothing processing off on all those TVs.

This. I facepalm hard at people who leave high fps/true motion /whatever the **************** settings on
    great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
    SG ARMY

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by blargh
      View Post

As far as I know, you can turn the motion smoothing processing off on all those TVs.

This. I facepalm hard at people who leave high fps/true motion /whatever the **************** settings on
      great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
      SG ARMY

Comment

• Finally saw it and...I thought it was a good movie. The 3D seemed expertly done...very few gimmicks.

I thought Martin Freeman (Bilbo) was fantastic....he seemed to have the perfect expressions and phrasing almost every time. Richard Armitage (Thorin) seemed to over-emote just a bit. Other characters just fine. Christopher Lee still going strong at 105 years old!

My only problem is that sometimes the CGI/cinematography was just a little too glazy and glossy. I suppose they wanted Middle Earth to look different than Earth?

Did not have problems with "Falling Stairs Syndrome" lol. But I felt the film suffered from "Good guy with pistol is better than bad guy with machine gun" syndrome. I do not know who anyone could survive the Rockmen battle. Or THAT many goblins in the cave. Even the orcs. Thorin was in the jaws of a hellbeast AND took several wacks from White Orc dude...and he had...a scratch...on his nose. I know...I know...it's a "fantasy".

Good guys are better with swords than bad guys are with swords?

But all in all...good movie fun!

Comment

• Finally saw it and...I thought it was a good movie. The 3D seemed expertly done...very few gimmicks.

I thought Martin Freeman (Bilbo) was fantastic....he seemed to have the perfect expressions and phrasing almost every time. Richard Armitage (Thorin) seemed to over-emote just a bit. Other characters just fine. Christopher Lee still going strong at 105 years old!

My only problem is that sometimes the CGI/cinematography was just a little too glazy and glossy. I suppose they wanted Middle Earth to look different than Earth?

Did not have problems with "Falling Stairs Syndrome" lol. But I felt the film suffered from "Good guy with pistol is better than bad guy with machine gun" syndrome. I do not know who anyone could survive the Rockmen battle. Or THAT many goblins in the cave. Even the orcs. Thorin was in the jaws of a hellbeast AND took several wacks from White Orc dude...and he had...a scratch...on his nose. I know...I know...it's a "fantasy".

Comment

• Saw it, loved it. Loved the 3D 48fps....hope all movies are run like that in the future.

Comment

• Saw it, loved it. Loved the 3D 48fps....hope all movies are run like that in the future.

Comment

• I enjoyed it. For some reason it ****************ing blew my gfs mind. She hasn't seen LOTR so I'm forcing her to watch the extended editions with me.
                Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

• I enjoyed it. For some reason it ****************ing blew my gfs mind. She hasn't seen LOTR so I'm forcing her to watch the extended editions with me.
                  Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp
                    View Post

Finally saw it and...I thought it was a good movie. The 3D seemed expertly done...very few gimmicks.

Martin Freeman was good, but i kept thinking "when is he going to say hes Arthur Dent?" i enjoyed it, but his acting reminded me too much of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Similar roles though, i suppose.

and Christopher Lee isnt 105...hes like 91.
                    LUCIAN SCOTT : THORNS AND LIES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW!
                    http://www.myspace.com/lucianscott

http://www.soundclick.com/kisforkate

Gear :
                    ESP LTD Alexi Scythe
                    Jackson RR3
                    Music Man Sub 1
                    Jackson DX10 Dinky
                    Schecter Hellraiser FR
                    Pod XT Live
                    Peavey Rockmaster (Broken)
                    Peavey Classic 120
                    Sansamp PSA-1
                    Mesa Single Rectifier
                    Peavey Ultra Plus
                    Marshall JCM800 4x12
                    Laney AOR 4x12

Good Business With : Shreder75; Drucifer; Juggernaut; mc_carlini

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp
                      View Post

Finally saw it and...I thought it was a good movie. The 3D seemed expertly done...very few gimmicks.

Martin Freeman was good, but i kept thinking "when is he going to say hes Arthur Dent?" i enjoyed it, but his acting reminded me too much of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Similar roles though, i suppose.

and Christopher Lee isnt 105...hes like 91.
                      LUCIAN SCOTT : THORNS AND LIES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW!
                      http://www.myspace.com/lucianscott

http://www.soundclick.com/kisforkate

Gear :
                      ESP LTD Alexi Scythe
                      Jackson RR3
                      Music Man Sub 1
                      Jackson DX10 Dinky
                      Schecter Hellraiser FR
                      Pod XT Live
                      Peavey Rockmaster (Broken)
                      Peavey Classic 120
                      Sansamp PSA-1
                      Mesa Single Rectifier
                      Peavey Ultra Plus
                      Marshall JCM800 4x12
                      Laney AOR 4x12

Good Business With : Shreder75; Drucifer; Juggernaut; mc_carlini

Comment

Working...
                      X