How do you cure GAS ?

sir riff a lot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Find something else to save your money for that's more important, or that will keep you from looking. Saving for a car did it for me, temporarily.

The biggest thing is to stop looking, If you look for something to want, your going to find it.

• Members

Find something else to save your money for that's more important, or that will keep you from looking. Saving for a car did it for me, temporarily.

The biggest thing is to stop looking, If you look for something to want, your going to find it.

• Members

I have been asking myself the same question. I am seemingly always selling gear, looking at new stuff, and buying {censored} either new or used. I spend way too much time and money on gear and I think I actually spend more time looking for and buying gear than actually playing guitar.

One thing that has helped me is stopping myself from selling my gear. Even if it is stuff I don't use, I just keep it. I only have so much room anyway and having a ton of gear at my disposal tends to slow down my GAS for new stuff.

• Members

I have been asking myself the same question. I am seemingly always selling gear, looking at new stuff, and buying {censored} either new or used. I spend way too much time and money on gear and I think I actually spend more time looking for and buying gear than actually playing guitar.

One thing that has helped me is stopping myself from selling my gear. Even if it is stuff I don't use, I just keep it. I only have so much room anyway and having a ton of gear at my disposal tends to slow down my GAS for new stuff.

• Members

I'm resigned to buying pedals. I'm happy with my amps and guitars. So, I'm not shopping for much of anything. But I always have my eye out for good deals. Also, I do see a drumset in my future.

There are other interests to take care of this year like getting a new road bike and paying what little debt I have off.

Debt free is for me.

• Members

I'm resigned to buying pedals. I'm happy with my amps and guitars. So, I'm not shopping for much of anything. But I always have my eye out for good deals. Also, I do see a drumset in my future.

There are other interests to take care of this year like getting a new road bike and paying what little debt I have off.

Debt free is for me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H

View Post

Yep, and that can include perusing threads regarding other people's new gear days. biggrin.gif

Another possible cure: Find songs to work on front to back and/or notice how some of the awesome playing and recording guys such as Ola can make nearly any amp sound great, which sort of diminishes the need to find the ultimate tone.

Also, try to make sure your current gear is set up as well as possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H

View Post

Yep, and that can include perusing threads regarding other people's new gear days. biggrin.gif

Another possible cure: Find songs to work on front to back and/or notice how some of the awesome playing and recording guys such as Ola can make nearly any amp sound great, which sort of diminishes the need to find the ultimate tone.

Also, try to make sure your current gear is set up as well as possible.

Archived