Who's boosting a really nice amp with an el-cheapo pedal?

draelyc

• Members

Just on a whim yesterday when I had a 20 minute window to play a bit (see my other recent thread smile.gif ), I through my Bad Monkey in front of my Plexi reissue ~ not bad! Not as pristine or "classy" as my Banzai Fireball, but some really nice rock tones, tbh.

Anybody else have good luck w/ great amps + bargain basement pedals?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I paid $35 for my Dano CTO-1 (Timmy clone) before they redesigned the circuit. Hands down best bang for your buck boost opportunity ever, at least when they were fresh on the market. That said, the CTO-2 is cheap as hell and clips I've heard sound just as good or better than CTO-1.

• Members

I paid $35 for my Dano CTO-1 (Timmy clone) before they redesigned the circuit. Hands down best bang for your buck boost opportunity ever, at least when they were fresh on the market. That said, the CTO-2 is cheap as hell and clips I've heard sound just as good or better than CTO-1.

• Members

Already mentioned but the only drives I own at the moment are the MXR Classic OD, CC Transparent OD, and CC Drive. All of them sound great.

Yes, the MXR was cheap but to be fair, the rap is that it is actually the Zakk Wylde and GT-OD in one pedal. There is a switch inside to go between the two modes.

• Members

Already mentioned but the only drives I own at the moment are the MXR Classic OD, CC Transparent OD, and CC Drive. All of them sound great.

Yes, the MXR was cheap but to be fair, the rap is that it is actually the Zakk Wylde and GT-OD in one pedal. There is a switch inside to go between the two modes.

Archived