Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's boosting a really nice amp with an el-cheapo pedal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's boosting a really nice amp with an el-cheapo pedal?

Just on a whim yesterday when I had a 20 minute window to play a bit (see my other recent thread ), I through my Bad Monkey in front of my Plexi reissue ~ not bad! Not as pristine or "classy" as my Banzai Fireball, but some really nice rock tones, tbh.

Anybody else have good luck w/ great amps + bargain basement pedals?
    Originally Posted by nightflameauto

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

Originally Posted by draelyc

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

Hardvalve is like Nelo without the class or intelligence.
    Think about that and try not to get an aneurysm from it.

BLOG!
    TUNES!

I really like boosting with an ibanez thrash pedal. Sounds so mean...

You can pick em up for $15 used. Their switch is **************** though. Tapdance style.
    Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

I really like boosting with an ibanez thrash pedal. Sounds so mean...

You can pick em up for $15 used. Their switch is **************** though. Tapdance style.
      Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

^^^ That's what I'm talkin' about!

You'd think the guy that argues faith as logic would let us all believe in the unicorn.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here posting to you. You're locked up in here posting to me.

I'm helping you, for the future. This way, instead of humping life's doorknobs, you'll perhaps someday open one.

BLOG!
        TUNES!

Comment

^^^ That's what I'm talkin' about!

BLOG!
          TUNES!

Comment

I had an MXR classic OD that sounded awesome with that 1987. Gave it away because someone needed it more than me but it was solid as heck.

Comment

I had an MXR classic OD that sounded awesome with that 1987. Gave it away because someone needed it more than me but it was solid as heck.

Comment

I paid $35 for my Dano CTO-1 (Timmy clone) before they redesigned the circuit. Hands down best bang for your buck boost opportunity ever, at least when they were fresh on the market. That said, the CTO-2 is cheap as hell and clips I've heard sound just as good or better than CTO-1.
                Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

I paid $35 for my Dano CTO-1 (Timmy clone) before they redesigned the circuit. Hands down best bang for your buck boost opportunity ever, at least when they were fresh on the market. That said, the CTO-2 is cheap as hell and clips I've heard sound just as good or better than CTO-1.
                  Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                  Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

I am!

An SD-1 in front of a Splawn.
                    YouTube Video: Children of the Damned (Band: Children of the Damned in Berkeley - 2009)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquPPpKC9XA

YouTube Video: Hot for Teacher (Band: Overdrive) - Dans Bar in Walnut Creek (2006)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyw--8L7tig[/

Comment

I am!

An SD-1 in front of a Splawn.
                      YouTube Video: Children of the Damned (Band: Children of the Damned in Berkeley - 2009)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquPPpKC9XA

YouTube Video: Hot for Teacher (Band: Overdrive) - Dans Bar in Walnut Creek (2006)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyw--8L7tig[/

Comment

Bad Monkey!
                        Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Bad Monkey!
                          Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

I've got a CoolCat version 1 that wasn't an expensive pedal but it kicks total ass
                            MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I've got a CoolCat version 1 that wasn't an expensive pedal but it kicks total ass
                              MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Working...
                              X