BEST GRAPHICS CARD TODAY?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179
    View Post

Crack. You're on it. The 360 is tapped the **************** out these days. It's not capable of DX11, or any of the graphics niceties that come along with it, and there's significant frame-rate chunk on modern gen games. What's more, most games are locked to 720p and 30fps because that's all the 360's capable of.

It has 48 unified shaders, tessellation support, and has 10MB of integrated eDRAM. In raw speed it's not as fast as the 8800GTX(PC), but anything programmed for the Xbox360 will be much more optimized than a PC counterpart. The PS3's "RSX" is quite literally a 7900GT clocked to 550MHz with only 8 ROPs. While it would sound as if the PS3 would be at a disadvantage graphically, this is not the case when used correctly as the Cell is very capable of taking on rendering tasks as well, almost like a second GPU.These cores are highly optomised for use on there set platform. If a game has crappy graphix its mostly because of the game developer,not the console.
    " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

View Post

Crack. You're on it. The 360 is tapped the **************** out these days. It's not capable of DX11, or any of the graphics niceties that come along with it, and there's significant frame-rate chunk on modern gen games. What's more, most games are locked to 720p and 30fps because that's all the 360's capable of.

It has 48 unified shaders, tessellation support, and has 10MB of integrated eDRAM. In raw speed it's not as fast as the 8800GTX(PC), but anything programmed for the Xbox360 will be much more optimized than a PC counterpart. The PS3's "RSX" is quite literally a 7900GT clocked to 550MHz with only 8 ROPs. While it would sound as if the PS3 would be at a disadvantage graphically, this is not the case when used correctly as the Cell is very capable of taking on rendering tasks as well, almost like a second GPU.These cores are highly optomised for use on there set platform. If a game has crappy graphix its mostly because of the game developer,not the console.
      " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness
        View Post

It has 48 unified shaders, tessellation support, and has 10MB of integrated eDRAM. In raw speed it's not as fast as the 8800GTX(PC), but anything programmed for the Xbox360 will be much more optimized than a PC counterpart. The PS3's "RSX" is quite literally a 7900GT clocked to 550MHz with only 8 ROPs. While it would sound as if the PS3 would be at a disadvantage graphically, this is not the case when used correctly as the Cell is very capable of taking on rendering tasks as well, almost like a second GPU.These cores are highly optomised for use on there set platform.

48 unified shaders. Fantastic. My old 560ti had 448 shader cores, and my 670's have quite a few more than that, with 3gb of ram. It's also capable of actual 1080p (and far beyond with an IPS panel), AA, vertex tessellation, and a whole bunch more the 360 struggles with. Advances in gaming graphics have plateaued because developers have to write for a 7-year old platform, and the PC suffers as a result.
        1975 Gibson Grabber
        2002 G&L L-2000
        2001 SWR Mo'Bass
        Ampeg 610
        MXR M-80

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/72-Parasite.mp3

Comment

View Post

It has 48 unified shaders, tessellation support, and has 10MB of integrated eDRAM. In raw speed it's not as fast as the 8800GTX(PC), but anything programmed for the Xbox360 will be much more optimized than a PC counterpart. The PS3's "RSX" is quite literally a 7900GT clocked to 550MHz with only 8 ROPs. While it would sound as if the PS3 would be at a disadvantage graphically, this is not the case when used correctly as the Cell is very capable of taking on rendering tasks as well, almost like a second GPU.These cores are highly optomised for use on there set platform.

48 unified shaders. Fantastic. My old 560ti had 448 shader cores, and my 670's have quite a few more than that, with 3gb of ram. It's also capable of actual 1080p (and far beyond with an IPS panel), AA, vertex tessellation, and a whole bunch more the 360 struggles with. Advances in gaming graphics have plateaued because developers have to write for a 7-year old platform, and the PC suffers as a result.
          1975 Gibson Grabber
          2002 G&L L-2000
          2001 SWR Mo'Bass
          Ampeg 610
          MXR M-80

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/72-Parasite.mp3

Comment

I just bought an EVGA Superclocked GTX 680. It'll be here Wednesday.

Comment

I just bought an EVGA Superclocked GTX 680. It'll be here Wednesday.

Comment

View Post

Nvidia won't release the specifications for any of their graphics cards, therefore, not any operating systems have non-propiertary DRI support for their cards. Quite a dilemma.

Since you are using a MAC.

EDIT: Oh, From MAC...You will be fine with a nVidia then if you decide to go that route.

All but the newest Nvidia cards actually do work just fine on Macs, though you may need to edit a few files to add their identifiers in. As an example I was running my 560 Ti on my Hackintosh just fine even though it's not found in any real Mac configuration. ATI seems to be more problematic.

Oh and the Xbox as well as the PS3 are very much tapped out. Take for example the last few Halo games or any Rockstar games (GTA, Red Dead Redemption). Those run at LESS than 720p, something like 640p internally that is just upscaled to 720p to get decent framerates (which still are just barely above 30 fps). The Crysis engine has much lower resolution textures, bump maps and what not as well as simpler geometry on the consoles. Consoles have very low RAM in general for both video and other stuff and the PS3 has to make extensive use of its cell processor to match the Xbox's better GPU. Hopefully the next gen consoles can run the kind of stuff PC has now in 1080p.

A 660 Ti should be fine. My 560 Ti runs everything nicely as long as the resolution is 1920x1200 or less. The 660 Ti could probably run even 2560x1600 half-decently.
                "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

View Post

Nvidia won't release the specifications for any of their graphics cards, therefore, not any operating systems have non-propiertary DRI support for their cards. Quite a dilemma.

Since you are using a MAC.

EDIT: Oh, From MAC...You will be fine with a nVidia then if you decide to go that route.

All but the newest Nvidia cards actually do work just fine on Macs, though you may need to edit a few files to add their identifiers in. As an example I was running my 560 Ti on my Hackintosh just fine even though it's not found in any real Mac configuration. ATI seems to be more problematic.

Oh and the Xbox as well as the PS3 are very much tapped out. Take for example the last few Halo games or any Rockstar games (GTA, Red Dead Redemption). Those run at LESS than 720p, something like 640p internally that is just upscaled to 720p to get decent framerates (which still are just barely above 30 fps). The Crysis engine has much lower resolution textures, bump maps and what not as well as simpler geometry on the consoles. Consoles have very low RAM in general for both video and other stuff and the PS3 has to make extensive use of its cell processor to match the Xbox's better GPU. Hopefully the next gen consoles can run the kind of stuff PC has now in 1080p.

A 660 Ti should be fine. My 560 Ti runs everything nicely as long as the resolution is 1920x1200 or less. The 660 Ti could probably run even 2560x1600 half-decently.
                  "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

I have a GTX670.

the damn thing is brutal. I can't slow it down.

Comment

I have a GTX670.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwix
                        View Post

I have a GTX670.

My overclocked 660ti is faster than your 670. BUUURRRRNNNN!!!
                        Main Rig:
                        LTD EC1000
                        Peavey 6505+
                        Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                        Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                        M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwix
                          View Post

I have a GTX670.

My overclocked 660ti is faster than your 670. BUUURRRRNNNN!!!
                          Main Rig:
                          LTD EC1000
                          Peavey 6505+
                          TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                          Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

View Post

This is all true. The 360 hardware is terribly slow by today's standards, and it's choking game advancements. New systems coming out next year.
                            Main Rig:
                            LTD EC1000
                            Peavey 6505+
                            TC Nova System

FOR SALE:

Comment

View Post

This is all true. The 360 hardware is terribly slow by today's standards, and it's choking game advancements. New systems coming out next year.
                              Main Rig:
                              LTD EC1000
                              Peavey 6505+
                              TC Nova System

FOR SALE:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by LaXu
                                View Post

The 660 Ti could probably run even 2560x1600 half-decently.

660Ti is designed for 1080p though. If someone is using one at that resolution, they should have got a 670 or 680.

Comment

Working...
                                X