Higain kemper clip.

gt_jumper

• Members

Its a patch i downloaded from the free part, its profiled from a roadster under the name SASHA.

I ruined the bass tracking due to my bass player pilfering my low string for a gig and its me playing bass so i buried it lol

Finished mix. I am loving the ease of the kemper.

https://soundcloud.com/brootz/the-last-bucket-of-fun

Mix with a bit of thought put into it.
https://soundcloud.com/brootz/2-buckets-of-fun

Original mix
https://soundcloud.com/brootz/buckets-of-fun

• Members

Sounds awesome.im getting a kemper this year once my little one gets a bit older.
I have noticed a few of the high gain clips have a gate sound going on. Are you using th gate and if so is there a lot of noise without it?

Also, I have heard that quad tracking leads to thinner sound with the kemper. Is it possible you could quad track this one so I can see what it's like?

• Members

Sounds awesome.im getting a kemper this year once my little one gets a bit older.
I have noticed a few of the high gain clips have a gate sound going on. Are you using th gate and if so is there a lot of noise without it?

Also, I have heard that quad tracking leads to thinner sound with the kemper. Is it possible you could quad track this one so I can see what it's like?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak View Post

Not much gate on this track man, but i did cut it in post processing with automation and i wasnt very accurate ;P That said the gate is amazing for live and the studio, it doesn't miss anything and if its set high enough it cuts right where you need it to. My only issue with the gate is that the bass isnt quite cut off the same time the highs are, turning the gate up a smidge more stops this but i was still like *WTF* icon_lol.gif

I dont have the guitar here that i did this with man, but i will do another up with a different tuning for ya. There are only 2 tracks here, i cannot see th need for 4 of them though icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak View Post

Not much gate on this track man, but i did cut it in post processing with automation and i wasnt very accurate ;P That said the gate is amazing for live and the studio, it doesn't miss anything and if its set high enough it cuts right where you need it to. My only issue with the gate is that the bass isnt quite cut off the same time the highs are, turning the gate up a smidge more stops this but i was still like *WTF* icon_lol.gif

I dont have the guitar here that i did this with man, but i will do another up with a different tuning for ya. There are only 2 tracks here, i cannot see th need for 4 of them though icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak

View Post

Another question, have you used modellers to record before? If so how do you find adding post eq reacts with the kemper compared to modellers? I always found modellers to react badly to eq where a mic'd up amp reacted just as you would want too.

From my experience you need to use post eq differently with the Kemper than how you would treat tube amp tracks to get the same results. You can get the same end result, you just need to approach it a bit differently, ie. not cut as much low end and not boost the highs/presence as much. If you boost the presence like you'd with a tube amp track it can get pretty piercing and thin fast. My 2c

• Members

View Post

Another question, have you used modellers to record before? If so how do you find adding post eq reacts with the kemper compared to modellers? I always found modellers to react badly to eq where a mic'd up amp reacted just as you would want too.

From my experience you need to use post eq differently with the Kemper than how you would treat tube amp tracks to get the same results. You can get the same end result, you just need to approach it a bit differently, ie. not cut as much low end and not boost the highs/presence as much. If you boost the presence like you'd with a tube amp track it can get pretty piercing and thin fast. My 2c

• Members

View Post

I had a go on a kemper at a london music store. I went through the factory profiles which I thought were amazing compared to my old hd500(I know a lot say the factory profiles are rubbish). But I realised they had me playing through

• Members

View Post

I had a go on a kemper at a london music store. I went through the factory profiles which I thought were amazing compared to my old hd500(I know a lot say the factory profiles are rubbish). But I realised they had me playing through

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nakedzen

View Post

I find it gets shrill very fast too. Usually i always boost 5000hz and up but the kemper need half of what i would normally do, even with my own profiles.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nakedzen

View Post

I find it gets shrill very fast too. Usually i always boost 5000hz and up but the kemper need half of what i would normally do, even with my own profiles.

• Members

I generally go hard with the high and low cut leaving loads of room for bass guitar and drums and highs for the vocals.

I found with modellers that high and low cut ended me with a horrible fuzz mess that still remained strong in a mix. Couldn't stand it.

• Members

I generally go hard with the high and low cut leaving loads of room for bass guitar and drums and highs for the vocals.

I found with modellers that high and low cut ended me with a horrible fuzz mess that still remained strong in a mix. Couldn't stand it.

Archived