Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by newholland
    View Post

what you riding now, sir?

i miss the days of steel trevisos... the scimtar forks are a little too much for my linear sensibilities, for sure-- but i know a coupla guys around here who ride 'em, and they love them to death.

but lemme ask you this: why do you consider going to carbon a 'next real step'? not to say that there's anything wrong with 'em-- but why not aluminum, steel, Ti?

I'm asking myself the same question. Given the choice, I'm buying Ti. That way, I'll never have to buy another frame. Also, Ti is infinitely more crash proof than Carbon.
    Look how hard my heart hurts.
    I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

I was off the bike for almost 9 years , in 2012 I probably did 5000 to 6000 miles on the road bike , mostly training and some commuting . In 13' I'll defiantly get more in as I've joined a team on which I'll be racing during the coming season . No photos but I have a campy record equipped Trek Madone .
      Gear.........
      88/89 ESP Horizon custom/Bareknuckle Warpig custom
      87'ESP Phoenix Firebird
      86'Ken Smith BT custom guitar/Rio grande bby bkrs
      Carvin DC 747C 7 string/Bareknuckle War Pigs

Engl Invader 150
      EnglXXL 4/12w V30's
      Engl Z 15 midi controller

myspace.com/rainofkings
      reverbnation.com/rainofkings
      good deals:Mctallica , MrMarcus

Comment

I was off the bike for almost 9 years , in 2012 I probably did 5000 to 6000 miles on the road bike , mostly training and some commuting . In 13' I'll defiantly get more in as I've joined a team on which I'll be racing during the coming season . No photos but I have a campy record equipped Trek Madone .
        Gear.........
        87'ESP Phoenix Firebird

Engl Invader 150
        EnglXXL 4/12w V30's

myspace.com/rainofkings

Comment

View Post

i miss the days of steel trevisos... the scimtar forks are a little too much for my linear sensibilities, for sure-- but i know a coupla guys around here who ride 'em, and they love them to death.

but lemme ask you this: why do you consider going to carbon a 'next real step'? not to say that there's anything wrong with 'em-- but why not aluminum, steel, Ti?

Right now I'm riding a Felt Z85 - standard $1K fare (aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano 105) with a semi-relaxed geometry. The frame geometry is perfect for me, and the ride is relatively comfy, but I want to go a bit lighter, hence the desire to go to carbon. I actually almost bought a Specialized Tarmac this summer, but I didn't like the ride as much as my Felt, so I couldn't justify the cost just to go to a carbon frame.
          Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
          Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

View Post

Right now I'm riding a Felt Z85 - standard $1K fare (aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano 105) with a semi-relaxed geometry. The frame geometry is perfect for me, and the ride is relatively comfy, but I want to go a bit lighter, hence the desire to go to carbon. I actually almost bought a Specialized Tarmac this summer, but I didn't like the ride as much as my Felt, so I couldn't justify the cost just to go to a carbon frame.

Gear:
            Currently in transition.

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Comment

Quite a number of the Euro Pro teams use Felts and I've heard good things about them as well as seeing them in a lot of national calibre races here in the northeast .
              Gear.........
              87'ESP Phoenix Firebird

Engl Invader 150
              EnglXXL 4/12w V30's

myspace.com/rainofkings

Comment

Quite a number of the Euro Pro teams use Felts and I've heard good things about them as well as seeing them in a lot of national calibre races here in the northeast .
                Gear.........
                87'ESP Phoenix Firebird

Engl Invader 150
                EnglXXL 4/12w V30's

myspace.com/rainofkings

Comment

I didn't realize just how well my Felt fit me until I was trying out the Tarmac. I kept having them make changes, and at the end, it just didn't fit me at all. Went home and took out the Z, and it was a perfect fit. When I bought it, the only changes that were made was to slide the saddle slightly forward and bring the seat up just a touch. No stem swapping, no nothing - it was awesome.

Gear:
                  Currently in transition.

Comment

I didn't realize just how well my Felt fit me until I was trying out the Tarmac. I kept having them make changes, and at the end, it just didn't fit me at all. Went home and took out the Z, and it was a perfect fit. When I bought it, the only changes that were made was to slide the saddle slightly forward and bring the seat up just a touch. No stem swapping, no nothing - it was awesome.

Gear:
                    Currently in transition.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Weathered
                      View Post

A guy I work with is a died-in-the-wool Pinarello fan - he and his wife both ride Princes, and his love of them has me looking at them. My other target is a Felt Z4 - my Z85 has served me very well, and moving to carbon would be the next real step.

Tell me about the Z85. There's a guy I know who bought a really cheap Schwinn off from Amazon, just to see if he liked riding, and now apparently he does enough that he wants to get a better bike. He was looking at getting a Motobecane from Bikes Direct, but the local EMS has the Z85 for 15% off, has one in a 58cm(he's a big guy) but not built up. They do have a 58cm Z95, so at least he could try it out and see if it will fit him, or if he needs the 61, which can be had from another EMS.

Don't see too many reviews of it online, and while it's not equipped as well as the Motobecane, I think it would be a better frame. It'll also be about $250 cheaper, and cost is a factor for him. And, while it shouldn't really play a part, I just think he'll feel better cruising around on a Felt rather than a Motobecane. I'm shallow, so I know I would.

Edit: Well, I see you already have.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Weathered
                        View Post

A guy I work with is a died-in-the-wool Pinarello fan - he and his wife both ride Princes, and his love of them has me looking at them. My other target is a Felt Z4 - my Z85 has served me very well, and moving to carbon would be the next real step.

Tell me about the Z85. There's a guy I know who bought a really cheap Schwinn off from Amazon, just to see if he liked riding, and now apparently he does enough that he wants to get a better bike. He was looking at getting a Motobecane from Bikes Direct, but the local EMS has the Z85 for 15% off, has one in a 58cm(he's a big guy) but not built up. They do have a 58cm Z95, so at least he could try it out and see if it will fit him, or if he needs the 61, which can be had from another EMS.

Don't see too many reviews of it online, and while it's not equipped as well as the Motobecane, I think it would be a better frame. It'll also be about $250 cheaper, and cost is a factor for him. And, while it shouldn't really play a part, I just think he'll feel better cruising around on a Felt rather than a Motobecane. I'm shallow, so I know I would.

Edit: Well, I see you already have.

Comment

• I cant stand speedometer on bicycle. Average speed info is always killing me so I never use mine.

Also I much prefer mountainbiking to road cycling. I just use my roadbike to go to work. I plan to go at least twice a week when the weather will get better. (40 km each way)

I already posted my bikes several times but as hey are comparatively better than my guitars and amps here they are again :

Rock 'n rolling black/death metal :
                          http://www.facebook.com/beerbleeding
                          http://www.myspace.com/beerbleeding

Comment

• I cant stand speedometer on bicycle. Average speed info is always killing me so I never use mine.

Also I much prefer mountainbiking to road cycling. I just use my roadbike to go to work. I plan to go at least twice a week when the weather will get better. (40 km each way)

I already posted my bikes several times but as hey are comparatively better than my guitars and amps here they are again :

Rock 'n rolling black/death metal :
                            http://www.facebook.com/beerbleeding
                            http://www.myspace.com/beerbleeding

Comment

• had a good day out today- a buddy of mine and i headed over the nearby ridge into the adjoining valley, hitting a ton of hardpack dirt roads-- got ourselves a cuppa joe and a bagel with cream cheese about 20 miles in- then hopped back on the bikes and rode further up the valley and concatenated two of the nastier climbs in the county ouch. but the trip back down the ridge was worth it. looks like we put in 45 or so, and the temps stayed up near about 40-- so it was a good day out without freezing our butts off- not bad for january. i really gotta bring my damn camera...

Comment

• had a good day out today- a buddy of mine and i headed over the nearby ridge into the adjoining valley, hitting a ton of hardpack dirt roads-- got ourselves a cuppa joe and a bagel with cream cheese about 20 miles in- then hopped back on the bikes and rode further up the valley and concatenated two of the nastier climbs in the county ouch. but the trip back down the ridge was worth it. looks like we put in 45 or so, and the temps stayed up near about 40-- so it was a good day out without freezing our butts off- not bad for january. i really gotta bring my damn camera...

Comment

Working...
                                X