Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love cycling. During Spring/Summer/Fall I normally go on two or three rides Mon thru Fri for an hour and about 3 hours on Saturday. I run the other days. Last year I rode in two centuries and a fun relay race called Saints to Sinners (http://www.saintstosinners.com/). Had a blast! Been mainly doing three spin classes a week to keep my legs going during the Winter. I do more running since I can handle it down to about 25 degrees outside.

I'll have to follow this thread. Here are some pics from the St George century I rode in October 2012 (me on the left in the group picture):

Amps:
    Kemper Profiling Amp
    Matrix GT800FX
    Cab:
    Bogner Oversized 2x12

Guitars:
    Anderson Drop Top
    Anderson Classic x 2
    Anderson Bulldog

My Clips:

http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=g...3&section=user
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=406888

Comment

I love cycling. During Spring/Summer/Fall I normally go on two or three rides Mon thru Fri for an hour and about 3 hours on Saturday. I run the other days. Last year I rode in two centuries and a fun relay race called Saints to Sinners (http://www.saintstosinners.com/). Had a blast! Been mainly doing three spin classes a week to keep my legs going during the Winter. I do more running since I can handle it down to about 25 degrees outside.

I'll have to follow this thread. Here are some pics from the St George century I rode in October 2012 (me on the left in the group picture):

Amps:
      Kemper Profiling Amp
      Matrix GT800FX
      Cab:
      Bogner Oversized 2x12

Guitars:
      Anderson Drop Top
      Anderson Classic x 2
      Anderson Bulldog

My Clips:

http://www.netmusicians.org/?value=g...3&section=user
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=406888

Comment

I'm commuting year round by bike and that's helping my sprint and keeping the legs hard. I've also got a new full carbon road bike in mind for 2013. Once the air temp warms up a bit I'll be headed for somewhere around 250 road miles per week. I usually keep that up until early fall when I get into the back country more and do some mountain climbing and backpacking. So far I'm keeping a good fitness level carried over from 2012 so 2013 looks promising.
        My Space
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=497122

Comment

I'm commuting year round by bike and that's helping my sprint and keeping the legs hard. I've also got a new full carbon road bike in mind for 2013. Once the air temp warms up a bit I'll be headed for somewhere around 250 road miles per week. I usually keep that up until early fall when I get into the back country more and do some mountain climbing and backpacking. So far I'm keeping a good fitness level carried over from 2012 so 2013 looks promising.
          My Space
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=497122

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Weathered
            View Post

Going to watch the first half of the first playoff game today on the trainer - figure that's a solid 75-80 minutes at least, and I'm going to try and keep the cadence over 80 the whole time.

I'm starting to think about my next bike (even though I promised myself that I'd wait until after I graduate from grad school). This one gets some serious bloodflow going to my nether regions:

One of our local bike shops just started carrying Pinarello, so I may test ride one this spring. Debating getting one built up with Ultegra and going with it.

I have thought about getting a trainer for the winter time... Do you have a recommendation? I have no idea what makes a good trainer or not...

Thanks

Cole
            Amps
            Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
            Egnater Tweaker 15
            TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
            Korg Pitchblack+
            Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
            Pro Tone Thruster
            Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
            ISP Decimator (Loop)
            MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
            Hermida Reverb (Loop)
            Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
            Carl Martin Octaswitch
            Powered by Voodoo Labs & T-Rex

Comment

View Post

Going to watch the first half of the first playoff game today on the trainer - figure that's a solid 75-80 minutes at least, and I'm going to try and keep the cadence over 80 the whole time.

I'm starting to think about my next bike (even though I promised myself that I'd wait until after I graduate from grad school). This one gets some serious bloodflow going to my nether regions:

One of our local bike shops just started carrying Pinarello, so I may test ride one this spring. Debating getting one built up with Ultegra and going with it.

I have thought about getting a trainer for the winter time... Do you have a recommendation? I have no idea what makes a good trainer or not...

Thanks

Cole
              Amps
              Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
              Egnater Tweaker 15
              TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
              Korg Pitchblack+
              Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
              Pro Tone Thruster
              Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
              ISP Decimator (Loop)
              MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
              Hermida Reverb (Loop)
              Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
              Carl Martin Octaswitch
              Powered by Voodoo Labs & T-Rex

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen
                View Post

Thanks

Cole

I'm interested as well so I can supplement my half marathon training with my Trek.
                Was TrueBlueLS... thanks for the name change stupid forum upgrade.

Peavey Nitro I | Peavey HP Special EXP | Peavey Tracer Custom | Kramer Focus 2000 | Kramer Vanguard FR440S

Marshall Class 5 | Egnater Tweaker 15 | Jet City JCA22H | Jet City JCA24S

Comment

View Post

Thanks

Cole

I'm interested as well so I can supplement my half marathon training with my Trek.
                  Was TrueBlueLS... thanks for the name change stupid forum upgrade.

Peavey Nitro I | Peavey HP Special EXP | Peavey Tracer Custom | Kramer Focus 2000 | Kramer Vanguard FR440S

Marshall Class 5 | Egnater Tweaker 15 | Jet City JCA22H | Jet City JCA24S

Comment

Im hoping to get some decent miles in this year. I only did around 200 miles last summer, which was my first of having a road bike. I really like riding (particularly compared to running) but its hard to get anyone to ride with me. I just got a cheapo mt bike, as did a friend, so i am hoping we can hit some trails and have some fun! Any tips as far as how to not die on a trail for a newbie?
                    Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
                    Peters Gryphon
                    Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Comment

Im hoping to get some decent miles in this year. I only did around 200 miles last summer, which was my first of having a road bike. I really like riding (particularly compared to running) but its hard to get anyone to ride with me. I just got a cheapo mt bike, as did a friend, so i am hoping we can hit some trails and have some fun! Any tips as far as how to not die on a trail for a newbie?
                      Good Deals with: spitfireme123, lovEd, benintexas, eor, rydia is hot, BloodBros, downer01, rabbot13, mewithoutlouie, Faldoe, VTM, thesockmonster, Dark Aegis, Unclemeat, Snare227, tashiattack, joaocunha

Agile Al-3000
                      Peters Gryphon
                      Mesa Traditional 4x12

Check out my band, it would be greatly appreciated

www.myspace.com/velaofficial

Comment

View Post

Thanks

Cole

I've got a Kurt Kinetic - it takes some getting used to, but it actually is pretty nice all things considered.

This is the one I've got:

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/road-machine-p-198-l-en.html

In terms of feel, it's not nearly the same as riding on the road, but it is a useful method of keeping your legs in shape indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by newholland
                        View Post

why the schwank pinarello, man?

i dunno.. they're cool bikes, but they're kinda statement pieces, huh?

i'd take me a caad 10 with a hot**************** wheelset, and blow the rest on guitars.. oh wait, i already did that.

A guy I work with is a died-in-the-wool Pinarello fan - he and his wife both ride Princes, and his love of them has me looking at them. My other target is a Felt Z4 - my Z85 has served me very well, and moving to carbon would be the next real step.
                        Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                        Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

View Post

Thanks

Cole

I've got a Kurt Kinetic - it takes some getting used to, but it actually is pretty nice all things considered.

In terms of feel, it's not nearly the same as riding on the road, but it is a useful method of keeping your legs in shape indoors.

View Post

why the schwank pinarello, man?

i dunno.. they're cool bikes, but they're kinda statement pieces, huh?

i'd take me a caad 10 with a hot**************** wheelset, and blow the rest on guitars.. oh wait, i already did that.

A guy I work with is a died-in-the-wool Pinarello fan - he and his wife both ride Princes, and his love of them has me looking at them. My other target is a Felt Z4 - my Z85 has served me very well, and moving to carbon would be the next real step.
                          Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                          Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

View Post

what you riding now, sir?

i miss the days of steel trevisos... the scimtar forks are a little too much for my linear sensibilities, for sure-- but i know a coupla guys around here who ride 'em, and they love them to death.

but lemme ask you this: why do you consider going to carbon a 'next real step'? not to say that there's anything wrong with 'em-- but why not aluminum, steel, Ti?

Comment

View Post

i miss the days of steel trevisos... the scimtar forks are a little too much for my linear sensibilities, for sure-- but i know a coupla guys around here who ride 'em, and they love them to death.

but lemme ask you this: why do you consider going to carbon a 'next real step'? not to say that there's anything wrong with 'em-- but why not aluminum, steel, Ti?

Comment

View Post

I'm asking myself the same question. Given the choice, I'm buying Ti. That way, I'll never have to buy another frame. Also, Ti is infinitely more crash proof than Carbon.
                                Look how hard my heart hurts.
                                I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Working...
                                X