Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx
    View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.

Yeah, that. I'll hit the 40 mark in October this year and I'm determined I'm gonna do it in better health than I was at any point in my thirties.

I picked up the new bike on August 4th, 2012 after a seven year biking hiatus. I managed just shy of 600 miles between the road and the rollers, looking at my records it's a fairly even split almost exactly 300 each. Granted, the road miles came over a longer period of time and the roller miles piled up really fast in comparison.

I have some crazy plans for this year cycling wise. If I can just keep myself on the rollers through the **************** weather, I should at least have a decent base to jump from when I can get back outside. This stupid head cold was destroying me on the rollers this morning but I still managed 45 minutes give or take. No excuses. Six days a week, every week, following a semi-legitimate training schedule this year.
    Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx
      View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.

Yeah, that. I'll hit the 40 mark in October this year and I'm determined I'm gonna do it in better health than I was at any point in my thirties.

I picked up the new bike on August 4th, 2012 after a seven year biking hiatus. I managed just shy of 600 miles between the road and the rollers, looking at my records it's a fairly even split almost exactly 300 each. Granted, the road miles came over a longer period of time and the roller miles piled up really fast in comparison.

I have some crazy plans for this year cycling wise. If I can just keep myself on the rollers through the **************** weather, I should at least have a decent base to jump from when I can get back outside. This stupid head cold was destroying me on the rollers this morning but I still managed 45 minutes give or take. No excuses. Six days a week, every week, following a semi-legitimate training schedule this year.
      Originally Posted by Murdoch

HCAF Y U NO TALK MAPS

Three dicks in an ass, n00b.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

wtf is next? lets talk about our favorite nsync album. i love them all because i was really making strides in my dress making business at the time...

Comment

Bump because I'm so motivated.
        Look how hard my heart hurts.
        I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Bump because I'm so motivated.
          Look how hard my heart hurts.
          I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Been watching GoPro footage of the local trails all morning! Can't wait to get back out on some flowy ST
            Originally Posted by Jesse G

EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

Comment

Been watching GoPro footage of the local trails all morning! Can't wait to get back out on some flowy ST
              Originally Posted by Jesse G

EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

Comment

Just ordered me a new single speed to commute to work on as my old ride is beyond ****************ed.

Gratuitous pictures and review once its arrived.
                DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

Just ordered me a new single speed to commute to work on as my old ride is beyond ****************ed.

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

Great to see so many motivated riders. Because of my work schedule I often can only get out on the weekends and riding is the one thing I look forward to all week.

I ride off-road almost exclusively and with the SoCal weather am able to ride year round, so I am very lucky. Will be on the trails tomorrow morning for a hard ride before football starts.
                    I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

Great to see so many motivated riders. Because of my work schedule I often can only get out on the weekends and riding is the one thing I look forward to all week.

I ride off-road almost exclusively and with the SoCal weather am able to ride year round, so I am very lucky. Will be on the trails tomorrow morning for a hard ride before football starts.
                      I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

Edit for dup
                        I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

Edit for dup
                          I'm Brian of Nazareth

Comment

so far, only one ride in 2012-- an uncharacteristically flat 3 hour jobby on road bikes. damp and cold-- but a decent spin nonetheless, and not so bad considering it was 36 degrees Hopefully headed out again Sunday coming up for a gravel road ride. The holidays were fantastic for riding, and got in about 15 hours on the bike, which managed to get me a hellacious cold, but so worth it!

Comment

so far, only one ride in 2012-- an uncharacteristically flat 3 hour jobby on road bikes. damp and cold-- but a decent spin nonetheless, and not so bad considering it was 36 degrees Hopefully headed out again Sunday coming up for a gravel road ride. The holidays were fantastic for riding, and got in about 15 hours on the bike, which managed to get me a hellacious cold, but so worth it!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra
                                View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X