X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by lz4005
    View Post

I don't track my mileage but I guess I did between 2000 and 3000 miles last year on my commuter bike going to work/grocery/etc and doing alleycats, bar hopping, etc on my single speed.

Even went to a handful of gigs and rehearsals that were PA-only or backline provided that way.

Supposed to be 22 degrees F tomorrow morning when I ride to work. What is this "when the weather breaks" people keep mentioning?

Do you have 12 inches of snow and solid ice on the streets? I'd love to see someone try to navigate those conditions on a road bike (actually I have, it didn't end well).
    Originally Posted by Jesse G

EMG's are like McDonald's cheeseburgers of the pickup world

Comment

I hope to get a late winter/early spring start to riding this year. I did ok 2011, somewhere around 1500-2000. Last year not so much.

I will have to go check and see what my odometer says, to mark it.
      Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
      Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

I hope to get a late winter/early spring start to riding this year. I did ok 2011, somewhere around 1500-2000. Last year not so much.

I will have to go check and see what my odometer says, to mark it.
        Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
        Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zehn
          View Post

Do you have 12 inches of snow and solid ice on the streets? I'd love to see someone try to navigate those conditions on a road bike (actually I have, it didn't end well).

Defensive much? Get a bike that works for where you live.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zehn
            View Post

Defensive much? Get a bike that works for where you live.

Comment

There's a foot of snow here in Western NY, but the roads are clear - was out on a ten speed with 70s tyres - only problem was me getting cold, not the bike.

We don't get snow like that in my bit of Scotland, but the rain can be somewhat disheartening, especially with added wind and low temps
              Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

There's a foot of snow here in Western NY, but the roads are clear - was out on a ten speed with 70s tyres - only problem was me getting cold, not the bike.

We don't get snow like that in my bit of Scotland, but the rain can be somewhat disheartening, especially with added wind and low temps
                Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

Just got off of my trainer after a decent 45 minute ride. Sadly, in MN, I'm not gutsy enough to ride outside until the streets are snow and ice free, so I'll be resigned to the trainer in the basement until April or so. Still hoping that I can get at least 750 miles this summer, which will probably come after the half marathon that I'm training for in June...
                  Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                  Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

Just got off of my trainer after a decent 45 minute ride. Sadly, in MN, I'm not gutsy enough to ride outside until the streets are snow and ice free, so I'll be resigned to the trainer in the basement until April or so. Still hoping that I can get at least 750 miles this summer, which will probably come after the half marathon that I'm training for in June...
                    Member of the HCAF Homebrews Club

Gear:
                    Currently in transition.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkentmusic New songs up!!

Good Transactions With: Moodbender, Chrisjd, GRIFF10672 (x2), Killing Nevada, Cibyl, Steveanders86, drs448, Valtiel, StratoSlacker

Originally Posted by newholland

good sense NEVER makes good sense when yer movin a mountain of stupid...

Originally Posted by mseriously30

I think some people have the "suck" knob on full bore.

Mah ampbuild thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...8#post39421848

Comment

MTB fan, but last year my free days were rainy, I was on my holidays without a bicycle, so got stuck in the gym with spinning. More slopes this year, hopefully.
                      "It's all sratched up, Zuzu"Your wattage may vary

Comment

MTB fan, but last year my free days were rainy, I was on my holidays without a bicycle, so got stuck in the gym with spinning. More slopes this year, hopefully.
                        "It's all sratched up, Zuzu"Your wattage may vary

Comment

Today my updated lifestyle begins. It's time to keep track of what I'm eating. It's time to stop drinking on weeknights. I've been a juggernaut lately. bad bad bad!

I need to get my trainer out again and attempt to regularly ride inside. (It's 2 degrees F outside)

My goal is 40 lbs. I'm anxious and excited to get serious again like I was back in 2009.
                          BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                          Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Today my updated lifestyle begins. It's time to keep track of what I'm eating. It's time to stop drinking on weeknights. I've been a juggernaut lately. bad bad bad!

I need to get my trainer out again and attempt to regularly ride inside. (It's 2 degrees F outside)

My goal is 40 lbs. I'm anxious and excited to get serious again like I was back in 2009.
                            BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                            Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                              View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.
                              Look how hard my heart hurts.
                              I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter
                                View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.
                                Look how hard my heart hurts.
                                I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Working...
                                X