HM-2'ed
    Live til you die.

Comment

HM-2'ed
      Live til you die.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ENdtime
        View Post

That heavy metal pedal isn't instant entombed.. That's a bit of folklore that all them Swedish bands used that pedal with everything turned to 10. My old bassist used one and it's dirty for bass for sure, but on guitaR it's one of the worst pedals you'll ever hear. If entombed did indeed use that pedal you will need more than it to get their tone. And theirbsound had very much to do with the production.

I remember reading an interview with the producer Tomas Skogberg(?)/Sunlight Studios, and he mentioned he would get countless number of bands coming in asking for the "entombed" sound and as you can tell not many were ever really able to capture it. Tomas even said, unless you played the actual gear that they used, you can't really ever nail that sound.. The closest band to the early sound was Dismember and they actually had member that were in entombed and even they never got that giant sound.. Anyway, until you play that pedal, don't be thinking it's instant Entombed.. Cause there is a reason they don't make it anymore and it's because it sucked, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if entombed used Metal Zones. Lol. A metal zone tweaked right will get closer, imo anyway..

But for bass guitar it did actually work pretty good.. Cut a lot of the low end out, but there was still enough..

This. So much truth. I've got one of those pedals, I though it would be instant entombed, it was more like instant ****************.
        Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

View Post

That heavy metal pedal isn't instant entombed.. That's a bit of folklore that all them Swedish bands used that pedal with everything turned to 10. My old bassist used one and it's dirty for bass for sure, but on guitaR it's one of the worst pedals you'll ever hear. If entombed did indeed use that pedal you will need more than it to get their tone. And theirbsound had very much to do with the production.

I remember reading an interview with the producer Tomas Skogberg(?)/Sunlight Studios, and he mentioned he would get countless number of bands coming in asking for the "entombed" sound and as you can tell not many were ever really able to capture it. Tomas even said, unless you played the actual gear that they used, you can't really ever nail that sound.. The closest band to the early sound was Dismember and they actually had member that were in entombed and even they never got that giant sound.. Anyway, until you play that pedal, don't be thinking it's instant Entombed.. Cause there is a reason they don't make it anymore and it's because it sucked, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if entombed used Metal Zones. Lol. A metal zone tweaked right will get closer, imo anyway..

But for bass guitar it did actually work pretty good.. Cut a lot of the low end out, but there was still enough..

This. So much truth. I've got one of those pedals, I though it would be instant entombed, it was more like instant ****************.

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Comment

View Post

Yeah, I know, I've seen it.. I've tried it.. Turn all knobs to 10 and see what happens..lol..

I'm not dismissing the use of the pedal so much, but it's the "instant entombed" claim, cause it's really not.. To get that hugeness that is on the first 2 albums has a lot to do with other factors, thats all I'm saying.. All knobs on 10 sounds like a garbled mess.. And even when you do get a sound that is usable, it's no where near that big.. They struck a bit of magic with the right cab, placement, etc. to get that girth..

And mic'ed from behind the speaker cab? Lol.. I'm telling you I think they are pulling a van Halen and bull****************ing exactly what they did.. They may have had a Mic back there, I've actually tried it, but there is no way that is the only Mic..

So backed.

It's alright.

Comment

View Post

Yeah, I know, I've seen it.. I've tried it.. Turn all knobs to 10 and see what happens..lol..

I'm not dismissing the use of the pedal so much, but it's the "instant entombed" claim, cause it's really not.. To get that hugeness that is on the first 2 albums has a lot to do with other factors, thats all I'm saying.. All knobs on 10 sounds like a garbled mess.. And even when you do get a sound that is usable, it's no where near that big.. They struck a bit of magic with the right cab, placement, etc. to get that girth..

And mic'ed from behind the speaker cab? Lol.. I'm telling you I think they are pulling a van Halen and bull****************ing exactly what they did.. They may have had a Mic back there, I've actually tried it, but there is no way that is the only Mic..

So backed.

It's alright.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.
                View Post

Well I mean of course a single guitar, playing out of context, without a second guitar or bass isn't going to sound like an album Just like everything else I'm sure those solo'd guitar tracks sound like crap on their own.

I'm aware of that.. I record about as much as anybody on here and prolly for longer, to be honest. That's why I know that sound on that record is a lot of factors... You are the one that said "instant entombed".. Unless you somehow have the master tapes, I'm not sure you were referring to the sound of the solo'd tracks.. Lol. But more or less it seemed like you were referring to the sound of the band. And I'm just being honest when I say, you won't think you sound like entombed when just using that pedal...I've tried it, a bunch.. Even though I don't really like that tone, there is sumthing to be said for the girth of that tone and playing guitar thru that pedal into an amp isn't all that great. ! With some studio magic and micing the absolute bassiest part of the cab, you can prolly get the recorded sound to resemble it..

And that may be where this pedal has it's niche, which is it somehow records a lot better than it sounds in the room.. Although instead of over paying for an old pedal that prolly has issues, a metal zone can get some grind for sure..

I feel like it's way off topic new, but it was a fun discussion! Grind, Entombed and old Boss pedals don't often get discussed in here!
                SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.
                  View Post

Well I mean of course a single guitar, playing out of context, without a second guitar or bass isn't going to sound like an album Just like everything else I'm sure those solo'd guitar tracks sound like crap on their own.

I'm aware of that.. I record about as much as anybody on here and prolly for longer, to be honest. That's why I know that sound on that record is a lot of factors... You are the one that said "instant entombed".. Unless you somehow have the master tapes, I'm not sure you were referring to the sound of the solo'd tracks.. Lol. But more or less it seemed like you were referring to the sound of the band. And I'm just being honest when I say, you won't think you sound like entombed when just using that pedal...I've tried it, a bunch.. Even though I don't really like that tone, there is sumthing to be said for the girth of that tone and playing guitar thru that pedal into an amp isn't all that great. ! With some studio magic and micing the absolute bassiest part of the cab, you can prolly get the recorded sound to resemble it..

And that may be where this pedal has it's niche, which is it somehow records a lot better than it sounds in the room.. Although instead of over paying for an old pedal that prolly has issues, a metal zone can get some grind for sure..

I feel like it's way off topic new, but it was a fun discussion! Grind, Entombed and old Boss pedals don't often get discussed in here!
                  SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

View Post

hear hear!
                    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

View Post

hear hear!
                      If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

HM-2 can still get usable sounds but bass is HUGE part of the sound in a band setting. A local band here used max'd HM-2's into Peavey Valvekings+Marshall cabs and the tone sounded evil as all hell but don't hope for note definition

and for said bands mentioned, look up Fatalist or P.O.O.R. (Point of Our Resistance) edit: actually here's their album stream

I've got a similar Entombed sound with my Digitech Death Metal pedal into a Pod X3 Recto patch lol

https://soundcloud.com/wookieslayer/...intro-entombed

though the real tone is fuzzier methinks
                        Randall T2 / V2 / Titan
                        Randall RS412XLT100 cab
                        Schecter Omen w/ CL
                        BC Rich Jr. V Icon m/
                        OLP MM3 5 string natural finish

my Soundcloud - My Youtube Channel

Comment

HM-2 can still get usable sounds but bass is HUGE part of the sound in a band setting. A local band here used max'd HM-2's into Peavey Valvekings+Marshall cabs and the tone sounded evil as all hell but don't hope for note definition

and for said bands mentioned, look up Fatalist or P.O.O.R. (Point of Our Resistance) edit: actually here's their album stream

I've got a similar Entombed sound with my Digitech Death Metal pedal into a Pod X3 Recto patch lol

Randall T2 / V2 / Titan
                          Randall RS412XLT100 cab
                          Schecter Omen w/ CL
                          BC Rich Jr. V Icon m/
                          OLP MM3 5 string natural finish

my Soundcloud - My Youtube Channel

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieslayer
                            View Post

I suppose any cheapish metal distortion pedal with high/mid/low dials would work in this respect. I am not planning to go all-out Swedish sound, but just trying to get some good grid underneath. I'll probably start with the bass and see how that affects the overall sound

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieslayer
                              View Post

I suppose any cheapish metal distortion pedal with high/mid/low dials would work in this respect. I am not planning to go all-out Swedish sound, but just trying to get some good grid underneath. I'll probably start with the bass and see how that affects the overall sound

Comment

Ages ago I tried having very little gain on my guitar and loads on the bass and I quite liked it although I was very poor at recording back then.

This was the result with my old hd500

http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=6061

Comment

Working...
                                X