Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hate car shopping.

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Well I felt I just had to chime in; I've been shopping for a commuter car for a couple of weeks and finding it a little difficult.



    First, private sellers don't seem to have the first clue about their car's value. They quick to deny test-drives saying they "don't want boy racer test pilots" turning up, which would be understandable if I had a backwards baseball cap on, which I don't. But they're for the most part in denial about depreciation. Vauxhall and Ford owners seem to be the worst. I've had some sticking true to their guns despite showing adverts of other lower mileage or newer cars at dealers for less than theirs and with a warranty. I give up on private sellers.



    However, the dealers are up to some right unscrupulous tactics. I was set to pick an Astra up after a test drive went well. However, the MOT cert clearly stated "Advisory Issued: Yes". The staple marks in the top right corner were there, which logic dictates that an advisory was issue with the certificate. Yes? Well, not according to the salesman who professed that this was simply indicating that an emissions report was included and THAT'S what was stapled to the original cert.... er... yeah, cuz I've never ever had a car MOT'd before and have no idea what I'm looking at, right?



    Add to that a lot of the service history looked like it had been filled in by the same bloke with different pens, all stamped with the same dealer service stamp all very conveniently in time too? Hmmmm.... something smells fishy.



    Sadly, that wasn't an isolated incident. Who knew that spending
    Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

    Good transactions:
    StevePage (b)
    Deadeye Dom (s)
    Maiden_Fan (s)
    metareal (s)
    YourGuitarHero (b)
    Ratae Coritanorum (b)
    ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

    Comment


    • #92






      Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
      View Post

      you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice




      i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.
      the world is one big fist fight.







      Originally Posted by duncan


      I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.









      Originally Posted by Rear Naked


      I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

      Comment


      • #93






        Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
        View Post

        you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice




        i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.
        the world is one big fist fight.







        Originally Posted by duncan


        I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.









        Originally Posted by Rear Naked


        I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

        Comment


        • #94






          Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
          View Post

          i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.




          Yet you do not have it.





          #notabaus

          Comment


          • #95






            Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
            View Post

            i already know what i want and what price range i want to be in.




            Yet you do not have it.





            #notabaus

            Comment


            • #96






              Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
              View Post

              I'll be shopping for a car in September.



              It'll be a Ford f250 or 350 with the diesel.



              The only issue I'm having is whether to go XLT or King Ranch.



              I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living **************** beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.



              Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.









              RSBro, y u hang like wizard sleeve with the 150?




              i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.



              also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick.
              #NoLimitCornballBrother

              BRO CLUB: RSBro







              Originally Posted by Phrophus


              Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









              Originally Posted by Holy War


              I thought you were black for some reason...









              Originally Posted by Murdoch


              Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









              Originally Posted by jnurp


              im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

              Comment


              • #97






                Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
                View Post

                I'll be shopping for a car in September.



                It'll be a Ford f250 or 350 with the diesel.



                The only issue I'm having is whether to go XLT or King Ranch.



                I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living **************** beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.



                Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.









                RSBro, y u hang like wizard sleeve with the 150?




                i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.



                also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick.
                #NoLimitCornballBrother

                BRO CLUB: RSBro







                Originally Posted by Phrophus


                Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









                Originally Posted by Holy War


                I thought you were black for some reason...









                Originally Posted by Murdoch


                Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









                Originally Posted by jnurp


                im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

                Comment


                • #98






                  Quote Originally Posted by RSBro
                  View Post

                  i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.



                  also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick.




                  What was the deal with the F250?



                  I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.



                  Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.

                  Comment


                  • #99






                    Quote Originally Posted by RSBro
                    View Post

                    i always wanted a badass KR F250 or something until my dad got one. i fkn hated that truck. he now has a '13 F150 Lariat he likes way better.



                    also in your sitch i'd recommend the XLT. it's not as baus as the KR but like you said, if you're actually using it and not just going to the mall and grocery like RSBro would, you're gonna fk up that nice interior and on the quick.




                    What was the deal with the F250?



                    I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.



                    Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
                      View Post

                      What was the deal with the F250?



                      I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.



                      Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.




                      it's just such a PITA as a daily driver around town. you can't park it anywhere, it wouldn't fit in my garage, it's just a chore to get in and drive in the suburban jungle where i live . i mean once you get it out and on the road it's baus bc you can leap Scion XB's in a single bound, but yeah. having driven his extensively, i wouldn't buy one for me right now. i know your situation is diff tho. my Papa only ever had F250's out on the farm.
                      #NoLimitCornballBrother

                      BRO CLUB: RSBro







                      Originally Posted by Phrophus


                      Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









                      Originally Posted by Holy War


                      I thought you were black for some reason...









                      Originally Posted by Murdoch


                      Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









                      Originally Posted by jnurp


                      im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

                      Comment








                      • Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
                        View Post

                        What was the deal with the F250?



                        I've heard horror stories on the Diesel engines, but apparently with this last engine design they've alleviated any and all issues.



                        Still have to deal with the piss tank/urea thing though.




                        it's just such a PITA as a daily driver around town. you can't park it anywhere, it wouldn't fit in my garage, it's just a chore to get in and drive in the suburban jungle where i live . i mean once you get it out and on the road it's baus bc you can leap Scion XB's in a single bound, but yeah. having driven his extensively, i wouldn't buy one for me right now. i know your situation is diff tho. my Papa only ever had F250's out on the farm.
                        #NoLimitCornballBrother

                        BRO CLUB: RSBro







                        Originally Posted by Phrophus


                        Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









                        Originally Posted by Holy War


                        I thought you were black for some reason...









                        Originally Posted by Murdoch


                        Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









                        Originally Posted by jnurp


                        im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

                        Comment


                        • I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda.





                          I don't know how I could have parked ford truck there. Would have been no way.

                          Comment


                          • I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda.





                            I don't know how I could have parked ford truck there. Would have been no way.

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
                              View Post

                              I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda.





                              I don't know how I could have parked ford truck there. Would have been no way.




                              yeah if you have something else to zip around in, i'd say go for it then.

                              i wish they still made Excursions. i'd have the diesel one and drive over every curb in sight!
                              #NoLimitCornballBrother

                              BRO CLUB: RSBro







                              Originally Posted by Phrophus


                              Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









                              Originally Posted by Holy War


                              I thought you were black for some reason...









                              Originally Posted by Murdoch


                              Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









                              Originally Posted by jnurp


                              im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn
                                View Post

                                I'm keeping my Mazda 3 to run around town in. Pretty much for the exact reasons you mention. I was meeting with a buyer in the Bay Area a couple weeks ago and the parking lot stalls were barely big enough for my Mazda.





                                I don't know how I could have parked ford truck there. Would have been no way.




                                yeah if you have something else to zip around in, i'd say go for it then.

                                i wish they still made Excursions. i'd have the diesel one and drive over every curb in sight!
                                #NoLimitCornballBrother

                                BRO CLUB: RSBro







                                Originally Posted by Phrophus


                                Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.









                                Originally Posted by Holy War


                                I thought you were black for some reason...









                                Originally Posted by Murdoch


                                Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.









                                Originally Posted by jnurp


                                im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X