Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hate car shopping.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76






    Quote Originally Posted by yourguitarhero
    View Post

    Would never buy a car without opening a thread on HCAF about which model to buy. Thread must exceed 400 posts.




    i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="7"><font color="deepskyblue"><font color="black"><font size="3"><font face="Arial"><b>the world is one big fist fight.<br />
    <br />
    </b></font></font></font></font></font><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>duncan</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=46572620#post46572620" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rear Naked</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=47312019#post47312019" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> </div>

    Comment


    • #77






      Quote Originally Posted by yourguitarhero
      View Post

      Would never buy a car without opening a thread on HCAF about which model to buy. Thread must exceed 400 posts.




      i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="7"><font color="deepskyblue"><font color="black"><font size="3"><font face="Arial"><b>the world is one big fist fight.<br />
      <br />
      </b></font></font></font></font></font><div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>duncan</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=46572620#post46572620" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message">I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Rear Naked</strong>
      <a href="showthread.php?p=47312019#post47312019" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
      </div>
      <div class="message">I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.</div>

      </div>
      </div>
      </div> </div>

      Comment


      • #78
        This kind of **************** is why I just steal automobiles.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><br />
        <ul><li>PRS, Godin, Carvin, &amp; Ibanez guitars</li>
        <li>Digitech GSP1101/Control 2</li>
        <li>Sennheiser G2 in-ear system<br />
        </li>
        </ul></font></font><br />
        <br />
        <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>DrakkarTyrannis</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=45890001#post45890001" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">Ya'll n****s is gay<br />
        <br />
        Cheers, Lucius.</div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>BrendanO</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=44584730#post44584730" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.</div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> <a href="http://www.biggromeo.com" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">Band</font></a><br />
        <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/guitarbaba?feature=mhee" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">YouTube</font></a><br />
        <a href="http://www.facebook.com/baba.claxton" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">Facebook</font></a><br />
        <br />
        <font size="2"><font face="Garamond">Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC</font></font></div>

        Comment


        • #79
          This kind of **************** is why I just steal automobiles.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="2"><br />
          <ul><li>PRS, Godin, Carvin, &amp; Ibanez guitars</li>
          <li>Digitech GSP1101/Control 2</li>
          <li>Sennheiser G2 in-ear system<br />
          </li>
          </ul></font></font><br />
          <br />
          <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>DrakkarTyrannis</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=45890001#post45890001" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Ya'll n****s is gay<br />
          <br />
          Cheers, Lucius.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>BrendanO</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=44584730#post44584730" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <a href="http://www.biggromeo.com" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">Band</font></a><br />
          <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/guitarbaba?feature=mhee" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">YouTube</font></a><br />
          <a href="http://www.facebook.com/baba.claxton" target="_blank"><font face="Verdana">Facebook</font></a><br />
          <br />
          <font size="2"><font face="Garamond">Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC</font></font></div>

          Comment


          • #80
            Solution: just get a '73-'87 Chevy/GMC pickup. They can be had for pennies and run forever with very little maintenance. Plus they're cool as **************** and easy to work on.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">This:<br />
            Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, &amp; Bare Knuckles<br />
            '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier<br />
            '78 Marshall JMP 2204<br />
            Mesa Trad 4x12<br />
            Marshall 1960B<br />
            Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf<br />
            Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)</font><br />
            <br />
            <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>wrongnote85</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=46954913#post46954913" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?</div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> </div>

            Comment


            • #81
              Solution: just get a '73-'87 Chevy/GMC pickup. They can be had for pennies and run forever with very little maintenance. Plus they're cool as **************** and easy to work on.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">This:<br />
              Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, &amp; Bare Knuckles<br />
              '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier<br />
              '78 Marshall JMP 2204<br />
              Mesa Trad 4x12<br />
              Marshall 1960B<br />
              Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf<br />
              Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)</font><br />
              <br />
              <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>wrongnote85</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=46954913#post46954913" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> </div>

              Comment


              • #82






                Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
                View Post

                i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question.




                you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><div align="center">Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120</div><div align="center">535Q &gt; Keeley Compressor &gt; Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp &gt; Hartman Flanger</div><div align="center">Laney VH100R <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cool.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" class="inlineimg" /> / Laney GH50L <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/evil.gif" border="0" alt="" title="evil" class="inlineimg" /></div><div align="center">(MXR 10-band EQ &gt; Line 6 DL-4)</div><div align="center">Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)</div><br />
                Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM <br />
                <br />
                <font size="1">Yes that's my girlfriend.</font></font></div>

                Comment


                • #83






                  Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
                  View Post

                  i'm not even asking for any advice, or even asking a question.




                  you don't gotta lie to kick it Nelo. we've come to accept you as you are. you wouldn't post a thread like this unless you wanted suggestions/advice
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><div align="center">Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120</div><div align="center">535Q &gt; Keeley Compressor &gt; Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp &gt; Hartman Flanger</div><div align="center">Laney VH100R <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cool.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" class="inlineimg" /> / Laney GH50L <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/evil.gif" border="0" alt="" title="evil" class="inlineimg" /></div><div align="center">(MXR 10-band EQ &gt; Line 6 DL-4)</div><div align="center">Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)</div><br />
                  Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM <br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1">Yes that's my girlfriend.</font></font></div>

                  Comment


                  • #84






                    Quote Originally Posted by Robson780
                    View Post

                    Solution: just get a '73-'87 Chevy/GMC pickup. They can be had for pennies and run forever with very little maintenance. Plus they're cool as **************** and easy to work on.








                    K5 Blazer w/ lifts!

                    Comment


                    • #85






                      Quote Originally Posted by Robson780
                      View Post

                      Solution: just get a '73-'87 Chevy/GMC pickup. They can be had for pennies and run forever with very little maintenance. Plus they're cool as **************** and easy to work on.








                      K5 Blazer w/ lifts!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I'll be shopping for a car in September.



                        It'll be a Ford f250 or 350 with the diesel.



                        The only issue I'm having is whether to go XLT or King Ranch.



                        I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living **************** beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.



                        Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.









                        RSBro, y u hang like wizard sleeve with the 150?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I'll be shopping for a car in September.



                          It'll be a Ford f250 or 350 with the diesel.



                          The only issue I'm having is whether to go XLT or King Ranch.



                          I'd do the KR, but I know the truck is going to have the ever living **************** beat out of it. The fine leather of the KR is kind of a waste when there will be all kinds of muddy ass in and out of the truck.



                          Maybe one day when I'm a Baus boss (IE not in the field as much), I'll do the KR.









                          RSBro, y u hang like wizard sleeve with the 150?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Baus machine







                            No lift, rims, exhaust or anything ghey either.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Baus machine







                              No lift, rims, exhaust or anything ghey either.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Well I felt I just had to chime in; I've been shopping for a commuter car for a couple of weeks and finding it a little difficult.



                                First, private sellers don't seem to have the first clue about their car's value. They quick to deny test-drives saying they "don't want boy racer test pilots" turning up, which would be understandable if I had a backwards baseball cap on, which I don't. But they're for the most part in denial about depreciation. Vauxhall and Ford owners seem to be the worst. I've had some sticking true to their guns despite showing adverts of other lower mileage or newer cars at dealers for less than theirs and with a warranty. I give up on private sellers.



                                However, the dealers are up to some right unscrupulous tactics. I was set to pick an Astra up after a test drive went well. However, the MOT cert clearly stated "Advisory Issued: Yes". The staple marks in the top right corner were there, which logic dictates that an advisory was issue with the certificate. Yes? Well, not according to the salesman who professed that this was simply indicating that an emissions report was included and THAT'S what was stapled to the original cert.... er... yeah, cuz I've never ever had a car MOT'd before and have no idea what I'm looking at, right?



                                Add to that a lot of the service history looked like it had been filled in by the same bloke with different pens, all stamped with the same dealer service stamp all very conveniently in time too? Hmmmm.... something smells fishy.



                                Sadly, that wasn't an isolated incident. Who knew that spending
                                <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas</b><br />
                                <br />
                                <font size="1">Good transactions:<br />
                                StevePage (b)<br />
                                Deadeye Dom (s)<br />
                                Maiden_Fan (s)<br />
                                metareal (s)<br />
                                YourGuitarHero (b)<br />
                                Ratae Coritanorum (b)<br />
                                ¤ Matt ¤ (s)</font></div>

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X