Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hate car shopping.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love car shopping, you don't get to buy that many cars in a lifetime. Picking up the e class later this month, can't wait.
    strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

I love car shopping, you don't get to buy that many cars in a lifetime. Picking up the e class later this month, can't wait.
      strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75
        View Post

The only other used dealership I'd recommend is CarMax. Those folks aren't pushy at all.

because their commission is already tacked onto the price, making their cars more expensive than the bull****************ter lots.
        the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75
          View Post

The only other used dealership I'd recommend is CarMax. Those folks aren't pushy at all.

because their commission is already tacked onto the price, making their cars more expensive than the bull****************ter lots.

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

Getting a tooth pulled is more fun
            MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Getting a tooth pulled is more fun
              MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2767
                View Post

Im on the fence with buying another truck. My current truck is a Dakota R/T with the 5.9L in it and while it runs like a bat out of hell, everything else is wrong with it. I figure that the money I am spending, keeping it running every month is the same as a car payment.

but if you had a car payment - you would have a new car.
                Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2767
                  View Post

Im on the fence with buying another truck. My current truck is a Dakota R/T with the 5.9L in it and while it runs like a bat out of hell, everything else is wrong with it. I figure that the money I am spending, keeping it running every month is the same as a car payment.

Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Bought a used truck from a dealership a few months back and for once it was an easy experience. Before buying it, i went over it with a fine tooth comb and found a short list of issues I wanted taken care of. they fixed everything no questions asked. Didn't try to sell me any extras I didn't need, and the negotiations on price were more than fair since I had 4 dealerships in a price battle. In the end they didn't profit much from the sale. I hope it's this easy the NEXT time I walk into a dealership.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Bought a used truck from a dealership a few months back and for once it was an easy experience. Before buying it, i went over it with a fine tooth comb and found a short list of issues I wanted taken care of. they fixed everything no questions asked. Didn't try to sell me any extras I didn't need, and the negotiations on price were more than fair since I had 4 dealerships in a price battle. In the end they didn't profit much from the sale. I hope it's this easy the NEXT time I walk into a dealership.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Man...sucks for you guys. When I bought my element in 2004, I went to a small dealership...guy had maybe 10 cars. He posted on CL. It was such a great experience. I went in there, test drove it, told him I wanted to buy it. Filled out some paper work. He got me financing through a credit union. Went there, filled out some papers. They gave me a check. Went back to the dealership. Gave him the check. Drove away in my new car. It was awesome. Super easy. Ive had the car for 4.5 year at this point, and the only issue I had when I first got it was it needed new tires (which was worked out in the price of the car), and about a month after I had it, the belt snapped, which was my fault for not getting it checked to begin with. Otherwise, its been all maintenance stuff...oil and fluid changes, just got new tires again a year ago, that kinda ****************.
                        Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Man...sucks for you guys. When I bought my element in 2004, I went to a small dealership...guy had maybe 10 cars. He posted on CL. It was such a great experience. I went in there, test drove it, told him I wanted to buy it. Filled out some paper work. He got me financing through a credit union. Went there, filled out some papers. They gave me a check. Went back to the dealership. Gave him the check. Drove away in my new car. It was awesome. Super easy. Ive had the car for 4.5 year at this point, and the only issue I had when I first got it was it needed new tires (which was worked out in the price of the car), and about a month after I had it, the belt snapped, which was my fault for not getting it checked to begin with. Otherwise, its been all maintenance stuff...oil and fluid changes, just got new tires again a year ago, that kinda ****************.
                          Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

I just went through this process last spring. I used craigslist. There are great deals on there and a whole lot more really ****************ty ones as well. You can get a good car at a good price, but you have to be johnny on the spot to notify the seller. I know here in the burbs of chicago there are used car dealerships trolling CL trying to get any car that is good, buy it, and mark it up on their lot. IMHO, don't even start looking until you have the cash in hand. Any used car on CL that is worth a damn and is priced right, will move quick. good luck!
                            Current Rig:
                            Mark IVA Rackmount
                            GMajor 2
                            FCB1010
                            2x12 GFlex - Emi Swamp Thangs
                            2x12 GFlex - G12H-100s
                            Ibanez S 2170 SE - EMG 85/81 18V mod
                            Ibanez S 520 WNF - EMG 85/81

Stable:
                            Mark IVB Combo
                            Peavey 5150 (block letter)
                            Crate V3112
                            4x12 Avatar Trad

Comment

I just went through this process last spring. I used craigslist. There are great deals on there and a whole lot more really ****************ty ones as well. You can get a good car at a good price, but you have to be johnny on the spot to notify the seller. I know here in the burbs of chicago there are used car dealerships trolling CL trying to get any car that is good, buy it, and mark it up on their lot. IMHO, don't even start looking until you have the cash in hand. Any used car on CL that is worth a damn and is priced right, will move quick. good luck!
                              Current Rig:
                              Mark IVA Rackmount
                              GMajor 2
                              FCB1010
                              2x12 GFlex - Emi Swamp Thangs
                              2x12 GFlex - G12H-100s
                              Ibanez S 2170 SE - EMG 85/81 18V mod
                              Ibanez S 520 WNF - EMG 85/81

Stable:
                              Mark IVB Combo
                              Peavey 5150 (block letter)
                              Crate V3112
                              4x12 Avatar Trad

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mamberg
                                View Post

if i didn't have monthly student loan payments that rival payments on a brand new audi, i'd have a car payment.

Comment

Working...
                                X