ok ok tell me about aftershock cabs

magh8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy and I owned a couple of the first 6x12s he ever built.

Gat damn, the {censored}ers were nasty good. 3/4" ply all around (including the baffle), excellent bracing, overbuilt like crazy. I only sold mine to have him build me the two 2x12s that I'm currently using. He makes great stuff and you can load it with whatever you want.

And those 6x12s were some of the first cabs he EVER built. Way before he had nearly the amount of custom options/pinstriping/binding/stains/etc that he has now.

• Members

Gat damn, the {censored}ers were nasty good. 3/4" ply all around (including the baffle), excellent bracing, overbuilt like crazy. I only sold mine to have him build me the two 2x12s that I'm currently using. He makes great stuff and you can load it with whatever you want.

And those 6x12s were some of the first cabs he EVER built. Way before he had nearly the amount of custom options/pinstriping/binding/stains/etc that he has now.

• Members

is a woodworker
realizes guitarist snobbery
"idiots will pay me thousands for a {censored}ing box with holes in it, any retarded minimum wage cabinet maker can do this"
establishes name on forums
doubles income
????
profit

The lights are cool though. Reminds me of ricers :

ricer-mods-2.jpg

• Members

is a woodworker
realizes guitarist snobbery
"idiots will pay me thousands for a {censored}ing box with holes in it, any retarded minimum wage cabinet maker can do this"
establishes name on forums
doubles income
????
profit

The lights are cool though. Reminds me of ricers :

ricer-mods-2.jpg

• Members

The difference being, Brandon's (Aftershock) prices are VERY reasonable compared to anything else in the "fully custom cab" market. Amazingly reasonable.

I'm not a fan of the LED gimmick, but the fact that it's an option is cool. It's not like you have to order your cab that way. Nobody else is doing that idn_smilie.gif

EDIT: I shot him a text to see if I can get some high quality interior shots for you guys of his cabs and building process. I'll post them when I have 'em.

• Members

The difference being, Brandon's (Aftershock) prices are VERY reasonable compared to anything else in the "fully custom cab" market. Amazingly reasonable.

I'm not a fan of the LED gimmick, but the fact that it's an option is cool. It's not like you have to order your cab that way. Nobody else is doing that idn_smilie.gif

EDIT: I shot him a text to see if I can get some high quality interior shots for you guys of his cabs and building process. I'll post them when I have 'em.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post

Oh I here that...If I do decide to go with one I am opting out of the LED option...
I just like to hear what actual owners have to say about them... didn't you own some orange cabs as well? I have yet to try one what's yourtake on them??

• Members

Oh I here that...If I do decide to go with one I am opting out of the LED option...
I just like to hear what actual owners have to say about them... didn't you own some orange cabs as well? I have yet to try one what's yourtake on them??

• Members

Well, he built the 6x12s to Orange specs, only bigger. In terms of sound projection and feel, they were startlingly similar to Billy's Orange 4x12, but obviously sounded quite different due to the speaker compliment. Somewhat directional, but HUGE sounding. We also had a center divider going straight down the cabs, basically turning them into double 3x12s. It added weight, but also made them very punchy for such an enormous cab.

In terms of durability? Well {censored}, man. Those things went all over the country, played a couple hundred shows and held up like champs. Had to replace the casters a couple times due to the sheer weight of the cabs grinding them down to nubs but that's to be expected.

Billy's tolex held up better than mine because his was done in black mesa style, while mine was in white orange style and anybody will tell you, that textured tolex orange uses shreds pretty easily.

In terms of price vs sound and available options I don't think there's a better choice out there idn_smilie.gif

The guitars on the unreleased EP we did was with his cabs. You can hear that here

https://soundcloud.com/david-washburn

• Members

Well, he built the 6x12s to Orange specs, only bigger. In terms of sound projection and feel, they were startlingly similar to Billy's Orange 4x12, but obviously sounded quite different due to the speaker compliment. Somewhat directional, but HUGE sounding. We also had a center divider going straight down the cabs, basically turning them into double 3x12s. It added weight, but also made them very punchy for such an enormous cab.

In terms of durability? Well {censored}, man. Those things went all over the country, played a couple hundred shows and held up like champs. Had to replace the casters a couple times due to the sheer weight of the cabs grinding them down to nubs but that's to be expected.

Billy's tolex held up better than mine because his was done in black mesa style, while mine was in white orange style and anybody will tell you, that textured tolex orange uses shreds pretty easily.

In terms of price vs sound and available options I don't think there's a better choice out there idn_smilie.gif

The guitars on the unreleased EP we did was with his cabs. You can hear that here

https://soundcloud.com/david-washburn

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rebornself27 View Post
here ya go
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...terburner-412B

Again nothing crazy looks to be a 18 to 20 by 12 1/2 inch piece of ply with 6 3 inch holes cut out i could do that for you man for free
dammit Rich I now what the mills look like.I wanna see what aftershock did again..

Oh check out what shannon did to craigs DSL

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rebornself27 View Post
here ya go
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...terburner-412B

Again nothing crazy looks to be a 18 to 20 by 12 1/2 inch piece of ply with 6 3 inch holes cut out i could do that for you man for free
dammit Rich I now what the mills look like.I wanna see what aftershock did again..

Oh check out what shannon did to craigs DSL

• Members

This. And also the other thing Dave posted. I won't go through him again because next go around I'm going back to Orange 4x12's but that isn't a reflection on his quality that is a personal decision based on preferences and loyalty to a brand that has treated me like a golden god for no apparent reason.

• Members

This. And also the other thing Dave posted. I won't go through him again because next go around I'm going back to Orange 4x12's but that isn't a reflection on his quality that is a personal decision based on preferences and loyalty to a brand that has treated me like a golden god for no apparent reason.

Archived