So- going thruough all my old VHS tapes- found "Don't Blame Me" (Yes...Randy content)

Stevetemp

• Members

Holiday time off left me time to go through old VHS tape copies of MST 3K, TNT 100% weird like Brain Eaters, D-Day On Mars, Overlords of the UFO, and Anime like Robot Carnival, Demon City and Robot Hunter. All good stuff! Nostalgia hit hard!

Found a copy of Ozzy's Don't Blame Me...and I was like boring.gif for the most part. I had thought Randy's piece was very short, but they gave him a good amount of time. I'm not really sure why I am so emotional about Randy. But he really struck a musical nerve with me. That it was okay to not sound and play like EVH. To always search for musical knowledge, and it was okay to not have a huge rock star ego. I think he played a huge part in Ozzy's solo success. They really hit it off, a magical partnership. To add to it his early untimely death and all the other musical accomplishments that were to come his way....and it just hits me hard.

There's not much out there for Randy Rhoads fans, but DBM has some great clips and photos...you just have to wait for it.

BTW...I didn't hear ANY bad tone whatsoever. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp

View Post

Holiday time off left me time to go through old VHS tape copies of MST 3K, TNT 100% weird like Brain Eaters, D-Day On Mars, Overlords of the UFO, and Anime like Robot Carnival, Demon City and Robot Hunter. All good stuff! Nostalgia hit hard!

Found a copy of Ozzy's Don't Blame Me...and I was like boring.gif for the most part. I had thought Randy's piece was very short, but they gave him a good amount of time. I'm not really sure why I am so emotional about Randy. But he really struck a musical nerve with me. That it was okay to not sound and play like EVH. To always search for musical knowledge, and it was okay to not have a huge rock star ego. I think he played a huge part in Ozzy's solo success. They really hit it off, a magical partnership. To add to it his early untimely death and all the other musical accomplishments that were to come his way....and it just hits me hard.

There's not much out there for Randy Rhoads fans, but DBM has some great clips and photos...you just have to wait for it.

BTW...I didn't hear ANY bad tone whatsoever. idn_smilie.gif

Don't blame me was a good start back when it was released. But since then up until last year with the 30yrs after blizzard DVD they did not release any type of recognition of him.

There are MANY pro recorded audio shows of Randy from the blizzard tour. At least 6-8 shows were professionally recorded that we know of. On the latest live cd ozzy released of the blizzard tour last year that cd is made up of at least 4 different shows.

There is still a few known pro shot video out there to be released.

1. Entertainment Tonight footage December 81 when they were going through the final preparations for the diary tour. One camera man allowed to film two songs while warming up. Parts can be seen on YouTube. It has been confirmed to fully exist still and was supposed to be released with the RR documentary. But that fell apart due to the osbournes not cooperating.

2. Phoenix brothers footage - two brothers went to the diary show and had top qaity cameras and video recorded Randy ONLY for the entire show from both stage left and stage right. There are pics of what the quality is, as the guy who was friends with these brothers was allowed to take a few pictures of the projection screen thy were watching g it on back in the mid 2000s. The quality is as good or better than the after hours footage and that is evident in the pics. The cameras had no audio though so its video only. However, every show from the diary tour was recorded on the soundboard. We have about 8 diary boots we could sync it to ourselves, Tommy Aldridge says he has many if not all the shows they did on the diary tour on audio. I'll find/post pics maybe tomorrow if you want of the pics of the footage, I'm on my phone now so meh

3. Toast of the town - Same deal as the ET footage with one camera allowed to record two songs, probably destroyed though as during the RR documentary they searched for this and the last known whereabouts was the warehouse where this shows stored all there stuff. Apparently it was all destroyed in 1984ish MAYBE. This is also on YouTube , parts of it. The four songs were, I don't know, crazy train, mr.crowley and over the mountain. Two of these were the ET footage, and the other two were the toast of the town footage.

4. Pro shot Passaic NJ 81 show was just confirmed to exist by the writer of thr RR book that was just released. It is pro shot by the in house camera system. No news on release, but its still in the hands of the clubs owner. The show was a week or two after the tribute show we have, which was from May 81.

Those are thr major missing pieces of rhoads footage that we know to exist, just not released. Over the last 8yrs though there have been tons of little stuff coming out here and there from the ozzy era. People have this stuff up I there attics not knowing what it is :-(

Oh and if dont blame me got to you emotionally, watch the Japanese randy rhoads documentary from 2003...much much better than the just released 30 years after DVD. The

Sorry for any spelling stuff, eye phone redface.gif

Archived